Pages: 1 ... 150 151 152 [153] 154 155 156 ... 203   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The new, new manager thread. Thread closed.  (Read 282364 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #2280 on: Tuesday, June 14, 2022, 08:30:45 »

I see the MEN have been following the bookies as well... https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/manchester-united-michael-carrick-job-24212574
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2281 on: Tuesday, June 14, 2022, 08:35:45 »

Would it though?

Compared to someone who has managed (U23) or at least coached a few years then, IMO, yes.

We aren't talking player manager like Hoddle or McMoan here
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #2282 on: Tuesday, June 14, 2022, 08:36:37 »

Thought Di Michele came across well on the OSC. I suspect they have got a favoured man, but the last thing you’ll do in negotiations is let him think he’s the only option. The same goes for any discussions about budgets. You’re hardly going to let agents know we’re about the splash the cash as wage demands will simply increase.

I don’t quite understand the support for Caddis as a manager. Not yet. Let’s see if he turns into a good coach first. I want the best man for the job. I have zero interest in whether they have played here before.

Watching it on Youtube now - as with others disappointed he doesn't sound like I would imagine a Sandro Di Michele would sound!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Moss

Ignore
« Reply #2283 on: Tuesday, June 14, 2022, 08:40:19 »

Compared to someone who has managed (U23) or at least coached a few years then, IMO, yes.

We aren't talking player manager like Hoddle or McMoan here
[/b]

Gareth Bale is being very coy about his future. Just saying.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #2284 on: Tuesday, June 14, 2022, 08:41:14 »

So,  in effect, what he said to Hodgetts?

Couldn't tell you, was at a wedding over the weekend, missed the interview both on the radio and the Adver, I watched last night and was interested in what he had to say, how dare he say it twice though eh?
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #2285 on: Tuesday, June 14, 2022, 08:43:57 »

Would it though?

I think a lot of our fanbase are keen on the ex pro taking his steps in management route. Caddis fits that bill even if is career was away from Town.

Sure he lacks having played at the top level but other than that…

My worry with Caddis is how often he seemed to turn up out of shape pre season - would I want a manager like that?
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #2286 on: Tuesday, June 14, 2022, 08:48:54 »

My worry with Caddis is how often he seemed to turn up out of shape pre season - would I want a manager like that?
100 percent this for me too. It just seems to me that the last 5 years he has been chasing jobs and clubs and seems a bit desperate, je only has about 8 months coaching too.

I know these under 23 coaches may be unheard of but most have been coaching a good while now
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #2287 on: Tuesday, June 14, 2022, 08:52:06 »

100 percent this for me too. It just seems to me that the last 5 years he has been chasing jobs and clubs and seems a bit desperate, je only has about 8 months coaching too.

I know these under 23 coaches may be unheard of but most have been coaching a good while now
Agreed on all counts.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #2288 on: Tuesday, June 14, 2022, 08:56:10 »

Agreed on all counts.

Yeah I agree also, as with Mark Noble who was mentioned a few pages back it's probably a little early. Yes Cads has spent a year doing some background coaching work as well as setting up his kids football coaching academy, but I think he needs to get some experience under his belt at an actual football club before he looks at a football league managers role.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #2289 on: Tuesday, June 14, 2022, 08:57:27 »

This

He even said on the LS Podcast that he didn’t really care about what shape he came back in every season. Yes ok it will be a different mindset if he was manager but still….

As mentioned previously if he hadn’t played for us and got appointed there would be near uproar, far rather have one of the U23 guys.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2290 on: Tuesday, June 14, 2022, 08:59:47 »

he only has about 8 months coaching too.

Thumb Thumb Thumb

Hyabb17

Ignore
« Reply #2291 on: Tuesday, June 14, 2022, 09:02:54 »

Thumb Thumb Thumb

The other bizarre comments about ''under 23 coaches'' is that these are assumed to be cheap options, I would say that's far from it if they're from a Premier league or Championship club.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #2292 on: Tuesday, June 14, 2022, 09:08:17 »

Couldn't tell you, was at a wedding over the weekend, missed the interview both on the radio and the Adver, I watched last night and was interested in what he had to say, how dare he say it twice though eh?

Without wishing to be seen to 'gang up' on Aud, I also found it interesting having not heard the initial interview. There is definitely a blue print for what we are trying to do, whether it works long term is of course impossible to tell at this stage but I think given what happened last season there is air for optimism still.

OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #2293 on: Tuesday, June 14, 2022, 09:12:44 »

We all have our opinions on who we may or may not want as manager (based on not very much in a lot of cases) but we are not a party to what is surely the most important element in all of this i.e the interview. If we were able to watch these on i follow (purely hypothetical of course) we might at the end be saying 'OMG, we simply must appoint Caddis' or.... 'Hmmmm... Carrick?? Not so sure now'... there just seem to be a lot of opinions on here which almost mutate into facts based on not very much...
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #2294 on: Tuesday, June 14, 2022, 09:24:39 »

We all have our opinions on who we may or may not want as manager (based on not very much in a lot of cases) but we are not a party to what is surely the most important element in all of this i.e the interview. If we were able to watch these on i follow (purely hypothetical of course) we might at the end be saying 'OMG, we simply must appoint Caddis' or.... 'Hmmmm... Carrick?? Not so sure now'... there just seem to be a lot of opinions on here which almost mutate into facts based on not very much...

Can you imagine if the club did it in a Britain's got talent style audition and the fans could vote for their chosen manager?

Pages: 1 ... 150 151 152 [153] 154 155 156 ... 203   Go Up
Print
Jump to: