Pages: 1 ... 131 132 133 [134] 135 136 137 ... 203   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The new, new manager thread. Thread closed.  (Read 280262 times)
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #1995 on: Friday, June 10, 2022, 18:32:57 »

It definitely sounds like the first choices have turned us down and we're having to work hard to get someone who won't demand extortionate wages but also fits the clubs vision & criteria.

This is where a relatively unknown name will end up in the hot seat. All the same old, same old, journey men has beens need not apply. For that matter a lot of established names too, wether we can afford them or not. Nah, this is going to someone under the age of at most 40 but more likely 30-35 years of age. A relative newcomer to football management (league level not necessarily pertinent) who can and does embrace new ways of managing the game and its processes.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #1996 on: Friday, June 10, 2022, 18:35:27 »

This is where a relatively unknown name will end up in the hot seat. All the same old, same old, journey men has beens need not apply. For that matter a lot of established names too, wether we can afford them or not. Nah, this is going to someone under the age of at most 40 but more likely 30-35 years of age. A relative newcomer to football management (league level not necessarily pertinent) who can and does embrace new ways of managing the game and its processes.

I couldn't agree more....he does well then moves on quickly!

So, give no fucks
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #1997 on: Friday, June 10, 2022, 18:42:20 »

I couldn't agree more....he does well then moves on quickly!

There is that but as I said the other day, we’re bottom feeders, shit only rolls down hill and the pyramid stretches way above us in terms of big teams, kudos and money. Until we can establish ourselves in the championship managers will come and go at regular intervals. Even then the lure of the premiership for a few good championship managers would be to good to pass up. It is after all a results and success driven industry. You do well you get noticed, simple really.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #1998 on: Friday, June 10, 2022, 19:01:09 »

There is that but as I said the other day, we’re bottom feeders, shit only rolls down hill and the pyramid stretches way above us in terms of big teams, kudos and money. Until we can establish ourselves in the championship managers will come and go at regular intervals. Even then the lure of the premiership for a few good championship managers would be to good to pass up. It is after all a results and success driven industry. You do well you get noticed, simple really.

There's a reason Mark Hughes is only at Bradford😀

So, give no fucks
mozalini

Ignore
« Reply #1999 on: Friday, June 10, 2022, 19:58:31 »

I see that Paul Caddis has risen up the betting list to 5/1.  It probably means nothing but I don't think I'd be too disappointed if he gets the job.  2 Championship medals, top bloke and doing his coaching badges.  He clearly loves the club.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #2000 on: Friday, June 10, 2022, 20:00:48 »

I see that Paul Caddis has risen up the betting list to 5/1.  It probably means nothing but I don't think I'd be too disappointed if he gets the job.  2 Championship medals, top bloke and doing his coaching badges.  He clearly loves the club.

He wouldn't be a bad choice with Embleton as his no2

So, give no fucks
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #2001 on: Friday, June 10, 2022, 21:24:17 »

Wouldn't be at all upset if Caddis was appointed... Give him a go, why not? I suspect it will be no one who has been mentioned on here or by the bookies though.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #2002 on: Friday, June 10, 2022, 21:37:19 »

Only worth appointing Paul Caddis if he brings Si Ferry with him in some capacity
HeatonRed

Ignore
« Reply #2003 on: Friday, June 10, 2022, 21:44:49 »

I like Caddis' insight. I think he's a manager in the making but too early with no experience currently. Would be great to have him as part of the coaching setup.
The way I see the recruitment setup, Di Michele is there for the Tomlinson/Cooper type loans, players with some experience (therefore data) who might be beneficial to spend a little cash to further develop then sell on for profit. Then the Head Coach, ex U23 academy manager, knowing the U23 circuit and best youngsters for loan or permanent pickups.
I'm assuming the data system goes all the way into the academy system, but how beneficial to senior footbal is debatable. The other area to tap up is National League, but again I dont know how far the data analytics side goes into non-league football.
mozalini

Ignore
« Reply #2004 on: Friday, June 10, 2022, 21:48:35 »

Only worth appointing Paul Caddis if he brings Si Ferry with him in some capacity

Can you imagine if Ferry started mentoring Harry McKirdy?
mozalini

Ignore
« Reply #2005 on: Friday, June 10, 2022, 21:50:12 »

I like Caddis' insight. I think he's a manager in the making but too early with no experience currently. Would be great to have him as part of the coaching setup.
The way I see the recruitment setup, Di Michele is there for the Tomlinson/Cooper type loans, players with some experience (therefore data) who might be beneficial to spend a little cash to further develop then sell on for profit. Then the Head Coach, ex U23 academy manager, knowing the U23 circuit and best youngsters for loan or permanent pickups.
I'm assuming the data system goes all the way into the academy system, but how beneficial to senior footbal is debatable. The other area to tap up is National League, but again I dont know how far the data analytics side goes into non-league football.

I agree, I see Caddis as someone to bring into the coaching set up now, a nice bit of succession planning to take over the reigns in a few years time.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #2006 on: Friday, June 10, 2022, 22:10:54 »

I said this previously. Have ferry as manager just for the post match interviews. Like a young Gordon Strachan. Would be chaos.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2007 on: Friday, June 10, 2022, 22:49:48 »

"Gordon, a quick word"
"Rapid"
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #2008 on: Saturday, June 11, 2022, 07:06:31 »

https://twitter.com/piccalupo28/status/1535228749725196289

Wonder if Piccareta has applied?
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #2009 on: Saturday, June 11, 2022, 07:08:20 »

Caddis as assistant could be in the cards

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 133 [134] 135 136 137 ... 203   Go Up
Print
Jump to: