Pages: 1 ... 130 131 132 [133] 134 135 136 ... 203   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The new, new manager thread. Thread closed.  (Read 281328 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1980 on: Friday, June 10, 2022, 13:44:59 »

I would say his definition of success is somewhat different to mine.
JanAirplaneMan

« Reply #1981 on: Friday, June 10, 2022, 13:45:47 »

Ah fair enough, I was told he left last week. Has the new guy been announced?
Not formally as doesnt start until 23rd June
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #1982 on: Friday, June 10, 2022, 13:45:48 »

So all the self proclaimed ITK were again talking rubbish about several guys turning us down...

Same ones who stated budget was slashed for next season.....

I haven't listened but if he stated that nobody turned us down, he not necessarily wrong there, but if somebody had agreed that they would come and then their existing club made them an offer to keep them and make them change their mind, that wouldn't be classed as being turned down i guess.

Mind you, i don't know if I am classed as a self proclaimed ITK or not, so this might be considered rubbish.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #1983 on: Friday, June 10, 2022, 13:49:47 »

Not formally as doesnt start until 23rd June

ok cheers.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #1984 on: Friday, June 10, 2022, 13:53:38 »

Interesting interview, sounds like a good communicator and knows exactly what is needed, like that he does not rule out a young coach first job or an experienced coach as well, just someone that can develop players and play's good football to win games and get success
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #1985 on: Friday, June 10, 2022, 13:56:40 »

I'm interested to understand the model. So, players are developed. If they are loaners, presumably there is some payment to the club? Read once that loans can be structured in more games played equalling less wages contribution by the club. But are there other payments? Or do big clubs then look favourably on the little club and give them more loans and/or more preferential rates?

And developing our players - How long do you develop them before selling? If we are data driven, what algorithm is used to determine the optimum time to sell?

How much does promotion factor in to the model? Is it better for a business to develop players in L2 or L1? Would the optimum profit margin be achieved by getting the club into the playoffs and losing every year, selling the squad and building a new one? Or, is it more profitable to develop the same players through the leagues?

Interesting one!

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1986 on: Friday, June 10, 2022, 14:07:20 »

Re Harsley

‘However, BirminghamLive understands Birmingham City have not yet received an official approach from the League Two outfit. Swindon finished in the play-off places last season and recently appointed former Wigan head of recruitment Sandro Di Michele as technical director.’
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #1987 on: Friday, June 10, 2022, 14:14:14 »

I'm interested to understand the model. So, players are developed. If they are loaners, presumably there is some payment to the club? Read once that loans can be structured in more games played equalling less wages contribution by the club. But are there other payments? Or do big clubs then look favourably on the little club and give them more loans and/or more preferential rates?

And developing our players - How long do you develop them before selling? If we are data driven, what algorithm is used to determine the optimum time to sell?

How much does promotion factor in to the model? Is it better for a business to develop players in L2 or L1? Would the optimum profit margin be achieved by getting the club into the playoffs and losing every year, selling the squad and building a new one? Or, is it more profitable to develop the same players through the leagues?

Interesting one!

My understanding of loans. Particularly younger players.

Loan fee is agreed. Let’s say it’s 100k for the season but for every game the loanee plays in 2k gets knocked off the loan fee.

So if we only play them once we will end up paying 98k at the end of the loan spell.
If they play 50 games they cost us nothing.

If we are talking Prem youngsters then chances are we don’t pick up the wages because a 19 year old kids wages are nothing to the bigger teams and for them the main thing they want out the loan is their player getting game time.

Older players from lower league clubs is different - as chances are the club want them off the wage bill to use the wages on someone else.

So, last season. I imagine (and I am guessing here) we probably paid next to nothing for Barry but probably picked up a good % of Davison’s wages
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #1988 on: Friday, June 10, 2022, 14:15:50 »

Re Harsley

‘However, BirminghamLive understands Birmingham City have not yet received an official approach from the League Two outfit. Swindon finished in the play-off places last season and recently appointed former Wigan head of recruitment Sandro Di Michele as technical director.’
"I'm a very friendly coach called Harsley, I am always very glad to see you wave. But please don't shout or speak to me too harshly, because I'm not particularly brave..."

Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #1989 on: Friday, June 10, 2022, 14:18:48 »

Loan fee is agreed. Let’s say it’s 100k for the season but for every game the loanee plays in 2k gets knocked off the loan fee.

So if we only play them once we will end up paying 98k at the end of the loan spell.

If we are talking Prem youngsters then chances are we don’t pick up the wages because a 19 year old kids wages are nothing to the bigger teams and for them the main thing they want out the loan is their player getting game time.

Older players from lower league clubs is different - as chances are the club want them off the wage bill to use the wages on someone else.

So, last season. I imagine (and I am guessing here) we probably paid next to nothing for Barry but probably picked up a good % of Davison’s wages
So, putting that into the sustainability model means that you take as many Prem loans as possible to keep your overheads low.

But, I wonder what the other golden rules are?

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1990 on: Friday, June 10, 2022, 14:19:13 »

Here’s a new one

Anthony Limbrick, Aussie manager of TNS in the Welsh league.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #1991 on: Friday, June 10, 2022, 14:24:20 »

So, putting that into the sustainability model means that you take as many Prem loans as possible to keep your overheads low.

But, I wonder what the other golden rules are?

In that sense yes but from a return on investment point of view you’d want to get in slightly older young players with a year left on their contract who are unlikely to make it at their parents club.

For example, Louie Barry is thought of highly at Villa. He’s never going to sign here. He improves our team but offers us no profit.

Someone like Luongo is the type we’d need to look at. Not good enough for Spurs, he does well here. We sign him (either free or nominal fee) and then improve him and sell him on.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #1992 on: Friday, June 10, 2022, 17:29:38 »

Interesting one!

Here is an interesting tweet that does a good job of explaining it:

https://twitter.com/pauld_70/status/1535255255432278017?s=21&t=l3D8ogwVkREXHSvO3aNglQ

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #1993 on: Friday, June 10, 2022, 17:58:14 »

It definitely sounds like the first choices have turned us down and we're having to work hard to get someone who won't demand extortionate wages but also fits the clubs vision & criteria.

So, give no fucks
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #1994 on: Friday, June 10, 2022, 18:30:58 »

Not necessarily, some deals are based on not paying any wages but a guarantee on appearances.
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 132 [133] 134 135 136 ... 203   Go Up
Print
Jump to: