Pages: 1 ... 129 130 131 [132] 133 134 135 ... 203   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The new, new manager thread. Thread closed.  (Read 280316 times)
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #1965 on: Friday, June 10, 2022, 11:48:31 »

Its probably the first thing they tell potential head coaches before they are interviewed - this is what we are looking for.

You would expect the head coach to be involved in recruitment though, you would expect a team effort, players may be identified by the data model but I'm sure the new head coach will have an input into it.

He tells them he needs a wide forward, those type players will be identified based on the data then they do their scouting watching videos etc on wyscout and talking to other managers etc before agreeing who to try and sign.

Sorry i meant maybe someone has told them they'll have a think and we have released this hoping it forces their hand to make a decision
JanAirplaneMan

« Reply #1966 on: Friday, June 10, 2022, 11:50:58 »

ASD left last week so comms should go up a level now I reckon.
He leaves soon, new chap doesbt start until 23rd ASD was there Tuesday and working.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #1967 on: Friday, June 10, 2022, 11:55:44 »

I'm not sure that's relevant under the new model though. The head coach won't have much involvement in signings as that's the Technical Director & head of recruitments role. The head coach will be there to nit the team together I would suggest.

I agree, however not all of the fan base will - you know people will still be saying these things.  We still have people in full belief that Ryan Mason and Paolo Di Canio are genuine options for manager.  Some of our fans do struggle to read the room sometimes.  My point is, why would the club announce things out of order just becasue of a few impatient fans, when releasing that information is not really going to benefit anyone except satisfy that impatience.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #1968 on: Friday, June 10, 2022, 11:56:24 »

Paul Harsley?
All I can think is that there is a very friendly lion called P. Harsley. 😎

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #1969 on: Friday, June 10, 2022, 11:59:07 »

Sorry i meant maybe someone has told them they'll have a think and we have released this hoping it forces their hand to make a decision
If someone made me an offer and then released this, I would think it gave me MORE time to think about it - I'd think that they obviously want me (as they made an offer) and are talking their time to make sure they get me! That being the case, I might think about asking for a bit more!

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1970 on: Friday, June 10, 2022, 12:40:43 »

Adver’s Johnny Leighfield

‘I've just had a long chat with new #STFC TD @Shandydimich about head-coach search, recruitment model, and the future of the club etc. I'm feeling very optimistic. Patience required initially, but I'm hoping Town are moving in the right direction again. 🔴⚪️’
Hyabb17

Ignore
« Reply #1971 on: Friday, June 10, 2022, 13:24:04 »

Adver’s Johnny Leighfield

‘I've just had a long chat with new #STFC TD @Shandydimich about head-coach search, recruitment model, and the future of the club etc. I'm feeling very optimistic. Patience required initially, but I'm hoping Town are moving in the right direction again. 🔴⚪️’

BBC wilts have just put a 10min interview up, speaks very well & what he says makes perfect sense. Said we've not come close to appointing anyone nor has anyone turned us down.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #1972 on: Friday, June 10, 2022, 13:26:58 »

BBC wilts have just put a 10min interview up, speaks very well & what he says makes perfect sense. Said we've not come close to appointing anyone nor has anyone turned us down.
Can we have the link please? Poss can't get it while overseas anyway.

Hyabb17

Ignore
« Reply #1973 on: Friday, June 10, 2022, 13:30:19 »

Can we have the link please? Poss can't get it while overseas anyway.

Here you go:-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0cd65rt
Cowley38

Ignore
« Reply #1974 on: Friday, June 10, 2022, 13:34:28 »

So all the self proclaimed ITK were again talking rubbish about several guys turning us down...

Same ones who stated budget was slashed for next season.....
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #1975 on: Friday, June 10, 2022, 13:38:41 »

So all the self proclaimed ITK were again talking rubbish about several guys turning us down...

Same ones who stated budget was slashed for next season.....

It's possible that the definition of turned us down differs - Di Michele could mean "nobody has been formally offered the job and turned it down" and others could mean "some candidates were approached and were not interested, or withdrew candidacy after interviews".
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #1976 on: Friday, June 10, 2022, 13:39:25 »

ITKN, in the know nothing  

I come from a land down-under
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #1977 on: Friday, June 10, 2022, 13:40:09 »

Thank you.

Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #1978 on: Friday, June 10, 2022, 13:41:53 »

He calls 'Shawn' 'Shawn' lots doesn't he! Just like someone else! 😲

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #1979 on: Friday, June 10, 2022, 13:43:31 »

He leaves soon, new chap doesbt start until 23rd ASD was there Tuesday and working.

Ah fair enough, I was told he left last week. Has the new guy been announced?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 131 [132] 133 134 135 ... 203   Go Up
Print
Jump to: