Pages: 1 ... 128 129 130 [131] 132 133 134 ... 203   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The new, new manager thread. Thread closed.  (Read 281596 times)
Hyabb17

Ignore
« Reply #1950 on: Friday, June 10, 2022, 09:51:42 »

https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/2022/june/club-update-on-search-for-head-coach/

Sounds like could be a little while still, this communicating malarkey is still a bit strange.

Rather they get the right person in rather than rush an appointment. A little dig at Graner as well I think - ''invested in the long term project''.

I reckon that Sandro has slowed the process down based upon what was said. Perhaps Clem & Rob had someone in mind however the new guy who will oversee it all has other ideas.
« Last Edit: Friday, June 10, 2022, 09:55:10 by Hyabb17 » Logged
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1951 on: Friday, June 10, 2022, 09:54:25 »

Zzzzzzzzzz!

Wake me up when they’ve decided on some bozo
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #1952 on: Friday, June 10, 2022, 10:11:25 »

Can’t argue with any of that. Was hoping for an announcement today, but you don’t release a statement like that if you’re expecting an unveiling later that day.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #1953 on: Friday, June 10, 2022, 10:16:18 »

Charlton pretty much did the same thing though?

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #1954 on: Friday, June 10, 2022, 10:24:10 »

I think they were expecting to announce Crofts today, hence the need for an update - fair enough.  I would rather them take another week and get the right person in rather than hire somebody and having to fire him at Xmas and go through this arse ache again.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1955 on: Friday, June 10, 2022, 10:26:12 »

"They must be comfortable working in a modern structure with a Technical Director and a data driven recruitment strategy.

That'll put a few managers off. Which is understandable given it's their neck on the chopping block.

Not saying it the wrong approach. Change can be good.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1956 on: Friday, June 10, 2022, 10:34:18 »

I think they were expecting to announce Crofts today, hence the need for an update - fair enough.  I would rather them take another week and get the right person in rather than hire somebody and having to fire him at Xmas and go through this arse ache again.
Doesn’t stop the club announcing which existing players have signed up again, though.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #1957 on: Friday, June 10, 2022, 10:36:36 »

That'll put a few managers off. Which is understandable given it's their neck on the chopping block.

Not saying it the wrong approach. Change can be good.

I guess that rules out (not that it was expected anyway) the old dinosaurs of management hence the links to all these young and trendy coaches like Mason, Delaney, Crofts and now Harsley that presumably already work under these conditions in the under 23 setups.

Michele gets to play football manager and bring in 4 star potential players and the manager has to get them into an attacking tactic that wins football matches. If it works, huzzah. I'm fully behind what we are trying to do. That doesn't mean it will work of course but I'm remaining positive.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #1958 on: Friday, June 10, 2022, 10:39:08 »

https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/2022/june/club-update-on-search-for-head-coach/

Sounds like could be a little while still, this communicating malarkey is still a bit strange.

ASD left last week so comms should go up a level now I reckon.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #1959 on: Friday, June 10, 2022, 10:42:31 »

They won't announce players before they have a manager in place, that makes no sense.  They do that and the fans will be saying these players didn't get the approval of the manager.  As much as every fan is impatient, i get that, but we have been crying out for the club to do things in the right way - by indentifying and announcing the management team, and then announcing players, they will be doing things the right way.

Of course it's frustrating for fans, but knowing what players have been signed today compared to a weeks time makes no difference whatsoever, except for satisfying fans that are understandibly hungry for news.  As like every season, the work is being done and whether you believe in the management of the club or not, you just have to give them time to do their stuff, and do it in the right way.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Hyabb17

Ignore
« Reply #1960 on: Friday, June 10, 2022, 11:04:34 »

They won't announce players before they have a manager in place, that makes no sense.  They do that and the fans will be saying these players didn't get the approval of the manager.  As much as every fan is impatient, i get that, but we have been crying out for the club to do things in the right way - by indentifying and announcing the management team, and then announcing players, they will be doing things the right way.

Of course it's frustrating for fans, but knowing what players have been signed today compared to a weeks time makes no difference whatsoever, except for satisfying fans that are understandibly hungry for news.  As like every season, the work is being done and whether you believe in the management of the club or not, you just have to give them time to do their stuff, and do it in the right way.

I'm not sure that's relevant under the new model though. The head coach won't have much involvement in signings as that's the Technical Director & head of recruitments role. The head coach will be there to nit the team together I would suggest.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #1961 on: Friday, June 10, 2022, 11:34:17 »

Wonder if they have someone in mind and using this as way to force his hand
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #1962 on: Friday, June 10, 2022, 11:42:37 »

Its probably the first thing they tell potential head coaches before they are interviewed - this is what we are looking for.

You would expect the head coach to be involved in recruitment though, you would expect a team effort, players may be identified by the data model but I'm sure the new head coach will have an input into it.

He tells them he needs a wide forward, those type players will be identified based on the data then they do their scouting watching videos etc on wyscout and talking to other managers etc before agreeing who to try and sign.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #1963 on: Friday, June 10, 2022, 11:46:28 »

Plus people are saying Crofts has turned us down.
Now, that of course could be bang on…but…also football doesn’t exactly have a defined wage structure and people (well their agents) negotiate their deals right.
Could be a case of Crofts has rejected our initial offer and talks / negotiations are still on going?
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #1964 on: Friday, June 10, 2022, 11:48:05 »

Paul Harsley?
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 130 [131] 132 133 134 ... 203   Go Up
Print
Jump to: