Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ardiles Jnr  (Read 3264 times)

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Monday, June 9, 2008, 13:07:22 »

congrats ardiles to you and the mrs.
i suggest go for a year earlier to get the boy to his first game.mine went a week short of his 4th birthday
land_of_bo

« Reply #16 on: Monday, June 9, 2008, 13:08:38 »

Good work fella.

Trying to manufacture a mini-bo at the moment  Shocked
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Monday, June 9, 2008, 13:10:35 »

Congrats to you both - enjoy the sleepless nights (apparently!)
neville w

« Reply #18 on: Monday, June 9, 2008, 13:43:58 »

Quote from: "land_of_bo"
Good work fella.

Trying to manufacture a mini-bo at the moment  Shocked

Probably best not posting right now then ?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Monday, June 9, 2008, 16:02:00 »

Quote from: "Ardiles"
Thanks for all your best wishes, chaps.  Much appreciated.  If you find any 4am posts from me during the next few weeks, at least now you'll understand why.

And glad to hear all going well with your little lad, magic8ball.  I'll be on to you for advice if we need it!

You want to avoid that sort of shit mate, that's what mothers are for.  Nature provided them with the necessary apparatus for keeping babies happy and us with the perfect apparatus for sleeping through it.....namely legs to  take you to and from the pub.
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Monday, June 9, 2008, 16:33:18 »

congrats Ardiles, Reg - step out of the fifties. actually don't bother, too late for you!
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Monday, June 9, 2008, 17:00:50 »

congrats ossie!!

Things get better but they never get good
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Monday, June 9, 2008, 19:08:17 »

Well done Ardiles et al. Oh and Magic8Ball whose big news came as I was away for a couple of weeks. Good luck.
STFC4LIFE
Fence Fucker

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Monday, June 9, 2008, 19:09:57 »

Congratulations.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, June 10, 2008, 21:10:17 »

Quote from: "axs"
congrats Ardiles, Reg - step out of the fifties. actually don't bother, too late for you!

Nought to do with the 50's mate....if you're a bird you can have a vast wedge of time off for maternity leave, with most reputable employers, if you're a bloke maybe a week to a fortnight.  If society considers this an equal arrangement how come blokes don't get the time wedge?

This, however, is better than the Thatcherite 80's, when I had to phone in sick when my kids were born, as there was no paternity leave.
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, June 10, 2008, 23:01:27 »

because the bloke doesn't give birth.  :-))(
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, June 11, 2008, 06:26:27 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"

Nought to do with the 50's mate....if you're a bird you can have a vast wedge of time off for maternity leave, with most reputable employers, if you're a bloke maybe a week to a fortnight.  If society considers this an equal arrangement how come blokes don't get the time wedge?

This, however, is better than the Thatcherite 80's, when I had to phone in sick when my kids were born, as there was no paternity leave.

I have taken two weeks' leave, the first of which is fully paid while the last week is being paid at the statutory rate of £100 odd (ie a lot lower, but better than a kick in the knackers.)  I have no complaints with the arrangement.

I am sure that once I return to work next week, Mrs Ardiles will deal with the lion's share of the night time feeds.  But for now, I'm happy to share the burden equally - not least because she's still very tired and I'm still in complete awe of what she went through last Tuesday and Wednesday.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday, June 11, 2008, 06:37:14 »

because the bloke doesn't give birth.  :-))(

:roll:
Lumps

« Reply #28 on: Wednesday, June 11, 2008, 09:06:40 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"

Nought to do with the 50's mate....if you're a bird you can have a vast wedge of time off for maternity leave, with most reputable employers, if you're a bloke maybe a week to a fortnight. If society considers this an equal arrangement how come blokes don't get the time wedge?

Well, Reg will be pleased to know that all that is due to change shortly, when the maternity leave entitlement will become some kind of parental leave entitlement that can be shared between both parents. Fathers will then be able to take a few months of paternity leave if the mother returns to work.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday, June 11, 2008, 09:15:02 »

I took a week off when my son was born.

Luckily the first four days were quiet, as mother and baby were still in the PMH. The last three days were a bit of a bastard though. Every time she got up for him she insisted on switching the light on.

Inconsiderate bitch, no wonder we got divorced..............

It's All Good..............
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: