Pages: 1 ... 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 ... 66   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Port Vile v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 60299 times)
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #870 on: Friday, May 20, 2022, 14:32:32 »

Really? Because I'm not sure I heard much of an argument, opinion or retort other than "I'm at ex copper and you're not, so you wouldn't understand why these police elected not to protect people and instead video the victims"

There was no argument. Its just another copper sticking up for coppers being clearly wrong, just like we see more and more of over the last few years.

Blue lives matter and all that.

Yeah exactly that. Where’s the argument? Fucking embarrassing defending the point of view that women and kids shouldn’t be the police first point of call RE protection. Also laughable to completely ignore the fact our players got punched in face on pitch, women and kids coined, other fans hit by bottles, fans hit in face by pyros- but nah- not the police fault - #alllivesmatter #bluelivesmatter #allhighstreetstoresmattersojusticeforjjbsports. Fucking bollocks. Disgrace from the police yesterday- they laughed at it all and us.
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #871 on: Friday, May 20, 2022, 14:41:43 »

Mango, Chalkie,

You have your view on things. I have my view on things.

I wasn't at the game so didn't see what you are saying happened.

I try to offer an explanation as to why the big picture develops the way it does.

Accept it or not. I can't change that.

Our views will in all likelihood continue to differ but, such is the way of life.

Not ACAB- most really do care.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #872 on: Friday, May 20, 2022, 14:49:57 »

I am sorry if I have upset some folk on here. I suppose I should accept the opinions are like arseholes- nearly everyone has one.

Not at all, I have a couple of ex copper brother in laws and they say much the same as you.

Still seems to be strange blaming the police when it was actually caused by people acting like wankers, and would not be an issue if men didn't feel the need to be bobby big balls and learnt to take their larger and coke!

Many of us have managed to get to middle age without the need to run on pitches, kick and thump people and throw stuff.

Anyway we will see what happens when some dickhead politician wants to make a point about such matters.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #873 on: Friday, May 20, 2022, 15:00:05 »

Mango, Chalkie,

You have your view on things. I have my view on things.

I wasn't at the game so didn't see what you are saying happened.

I try to offer an explanation as to why the big picture develops the way it does.

Accept it or not. I can't change that.

Our views will in all likelihood continue to differ but, such is the way of life.

Not ACAB- most really do care.

What's set us off though is you clearly just jumped to the defense without realising the actions of the police on this occasion were very clearly wrong.

I get it, the police take a lot of flak and its not all warranted. But jumping to the defense of police who have clearly fucked up just makes it more "us vs them"

If they'd have got off their asses and formed a line in front of the town fans last night we wouldn't have two or three little boys and girls 8 to 10 years old being treated for head injuries.

Why they deemed it more appropriate to video the victims, you being an ex copper will probably know better than me. But I have my suspicions.

Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #874 on: Friday, May 20, 2022, 15:02:17 »

Obvious issue is you could have moles in the crowd. Can you imagine we won a play off semi final and 100 or so Oxford fans ran on the pitch disguised as Swindon supporters.

It would be the club’s responsibility to ensure that doesn’t happen, they would at least have some incentive to do so.

FWIW I don’t have much of a problem with fans celebrating on the pitch (think of the Walsall game at Swindon when we both got promoted), but something has to be done to protect the players & officials.

To me the clubs have to have some responsibility to ensure that happens.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #875 on: Friday, May 20, 2022, 15:07:11 »

Mansfield have an initial allocation of 30k, Vile have 25k  Grin
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #876 on: Friday, May 20, 2022, 15:13:03 »

Tinpot  Girl Giggle

Might be worth setting up a seat allocation/sales thread so that those who are not keeping such a close eye can swerve the updates.

Nothing to see here
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #877 on: Friday, May 20, 2022, 15:14:23 »

Initial? Surely they don’t expect to sell all of them let alone more?
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #878 on: Friday, May 20, 2022, 15:18:42 »

Initial? Surely they don’t expect to sell all of them let alone more?

I think they'll return more than they'll sell
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #879 on: Friday, May 20, 2022, 15:26:44 »

What's set us off though is you clearly just jumped to the defense without realising the actions of the police on this occasion were very clearly wrong.

I get it, the police take a lot of flak and its not all warranted. But jumping to the defense of police who have clearly fucked up just makes it more "us vs them"

If they'd have got off their asses and formed a line in front of the town fans last night we wouldn't have two or three little boys and girls 8 to 10 years old being treated for head injuries.

Why they deemed it more appropriate to video the victims, you being an ex copper will probably know better than me. But I have my suspicions.

Ex Occupational Hazard from doing a job where practitioners were/ are constantly under the cosh. I retired 8 years ago next month but some of the wounds are still raw.

Don't get me wrong, I know as well as everyone else that certain officers should be out of a job or should never have got one but, the bad apples do get through.
Godd002

Go Big Red

Ignore
« Reply #880 on: Friday, May 20, 2022, 15:31:48 »

Not sure what the answer is, but something needs to be done to protect players & officials from scenes like last night.

It won’t happen but maybe ban all fans from the guilty teams from the playoff final.
Alternatively, kick Out the guilty team, so in this case Mansfield get promoted without having to play.

It has to have some tangible impact on the club, otherwise they will continue to not give a toss, and claim they did everything they could.

If the EFL took a hard standard of disqualifying a team that doesn't police their fans properly then maybe something would change over time...there will be dumb asses  but that many and to go after who they did...  if you know your team will not be allowed to play in the finals if you assault the other team/fans in the stadium then maybe you think twice?   it has to come from the top with stiff penalties to really make a difference, a club this size doesnt have the resources to deal with it themselves even if they want to.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #881 on: Friday, May 20, 2022, 15:40:20 »

Sorry but this excuse doesn’t wash on this occasion. There was no development of the big picture, the Police openly admitted before the game this would happen and no plans in place, the officers on the ground hadn’t even been properly briefed on switch of away ends. So if they clearly knew this would happen why wasn’t there a plan in place to protest players and away fans?!

It’s the equivalent of not trying to stop a terrorist attack because you think it’s going to happen eventually anyway!

The police along with Vale made a complete mess of this and it is indefensible just like the actions of their fans and manager.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #882 on: Friday, May 20, 2022, 15:41:35 »

Just been speaking to a Mate of Harry McKirdy.
Evidently took a few punches and kicks last night, a little bruising but devastated about the game outcome.
Was also sat Close to his Dad last night. Clearly broken with that penalty miss.

Somebody could have been seriously hurt with all that going on last night.
I sure some Scum Vale fans will be sleeping a little uneasy next few nexts expecting a knock on the door.
Hope they identify a few as that was totally unacceptable.

Just knew it was going to kick of days before. Always an edgy place as is Stoke.
Godd002

Go Big Red

Ignore
« Reply #883 on: Friday, May 20, 2022, 15:45:12 »

Evidently took a few punches and kicks last night, a little bruising but devastated about the game outcome.
Was also sat Close to his Dad last night. Clearly broken with that penalty miss.

I sure some Scum Vale fans will be sleeping a little uneasy next few nexts expecting a knock on the door.

Just knew it was going to kick of days before. Always an edgy place as is Stoke.

Feel bad for McKirdy..he was clearly shaken most of the match....not sure I would have put him in my 1st 5...Pens are all about confidence, and he was shaken...alot to ask of a young guy.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #884 on: Friday, May 20, 2022, 16:03:54 »

Club have been silent.
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 ... 66   Go Up
Print
Jump to: