Pages: 1 ... 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 ... 66   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Port Vile v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 60282 times)
adje

Ignore
« Reply #780 on: Friday, May 20, 2022, 08:00:58 »

A striker and a midfield enforcer* away from automatics.

Cost us in the semi final too.

was hoping to stay in the league at the start of the season, that's the perspective

a dismantled squad and the unknown of whether the chance will come again soon is the reality of the summer

*assuming garner used him. Gladwin did ok to be going even though it's not his strength
You do have to wonder whether we are "tough enough" I'm afraid. Over the 2 games,Vile committed 32 fouls,twice as many as us but we had more bookings. Maybe not significant but the majority of our bookings seem to be for petulance or dissent. Having said that I wouldn't want us to ditch our strategy completely
« Last Edit: Friday, May 20, 2022, 08:16:49 by adje » Logged

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #781 on: Friday, May 20, 2022, 08:14:19 »

I see its made the sports headlines on the BBC website. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61517517
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #782 on: Friday, May 20, 2022, 08:17:19 »

This is a tough one and for once I haven't read back, and possibly won't!!

Arrived in good time to Vale Park, via Stafford Services where there was a good Swindon contingent stocking up on food and drink. The away end was very vocal and the stand we were in had great acoustics, reminded me of Bristol City away when we got relegated.

I thought we were slow out of the traps and Vale were fired up. They missed an open goal, we should have had a penalty for handball (I think, was at the opposite end) and then they scored. We could barely string 2 passes together and they also hit the post. We managed to stagger off the ropes and finally got a toe hold into the game. Second half was quite even but I don't recall too many clear cut chances. I felt in Extra time that we had the upper hand and I think Garner going to 3 at the back was sensible in order to get more possession and attempt to completely knacker out an already dead on their feet Vale side. Unfortunately we just couldn't create anything. In fact, I can't recall their keeper actually having to make a save until the penalties, Ward, much the busier and a key save right at the end.

Obviously pens is a lottery but at 3-1 it's a huge chance but typical that Mckirdy missed the bloody target completely. at least Davison had his saved but you felt it was only a matter of time before we lost and I was gutted for it to be Ellis, who has been so good all season, that was the one to do it. Then the inevitable pitch invasion whereby the Vale fans seemed desperate to rub it in rather than celebrate with their players. There were a few bottles thrown back and forth but thankfully the ugly scenes didn't continue outside where the Vale fans walking back to our cars seemed much more affable. I thought the atmosphere was good last night, especially in the away end.

In the end, I wasn't actually gutted. It's cliched and irritates some people but look back to where we were 2 weeks before the season started, a mess. To be able to turn things around so spectacularly on and off the field was incredible. To be a penalty kick away from the play off final.

I've heard we may be able to keep much of the squad together so if we can add good squad depth, next season is going to be a lot of fun!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #783 on: Friday, May 20, 2022, 08:23:52 »

On a different note hope Mansfield absolutely batter them at Wembley

I'd say let PV get promoted.
Can't bear the thought of visiting Burslem again any time soon.
With a bit of luck we can give them a wave on the way up when they are heading back in the other direction.
In football what goes around comes around always happens. Eventually.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #784 on: Friday, May 20, 2022, 08:26:27 »

if we keep the majority of the squad together that's a colossal boost to all

obviously you have to be careful with recruitment (Danny Wilson, prutton) but imagine actually not having to start from scratch.

agree with your assessment Bob..
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #785 on: Friday, May 20, 2022, 08:27:32 »

ugh, league 2 is a depressing sight next year. Just geographically

please let Wimbledon away be on a Saturday..
adje

Ignore
« Reply #786 on: Friday, May 20, 2022, 08:30:28 »

Arrived in good time to Vale Park, via Stafford Services where there was a good Swindon contingent stocking up on food and drink. The away end was very vocal and the stand we were in had great acoustics, reminded me of Bristol City away when we got relegated.

I thought we were slow out of the traps and Vale were fired up. They missed an open goal, we should have had a penalty for handball (I think, was at the opposite end) and then they scored. We could barely string 2 passes together and they also hit the post. We managed to stagger off the ropes and finally got a toe hold into the game. Second half was quite even but I don't recall too many clear cut chances. I felt in Extra time that we had the upper hand and I think Garner going to 3 at the back was sensible in order to get more possession and attempt to completely knacker out an already dead on their feet Vale side. Unfortunately we just couldn't create anything. In fact, I can't recall their keeper actually having to make a save until the penalties, Ward, much the busier and a key save right at the end.

Obviously pens is a lottery but at 3-1 it's a huge chance but typical that Mckirdy missed the bloody target completely. at least Davison had his saved but you felt it was only a matter of time before we lost and I was gutted for it to be Ellis, who has been so good all season, that was the one to do it. Then the inevitable pitch invasion whereby the Vale fans seemed desperate to rub it in rather than celebrate with their players. There were a few bottles thrown back and forth but thankfully the ugly scenes didn't continue outside where the Vale fans walking back to our cars seemed much more affable. I thought the atmosphere was good last night, especially in the away end.

In the end, I wasn't actually gutted. It's cliched and irritates some people but look back to where we were 2 weeks before the season started, a mess. To be able to turn things around so spectacularly on and off the field was incredible. To be a penalty kick away from the play off final.

I've heard we may be able to keep much of the squad together so if we can add good squad depth, next season is going to be a lot of fun!
It doesn't irritate me. It's a fact.Good post Bob

THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #787 on: Friday, May 20, 2022, 08:47:33 »

Ergh...

Havent read back and probably wont for a bit...

Didnt play well over both legs but got the result in the first.

Started so slowly, defo Pen for us but fuck me they missed some chances, so no real complaints at the goal they did score Offside or not.
Plenty of huff and puff in the second but could create anything.
McKirdy struggled to get into the game, Davison?....FFS...awful for me, trying to take the ball on the chest from a whipped in cross was the icing on the cake...get your swede on it fella, the cherry was the Pen.

I was at Weymouth when we didnt have a side so this has turned out to be a great season.

Poor home form and January departures fucked us.

Garners free hit has gone and we start next season properly.

End......

Clems Army!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #788 on: Friday, May 20, 2022, 09:04:37 »

Nope I am calm, whatever will be will be.

We're not going to Wemb-er-lee. Sad

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #789 on: Friday, May 20, 2022, 09:05:48 »

Most undeserving team ever to get to Wembley. And yes I am bitter. Vile cunts fans and players alike.
And don't forget the cunt of a manager too, bitter? maybe, deserved? 100% fuck em.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
AMayesIng

Ignore
« Reply #790 on: Friday, May 20, 2022, 09:19:35 »

Garner's first job today persuade Baudry to carry on for another year. The guy has been class

I think Baudry is lining up a career in Financial Advice to ex players. https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6917154762073202688/
I'd love him to stay too, but good luck to him in whatever he decides.
AMayesIng

Ignore
« Reply #791 on: Friday, May 20, 2022, 09:20:33 »

100% this.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #792 on: Friday, May 20, 2022, 09:22:34 »

And don't forget the cunt of a manager too, bitter? maybe, deserved? 100% fuck em.
Yes,what an example that idiot gave to his moronic fans

STFCBird
Ralphy's Wet Dream

C U Next Tuesday!

Ignore
« Reply #793 on: Friday, May 20, 2022, 09:23:33 »

Yes,what an example that idiot gave to his moronic fans

Yes Adje what an absolute mornonic cunt.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #794 on: Friday, May 20, 2022, 09:27:31 »

They should get done over by Mansfield at Wembley as Mansfield are much better than them at the direct stuff.

Let’s hope Clarke has a tough line ban for Wembley and a fair few of their fans get banning orders over this coming week. This last couple of weeks have been enlightening in terms of what a backward set of fans Vale have with the icing on the cake blaming our players for last nights trouble due to a couple of posts on social media. Hopefully all this will black list Vale somewhat and make it harder to sign played. Who’d want to play for a club where mobs have been seen to attack fellow professionals?! Of course it’s not all but Vale do seem to have an above average number and seems like their owner is in denial about it.
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 ... 66   Go Up
Print
Jump to: