Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 ... 66   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Port Vile v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 60294 times)
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #690 on: Thursday, May 19, 2022, 21:34:23 »

Deflated.  Well done, my team.  You did us proud.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #691 on: Thursday, May 19, 2022, 21:35:27 »

Deflated.  Well done, my team.  You did us proud.
Yes indeed

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #692 on: Thursday, May 19, 2022, 21:36:02 »

Tough pill to swallow.  Thought Town were the better side over the two games but that is football.  

We performed better then expected this season.  Hopefully Town are able to sign a couple of decent centre forward who can hold onto the ball and bring other players into the game.  I think we would have struggled next season in league 1 (unless there was a massive squad overhaul) so it maybe a blessing in disguise.

Lemis

Ignore
« Reply #693 on: Thursday, May 19, 2022, 21:36:41 »

God Vale are scum. Manager assaulting Conroy, fans assaulting players on their pitch, players spent 2 games trying to kick the shit out of us.
We weren't good enough in the first half, but we should have had a penalty at 0-0. Refereeing has been awful all season and it's typical we are at the wrong end of such a blatant decision. Better team after half time but as per much of the season, just lacked the ability to put it in the net.  
Hope Mansfield stuff them.

Have you seen the writing on the wall?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #694 on: Thursday, May 19, 2022, 21:37:23 »

Be interesting to see who stays and how much of a rebuild is needed for next season….
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #695 on: Thursday, May 19, 2022, 21:37:30 »

Harry and Josh were the two I was worried about in the shootout.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #696 on: Thursday, May 19, 2022, 21:38:30 »

Harry and Josh were the two I was worried about in the shootout.

Think we all were. Harry wasn’t in the game and Josh hasn’t controlled the ball once over the two legs
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #697 on: Thursday, May 19, 2022, 21:38:38 »

Think squad depth/injuries were the bridge too far tonight. No way Davison finishes that game if we have anyone other than Parsons on the bench. Gladwin essentially the only senior attacking player available outside the starting XI.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #698 on: Thursday, May 19, 2022, 21:44:51 »

Sorry you didn't score your pen, Harry.  It doesn't define your season.  You've been a breath of fresh air.  Please carry on.
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #699 on: Thursday, May 19, 2022, 21:45:56 »

I’m find it very difficult to understand McKirdys reaction after his penalty miss.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #700 on: Thursday, May 19, 2022, 21:46:30 »

Well piss.

2nd leg is always the most important and we didn't do enough to shut down the game on Sunday when we were in control and give ourselves a solid enough lead. Queue a lackluster first half and a performance devoid of control and pace,  unlike we've been showing all season, and it was going to be a difficult tme for us. Mckirdy was barely in the game, all the balls forward being pinged straight at Davidson whose first touch is awful for a tldefender, let alone a target man. All our play was from our middle third to their middle third, none of the excellent build up attacking positivity with our central defenders on the edge of the centre circle and our midfield pushed into their middle third, with control of the game and the ball. We only started to look better when the game became more end to end, and we had some great chances that were squandered or run into blind alleys. Vale had a bit more of the rub of the green tonight, with balls juuuust falling to their players instead of ours and the referee missing the blatant handball in the opening minutes.

When you've got a team playing like vale did on the first leg (constantly niggling at players long term injuries, don't think we didn't see them clipping williams' heels/ankles all night), and a manger aggressively squaring up to players (whether he nutted him or not), and then a pitch invasion where the away side are physically attacked, it's an ugly fucking thing to have and I think any good will that town fans had to them has evaporated quicker than the vodka on your mums tasteful Wedgewood plate.

Hope they lose to the other clogger side at Wembley and couple that with a hefty FA fine and allocation reduction that leaves them in dire straits next season. I had zero feelings about port vale but their fans and then clubs antics have made me do a full 180 from object apathy to active dislike.

Iandolo was man of the match for me tonight, despite his miss. Mckirdy should have buried it and Davidson shouldn't have been on the pitch at that point so Ellis was unlucky and is a great servant to the club.

Start of the season I would have taken a top half finish and a surviving club. We've got to the play offs and lost on sudden death pens to a team that rode their luck the whole season long.

Oh well, onwards and upwards for next year then.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #701 on: Thursday, May 19, 2022, 21:46:32 »

Think squad depth/injuries were the bridge too far tonight. No way Davison finishes that game if we have anyone other than Parsons on the bench. Gladwin essentially the only senior attacking player available outside the starting XI.
Yes. I'm surprised Davison could even stand up at the end. JML and Parsons are not really an alternative option at the moment unfortunately
« Last Edit: Thursday, May 19, 2022, 21:49:17 by adje » Logged

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #702 on: Thursday, May 19, 2022, 21:47:26 »

Sorry you didn't score your pen, Harry.  It doesn't define your season.  You've been a breath of fresh air.  Please carry on.

I suspect that was his last appearance in an STFC shirt

Nothing to see here
jonah

Ignore
« Reply #703 on: Thursday, May 19, 2022, 21:47:53 »

Sad way to finish like that - but very proud of the team this year. Thought Vale dominated us tonight and we just didn't manage to overly worry them. Thought we did well to weather the early storm and keep it at 1 - 0.

Sad, but there it is. It will make the next high even more sweet!

Wiltshire boy born and bred - long in arm thick in 'ead.......
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #704 on: Thursday, May 19, 2022, 21:48:20 »

I’m find it very difficult to understand McKirdys reaction after his penalty miss.

I’ll assume disbelief
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 ... 66   Go Up
Print
Jump to: