Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 ... 66   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Port Vile v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 60273 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #300 on: Thursday, May 19, 2022, 09:39:31 »

I absolutely hate watching on iFollow and regularly turn it off. I’ll grit me teeth, buttocks clenched and take my medicine tonight.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #301 on: Thursday, May 19, 2022, 10:03:19 »

good news, it's on sky.

presumably you'll have to find another source?
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #302 on: Thursday, May 19, 2022, 10:06:02 »

Strange comments from some of them. Not that impressed by us on Sunday so they should do us tonight, and the goals we scored were down to them and not us.  Firstly, that's the worst we have played in the last 5 games. Secondly, what does that say about Vale? Arrogance? Seems to be a lot of it from them convinced they are going to batter us.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #303 on: Thursday, May 19, 2022, 10:14:30 »

Strange comments from some of them. Not that impressed by us on Sunday so they should do us tonight, and the goals we scored were down to them and not us.  Firstly, that's the worst we have played in the last 5 games. Secondly, what does that say about Vale? Arrogance? Seems to be a lot of it from them convinced they are going to batter us.
I think both teams came away from Sunday thinking they underperformed, and it's easy to see why they'd look at that performance and think we're beatable. If they click tonight I'm sure it'll be tough and we'll need to be on it from the first minute. If we put in a proper performance we'll be ok but one mistake or dodgy penalty and they're right back in it.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #304 on: Thursday, May 19, 2022, 10:20:11 »

good news, it's on sky.

presumably you'll have to find another source?
I have Sky
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #305 on: Thursday, May 19, 2022, 10:23:56 »

Strange comments from some of them. Not that impressed by us on Sunday so they should do us tonight, and the goals we scored were down to them and not us.  Firstly, that's the worst we have played in the last 5 games. Secondly, what does that say about Vale? Arrogance? Seems to be a lot of it from them convinced they are going to batter us.

What it says about Vale is they are judging their teams ability over 47 games & judging ours based on 1 (maybe 3 if said fan also saw both league games)

The same way any home fan would judge a team they’ve seen 40 odd times against a team they’ve seen twice.

If we had lost to Vale on Sunday - we’d be saying exactly the same thing - we were poor and they capitalised on that and if we play to our best we can beat them in the second leg.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #306 on: Thursday, May 19, 2022, 10:34:29 »

Not sure why we lose sight of the fact that football supporters consider their side to be ace and usually regard their opponents with disdain.

Nothing to see here
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #307 on: Thursday, May 19, 2022, 10:40:55 »

Not sure why we lose sight of the fact that football supporters consider their side to be ace and usually regard their opponents with disdain.

I’m not sure it’s even that - but if they watch their team every week they have a true idea of how good their team can be.

It’s also L2 so I expect most teams can beat most teams when they play ‘their best’ but promotion is won by the most consistent teams.

Take ourselves as an example - at our best we could beat anyone in this league. But we don’t play our best every week. You’d probably find the fans of the top 8 or 9 teams on this division could say the same ‘at our best we could…’

I’ve no doubt Port Vale playing at their peak level of performance could turn us over & vice versa. The probability of either or both teams playing their absolute best is slim.

Like Sunday we just have to make sure we are better on the day.
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #308 on: Thursday, May 19, 2022, 10:42:45 »

Looking forward to going 50mph all the way up the M6. Hopefully see some familiar faces there COYR!

I'll go for 1-1

Cats are better than dogs FACT
cdakev

Ignore
« Reply #309 on: Thursday, May 19, 2022, 10:53:43 »

There's a lot of negativety on here !

I'm confident we will win.  2-0 to us will see you through comfortably (not the Swindon way)

See you all at Wembley !

COYR
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #310 on: Thursday, May 19, 2022, 10:56:29 »

Overcast earlier with a slight chill, light shower & now the sun is trying to poke through.

Don't mind being addressed as "me duck", but sir would be preferable.

Anyway, found Wobbly Bob on draught. This is a very good omen.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #311 on: Thursday, May 19, 2022, 11:13:04 »

I've seen people on twitter saying these two pubs will accept Town fans tonight:

The Moorland Inn (a few minutes walk from what's normally the away end)
https://www.sizzlingpubs.co.uk/findapub/eastandwestmidlands/themoorlandinnburslem#/

------

The White Horse (1 mile from the away end, parking available)
141-143 Brownhills Rd, Tunstall, Stoke-on-Trent ST6 4JU

Matty Crockett
@mattycrockett
Town fans, spoke with the owners of The White Horse Inn - 141-143 Brownhills Rd, Tunstall, ST6 4JU they are happy to allow away fans today. 12 mins walk or 5 by car.  Can park at the back of the pub or in Topps tiles over the road.  #stfc
Godd002

Go Big Red

Ignore
« Reply #312 on: Thursday, May 19, 2022, 11:25:33 »

I've seen people on twitter saying these two pubs will accept Town fans tonight:

The Moorland Inn (a few minutes walk from what's normally the away end)
https://www.sizzlingpubs.co.uk/findapub/eastandwestmidlands/themoorlandinnburslem#/

------

The White Horse (1 mile from the away end, parking available)
141-143 Brownhills Rd, Tunstall, Stoke-on-Trent ST6 4JU

Matty Crockett
if someone goes to the Moorland Inn please get the nashville nachos...I would love to know what nashville inspired seasoning tastes like  Sad Sad      When i goto nashville, it just doesnt say NACHOS to me  Cheesy
@mattycrockett
Town fans, spoke with the owners of The White Horse Inn - 141-143 Brownhills Rd, Tunstall, ST6 4JU they are happy to allow away fans today. 12 mins walk or 5 by car.  Can park at the back of the pub or in Topps tiles over the road.  #stfc
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #313 on: Thursday, May 19, 2022, 11:30:42 »

An important point raised Godd002, but your quoting skills need work!  Cheesy
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #314 on: Thursday, May 19, 2022, 11:44:48 »

An important point raised Godd002, but your quoting skills need work!  Cheesy
Sorted Wink

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 ... 66   Go Up
Print
Jump to: