Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 66   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Port Vile v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 60265 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #270 on: Thursday, May 19, 2022, 07:17:41 »

Vale fans got their panties in a twist again about our ‘arrogance’. Quoting Conroy saying we’re better footballers than them, don’t  need to use elbows etc.

Personally, I think confidence is a good thing. Doesn’t always turn out well, but you can’t go into a game thinking you’re going to get beat.
Lardy Cake

Ignore
« Reply #271 on: Thursday, May 19, 2022, 07:20:51 »

Spent many years living in Staffordshire and must say Burslem can offer some of the best Oatcakes and Ale in this part of the world. Unfortunately most places selling Oatcakes close at 1pm and the Titanic Brewery shop at 5pm !!! However, I have a good feeling about tonight and 1 - 1 (Barry) will see us go through. As they say in Stoke "Good luck me ducks" to all those travelling up.

"Still to find and still to follow. Joy in every hill and hollow. Company in solitude".
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #272 on: Thursday, May 19, 2022, 07:21:06 »

If we go one nil up, I would be tempted to take McKirdy off to rest. Not long back from injury, and can imagine him being a 'target' tonight.

We shouldn’t be making subs like that unless we are out of sight.
Imagine taking McKirdy off then being in a position where we need a goal. We saw how impotent we were in front of goal when he was out injured.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #273 on: Thursday, May 19, 2022, 07:33:45 »

If we go one nil up, I would be tempted to take McKirdy off to rest. Not long back from injury, and can imagine him being a 'target' tonight.

Wishful thinking, I’d maybe take him off f, if we score two without reply but no sooner than 70 minutes. Of course the flip side is if we go a goal down, it’s game on and we have no choice but to keep him on irrespective of the treatment he gets from their players and fans. I just hope Garner has all their heads in the right frame of mind to ride out the storm ahead. They will I’m sure try to bully us physically.
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #274 on: Thursday, May 19, 2022, 07:40:10 »

I was at Walsall and was ok with the initial invasion. But when they cleared the pitch so the players cud walk round and applaud etc, when they got to about 2/3 of the way along the long stand, people just invaded and mobbed them, so they cudnt finish off applauding the remaining 1/3 plus the behind goal stand. That was f---d up really, and I could see some of the players were not happy with that.

Agree, first was fine. After everything we’ve had last season and pre season- were aloud some kinda joy. Second was just stupidness, Mildy telling them to fuck off and rightly so.
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: Thursday, May 19, 2022, 07:41:46 »

I was castigated by some TEF posters for my criticism of the pitch invasion at Walsall.
I remain of the view that fans should not come on to the pitch, and events At some play off games this week have done nothing to change my view (they probably suggest I’m right). The players of both sides deserve the opportunity to show respect for the opposition, to acknowledge the support of their fans, and in the case of the winners to celebrate victory on the pitch and without the fear of assault from idiots invading the pitch.
Fans’ should stay off the pitch and behind the barriers to enable that to happen, and in the case of the winners to enjoy their players celebrating in front of them.

Couldn’t disagree more. If you’ve got to final or promotion, you run on that pitch and you celebrate it with those players and the thousands of other fans on pitch. Every club in world that can do it, will do it. One prick head butting Billy sharp doesn’t mean nobody can run on a pitch.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #276 on: Thursday, May 19, 2022, 07:48:29 »

Can you imagine if Vale get to Wembley. Their thread on ticket sales will be massive  Smiley
I think most Swindon fans aren't arrogant, I don't know which way the tie will go tonight, like most of us. I do think Vale could twin with Rovers in respect of supporters.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #277 on: Thursday, May 19, 2022, 07:51:37 »

If you’ve got to final or promotion, you run on that pitch

These are different things though right? A playoff semi-final win is a job half done, it means nothing if you lose at Wembley (as we know!).

As for complaints about the PV fanbase, just imagine what you'd think of the Swindon one from the outside if you looked in the wrong place (the FB group, certain corners of Twitter). Most football fans are pretty sound, every club has a sizeable minority of delusional cretins. Port Vale aren't a bad team and I wish them all the luck in the world after tonight.

Not too nervous yet, but suspect I'll be an absolute wreck by 8pm. A repeat of the Walsall game where we were comfortable from 3 minutes in would be great, but I can't see it!
« Last Edit: Thursday, May 19, 2022, 07:55:19 by Nemo » Logged
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #278 on: Thursday, May 19, 2022, 07:52:49 »

I’m confident we’ll win. Doesn’t mean that we actually will. I’d imagine a lot of Garner’s psych with the players is telling them they’re better than the opposition.
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #279 on: Thursday, May 19, 2022, 08:00:27 »

Port Vale RFC  Cheesy
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #280 on: Thursday, May 19, 2022, 08:12:08 »

Good luck to all who managed to get one of the few tickets today, safe travels, I wish I was going too.

As for the game, we know we are better away than at home, we played our poorest in the home game than we have in the last 5 games yet still won.

McKirdys on fire....their defence is terrified.....McKirdys on fire....

Not overly nervous yet but I am sure I will be come KO, we are doing amazing this season just to be in the Play Offs after having virtually no players at the start of the season and being favourites for relegation.

No matter what the outcome its been a great season.

Come on you mighty fucking reds!!!!

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #281 on: Thursday, May 19, 2022, 08:19:03 »

Of our last 19 games against Vale we have won 13. Still think it counts for nothing in a game like this.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #282 on: Thursday, May 19, 2022, 08:19:24 »

Good luck to all who managed to get one of the few tickets today, safe travels, I wish I was going too.

As for the game, we know we are better away than at home, we played our poorest in the home game than we have in the last 5 games yet still won.

McKirdys on fire....their defence is terrified.....McKirdys on fire....

Not overly nervous yet but I am sure I will be come KO, we are doing amazing this season just to be in the Play Offs after having virtually no players at the start of the season and being favourites for relegation.

No matter what the outcome its been a great season.

Come on you mighty fucking reds!!!!

Wot he said!

And can we please stop obsessing on this thread about them being obsessive about us!

Up the Robins!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #283 on: Thursday, May 19, 2022, 08:40:49 »

I’m convinced we’ll concede early and go onto lose the game.

Too much crap about attendances and style of football - two things in football that count for exactly fuck all once the whistle blows and the game starts.

Certain sections of our support have spent the last couple of weeks digging a massive grave and I can’t help but think karma will mean we will all have to lie in that grave later on tonight….
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #284 on: Thursday, May 19, 2022, 08:42:16 »

I’m convinced we’ll concede early and go onto lose the game.

Too much crap about attendances and style of football - two things in football that count for exactly fuck all once the whistle blows and the game starts.

Certain sections of our support have spent the last couple of weeks digging a massive grave and I can’t help but think karma will mean we will all have to lie in that grave later on tonight….

Unfortunately this is exactly my thoughts too.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 66   Go Up
Print
Jump to: