Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 66   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Port Vile v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 60283 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2022, 09:53:48 »

Remember last game of the season at Stoke in the Ossie season. We Drew 1-1 to qualify for the POs. Stoke fans on the pitch that day.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2022, 09:56:18 »

Anyone know if the away end will be accessible via Hamil Road or will we have to detour along the lane at the back? Ta.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #197 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2022, 09:58:09 »

There have been more than a few comments on the Vale forum about a certain Swindon player, some hoping he gets injured and some more complimentary. This is a recent post:  Smiley

Hello admin,any chance you could make a separate thread for those who want to comment on a certain horrible opposition player ? Then we can just post on here about the Vale and Thursday night,cheers.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
The Million Pound Man

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2022, 09:58:43 »

Haywood Academy parking is from 5pm onwards- confirmed with the parking company.

Understand from PVPolice twitter Dimensions is from 4pm.... incredible planning to tell Town fans to park here 3-4 hours ahead of kick off and offer nowhere to go pre-match.  Hmmm

Also seen a lot of comments from PV fans about the time it takes to get into the Bycars Stand.... only 1 turnstile apparently... allow yourself plenty of time not to miss ko.

Below pub confirmed on the phone they will be allowing away fans, bit closer than Newcastle-under-Lyme.

https://www.sizzlingpubs.co.uk/findapub/eastandwestmidlands/themoorlandinnburslem#/

UTFR
« Last Edit: Wednesday, May 18, 2022, 10:05:29 by The Million Pound Man » Logged
AMayesIng

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2022, 10:23:37 »

Not much to it? Billy Sharp was assaulted, knocked to the ground and needed stitches.
Disgraceful. Even in the bad old days of football aggro I don't remember players getting whacked (maybe coz we were all behind fences, dunno).
I've said it before; but there's definitely something in the air post COVID; seems like trouble is on the rise again. Nowhere near as bad as it was, but dont want to go back there.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2022, 10:24:05 »

Anyone know if the away end will be accessible via Hamil Road or will we have to detour along the lane at the back? Ta.
This is info for the Vale fans

https://www.port-vale.co.uk/news/2022/may/important-information-for-port-vale-supporters-ahead-of-play-offs-second-leg-fixture-against-swindon-town-may-19/
Peter Venkman

« Reply #201 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2022, 10:27:16 »

And some pre game comments, they really have taken to us as fans and a club.

I listened to the swindon equivalent of ale & the vale today as was interested in how swindon fans see it.

Was pretty condisending stuff tbh, saying that they were going to send us a certificate from their local agricultural colleague due to our style of play. In fairness they did then go on to say we were hard but not dirty, and that swindon are overly snide with gamesmanship.

Thought it was interesting how they did think our midfield nullified theirs. They also went on a big old bit about flitcroft and his swindon team being solid/pragmatic with little flair which they think is basically the vale blueprint.

Ultimately I got the feeling that they think they are at wembley. Kind of an arrogance / dismissive undertone to it all.

The fact of the matter is we didnt play great in the first leg. It leads me to think that maybe they might underestimate us.

---------------------------------------------

Just watching 1000s of Forest fans on the pitch. Just hope Swindon fans stay off the pitch should they go through on Thursday.

Turn the sprinklers on.

They come across as a really cocky club and the comments from their side do suggest they think job done. Maybe it is… but we’ve got to make sure we use those comments as huge motivation to try and turn it around. We finished above them so it’s hardly like we are not capable of getting a result is it.

Strange strange club… their comments on twitter and stuff. Really bizarre set of fans.

----------------------------------------------

It's called delusions of grandeur.

The entitled.

----------------------------------------------

We need to be faster to the ball, quicker to close them down, and make sure we cut their pace as they are much faster and slick, the crowd needs to intimidate the girly ponytailed egotist each time he receives the ball, and ensure he's close marked and never given chance to move more than two feet, otherwise it don't bear thinking about cus they ain't no pushover, there's to much at stake

-----------------------------------------------

Their manager, fans and players definitely have a whiff of arrogance about them. I'm convinced that they think they've done enough. Get them panicking and all this 'Man City of league 2' stuff will go out of the window. Even their better players are still league 2 players, so apply pressure and we have a chance.

-----------------------------------------------

However I think on the day we are the most dangerous side to be facing we have enough quality absolutely thrash them unfortunately lately bar Exeter we have been very slack at the back and before we know it have found ourselves with a mountain to climb due to poor play .

------------------------------------------------

‘Show Pony’s’ footballing ability was not the reason he was let go from Vale and let’s make that perfectly clear, he didn’t leave we let him go .
He has arrogance issues, he doesn’t have the human criteria required to be employed at the Vale . Basically he doesn’t fit in, he’s a ‘non conformist’, pretty much like the ‘naughty kid in class’ , difficult to handle unless you’re prepared to put up with his antics which obviously Swindon are however quite a few others haven’t been .

Will be interesting to see how or not his career goes after this season .

-------------------------------------------------

Swindon are confident, and have every reason to be. They have a superb away record and a style of play that suits this sort of game; they have a lot of pace on the counter, and when needed can kill games through possession and going down easily. It's very effective. I do find some of the Vale fans obsession with their playacting a tad hypocritical considering we've been awful for it all season. Remember Lucas' weekly hamstring tears? It's football lads. Calm down.

Everyone seems obsessed with McKirdy, and he must appear in over 50% of this thread's posts. He's completely wound up most Vale fans, and he'll be delighted. Every touch will be booed and the fans, instead of chanting about Vale, will probably devote most chants to that dreadful "Vale boys, on a bender..." chant. Give him ammunition and he'll punish us. Half the lads on here are doing deep psychological analyses, wishing him genuine injury, deep-diving on the reasons he was released, or banging on about him spitting. If you're that emotionally incontinent that you can't handle a young lad doing a daft machine-gun celebration, having silly hair, and being quite good at football, then seek help. He's got you on strings at present. He played 8 games ffs, move on!

----------------------------------------------------

So already their manager is putting pressure on the officials and trying to influence the game.

I can't remember Andy Crosby ever talking about the refs. Hopefully football will do the talking.

All last season,we had 1 more booking than Swindle.....

And clamp down on the diving and play acting.

-----------------------------------------------------

They also over-acted/dived a fair bit. I definitely don't think the ref was overly-poor for either side. He certainly had very little to do with the result.

I think Mckirdy was like a five year old and trying to wind up Connor Hall and tge ref should have had a strong word with him: luckily Hall is more of a strong personality than the squirt is but we have to be very careful that it doesn’t start again on Thursday?

I cringe when I see those posts about McKirdy. I was rooting for him when he played for Vale, I remember watching him against Mansfield, last game of the season last year and I got the impression he knew he was on his way out, Clarke has no patience for liabilities and he would never have flourished under him.

The whinging about his celebrations and wanting to injure him are pathetic. We need to focus on our own players rather than theirs. If they sense it is winding you up they will do it even more. We are still in this tie and anything can happen.

If he's arrogant then he's found a club where he belongs...same as the supporters

ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2022, 10:42:54 »

They've taken this whole ticket thing really badly haven't they?

1st leg kick up a fuss about tickets so get moved to SB to accommodate more fans, only sell 1,600 and end up getting wet, which they also complain about.

2nd pointlessly move fans around the ground because they again think they need the tickets.

Calling us arrogant and having delusions of grandeur, but we actually did want and need the extra tickets. They called on a dick waving contest and pulled out a little pecker.

One of them was sarcastically calling it our 'cup final' the other day. Talking about condescending down to being delusional. Its their first play off for 29 years.

Really hope we stuff them tomorrow and see the back of them. Shit pointless club.
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2022, 10:48:40 »

Oh I do hope that their fans spend the game booing and trying to wind up Harry Mc. He'll bloody love it!

..never go back.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #204 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2022, 10:53:56 »

Oh I do hope that their fans spend the game booing and trying to wind up Harry Mc. He'll bloody love it!
Like in the away game when he ran rings around them and scored 1 and won us a penalty with the karate kick on McKirdy getting the keeper sent off.

He loved it that day.

Freddies Ferret 2.0

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2022, 11:06:54 »

Im finding the port vale fans unbareable. That Ale and Vale podcast previewing the match is hillarious. Such a chip on their shoulder and Mckirdy living rent free in their heads
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2022, 11:10:51 »

Im finding the port vale fans unbareable. That Ale and Vale podcast previewing the match is hillarious. Such a chip on their shoulder and Mckirdy living rent free in their heads
The reference to the Loathed Strangers podcast being condescending is odd... there was quite a balanced chat about Vale being a different type of team to us but equally effective in L2.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2022, 11:12:39 »

Haywood Academy parking is from 5pm onwards- confirmed with the parking company.

Understand from PVPolice twitter Dimensions is from 4pm.... incredible planning to tell Town fans to park here 3-4 hours ahead of kick off and offer nowhere to go pre-match.  Hmmm

Also seen a lot of comments from PV fans about the time it takes to get into the Bycars Stand.... only 1 turnstile apparently... allow yourself plenty of time not to miss ko.

Below pub confirmed on the phone they will be allowing away fans, bit closer than Newcastle-under-Lyme.

https://www.sizzlingpubs.co.uk/findapub/eastandwestmidlands/themoorlandinnburslem#/

UTFR

Nice find, thanks! The only potential issue is the location of that pub is kind of the opposite end to where we'll be housed so we'll be walking against Vale fans going towards the ground but I assume as long as people are sensible there should be no issues.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Freddies Ferret 2.0

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2022, 11:13:10 »

Listening to it makes you realise how lucky we are to have Rich and the team doing the Loathed strangers.
I really hope we smash them tomorrow so we can forget them and move on.
The Million Pound Man

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2022, 11:23:05 »

Nice find, thanks! The only potential issue is the location of that pub is kind of the opposite end to where we'll be housed so we'll be walking against Vale fans going towards the ground but I assume as long as people are sensible there should be no issues.

to quote the man of the moment HM.... 'you sound like a pussy, geezer'  Cheesy

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 66   Go Up
Print
Jump to: