Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Alex Revell on loan????  (Read 16339 times)
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Wednesday, September 2, 2009, 16:46:43 »

They took it last season.

Yes, I know, Leeds got it twice. It does seem a little inconsistent.

Stockport was inconsistent (should have been given the deduction this season as it didn't affect them last season) but Leeds wasn't - the first points deduction was for going in to administration and the second for not coming out of administration in the correct way (a CVA). A number of other clubs have been hit by the double points deduction, the second one is solely at the discretion of the Football League and is offered as an alternative to being kicked out the league permanently.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Wednesday, September 2, 2009, 16:51:02 »

Stockport was inconsistent (should have been given the deduction this season as it didn't affect them last season) but Leeds wasn't - the first points deduction was for going in to administration and the second for not coming out of administration in the correct way (a CVA). A number of other clubs have been hit by the double points deduction, the second one is solely at the discretion of the Football League and is offered as an alternative to being kicked out the league permanently.
Wasn't there some hidden small-print type clause that allowed Stockport to get away with taking the penalty last year? I can't remember what the reasoning was
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Wednesday, September 2, 2009, 17:10:48 »

Stockport got their penalty last season because, mathematically, they could still go down when 10 points were deducted.

The sequence of results that would have seen them go down was ridiculous, but it was possible.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Wednesday, September 2, 2009, 17:53:15 »

Stockport got their penalty last season because, mathematically, they could still go down when 10 points were deducted.

The sequence of results that would have seen them go down was ridiculous, but it was possible.

I think they had a much more positive goal difference as well

Spencer_White

« Reply #109 on: Wednesday, September 2, 2009, 18:08:28 »

They need a new board there.

Why should anyone be concerned about a £650,000 winding up order due in october?

For fucks sake, even I am worried for them reading that article. What a twat.

Another club who cannot afford a new ground, and should never have sold their old one.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Wednesday, September 2, 2009, 19:29:35 »

Apparently Revell has been removed from the squad list on their Official site. Like they have said on their forum, it probably means nothing but Loaned out players are normally still included in their parent club's squad list are they not?
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Thursday, September 3, 2009, 15:01:14 »

It must have been a strange feeling though for Revell playing against us on the Sat knowing he was likely to be moving here on the Monday
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Thursday, September 3, 2009, 15:02:46 »

I think the chances of him knowing were slim
Spencer_White

« Reply #113 on: Thursday, September 3, 2009, 17:37:50 »

I wouldnt have a problem with it anyway.

Same with players who come on loan, they should always be allowed to play against their parent teams. Remmember footballers are pretty simple. They dont think about double entendre's on the pitch. Paul Gascoigne, on the pitch one of the best ever football brains, off it......?
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Thursday, September 3, 2009, 17:41:58 »

I think the chances of him knowing were slim
I think he said he did know on the interview on the O.S
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #115 on: Monday, January 4, 2010, 08:29:37 »

Revell is leaving according to today's adver which is no surprise given the fact he has not played in a month.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Monday, January 4, 2010, 13:47:57 »

I'm sure he will be welcomed back with open arms by the Southend Chief Exec as well
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: