Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Town boss clarification tomorrow  (Read 3797 times)
News Monkey

« on: Thursday, May 19, 2011, 09:00:05 »

Town boss clarification tomorrow

Swindon Town are expected to make an announcement tomorrow to clarify the club's situation regarding the appointment of a new manager.

http://www.thisisswindontownfc.co.uk/news/headlines/9036538.Town_boss_clarification_tomorrow/?ref=rss

tj2002

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, May 19, 2011, 09:08:33 »

The return of the Friday afternoon press conference!!!!
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, May 19, 2011, 09:27:59 »

The announcement is that they have nothing to announce!  Talks continuing, will let you know more when they know it!

Good god, it had better not be, talks have broken down and the process is to start again!!!!!!

So ............................

Do peeps think the club should be congratulated on how they have managed to keeps the name of the mystery man largely under wraps or should we berate the adver for just being shit?
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, May 19, 2011, 09:35:55 »

The club have done well to keep it under wraps, and I have to say have created a real buzz and excitement about the appointment.

The Adver although having no information from the club to report haven't excatly given the impression they have done much investigative journalism this week, as the last weeks stories have been either copied from other newspapers, twitter or the TEF or just changing the odd word and reposting their own stories.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #4 on: Thursday, May 19, 2011, 10:15:41 »

The adver have no excuses. They are supposed to be a professional media company

Off the top off my head.

A quirky, tongue in cheek piece on how they are not being told anything.
An Autopsy on what happened last season
Something on some of the clubs we'll be visiting next season
A piece on the the Oxford rivalry
Something on the board members.

Just a few things they could knock up 500 - 1,000 words on instead if sitting about complaining they aren't being told anything. I'm not a journo but I could do much much better, those cunts can't even spell half the time.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, May 19, 2011, 10:21:21 »

should we berate the adver for just being shit?
Berating the Adver for being shit, is like having a go at cows for mooing and chewing grass. It's what they do. You may or may not like it but the cows will just keep on mooing and chewing grass.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, May 19, 2011, 10:29:14 »

Berating the Adver for being shit, is like having a go at cows for mooing and chewing grass. It's what they do. You may or may not like it but the cows will just keep on mooing and chewing grass.

Not the mad ones, they go skateboarding and joyriding and abuse passer by.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, May 19, 2011, 10:46:50 »

Not the mad ones, they go skateboarding and joyriding and abuse passer by.
Think that was just Barnyard actually. Which is more of an amusing children's animation than a reliable guide to actual real-life bovine behaviour. Tho at a pinch I'd still take it over the Adver.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #8 on: Thursday, May 19, 2011, 10:53:30 »

Stop your nonsense pauld

Cows love surfing down hillsides and playing the banjo, the Barnyard was an accurate depiction of the everyday life of farm animals.

The sheltered life some people lead.

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, May 19, 2011, 11:07:56 »

I'm just a townie at heart
iffy

« Reply #10 on: Thursday, May 19, 2011, 11:28:45 »

It must be possible to hack into the Adver, Wargames/PlaystationNetwork style, and just write our own copy and print it in the paper.
flammableBen

« Reply #11 on: Thursday, May 19, 2011, 11:55:16 »

The adver have no excuses. They are supposed to be a professional media company

Off the top off my head.

A quirky, tongue in cheek piece on how they are not being told anything.
An Autopsy on what happened last season
Something on some of the clubs we'll be visiting next season
A piece on the the Oxford rivalry
Something on the board members.

Just a few things they could knock up 500 - 1,000 words on instead if sitting about complaining they aren't being told anything. I'm not a journo but I could do much much better, those babes can't even spell half the time.

Haven't they done the first three?
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #12 on: Thursday, May 19, 2011, 12:01:56 »

Haven't they done the first three?

Maybe

Still leaves another two though, not to mention the others I could probably think up if I was being paid to do so.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, May 19, 2011, 12:22:38 »

I suppose the problem with the adver journo's is that they don't seem to hang around long enough so do not end up getting any sort of rapport going with the club as they are constantly changing jobs so they are not trusted with any tipes in which they can go of and do some digging of their own.

It is just lazy journalism by the adver re-printing stories from fan sites or twitter it saves them doing any work.

The one for me is Sean Hodgetts @ RS he always seems to get the interviews with the board, managers etc as he is respected by the club as he has been around for years and knows the history of the club
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #14 on: Thursday, May 19, 2011, 12:24:18 »

I been going longer than any of the fuckers and they don't talk to me.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: