Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Gills Scum  (Read 3413 times)
millom red

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Sunday, June 17, 2007, 03:58:02 »

Quote from: "StefPol"
Great news for Swindon.  He was the main reason why we got relegated, and hopefully his shitness will be passed onto Gillingham in their daily training routines

Thats a bit harsh....i wish him well.

f it dont need fixing....dont fuckin break it

Await The Day
Rich Pullen

« Reply #31 on: Sunday, June 17, 2007, 10:20:09 »

Quote from: "tans"
chris mcphee

and had Iffy stayed McPhee would have stayed too! Along with the arrival of oap Michael Meaker (possibly)  :|

Onuora was a poor manager... but he hardly had the tools to give himself a fair chance to prove this wasn't the case.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Sunday, June 17, 2007, 13:08:55 »

Iffy was fucking crap, clueless, it was like watching scenes from t"he office" sitting behind the dug out in the Arkells watching, cringing at Iffy's total lack of creativity, tactics and general management skills.

And who gives a shit if he brought Peacock to the club, fair enough LP has done ok since joining but he's hardly a legendary figure, he's a goal shy battler that's all.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #33 on: Sunday, June 17, 2007, 13:18:06 »

I do think Kingy would have kept the side in league 1 and Iffy didn't cut the mustard, but the playing squad was clearly to blame and getting in any decent players for the budget we must have had would have been impossible.

Not ot mention the whole Ron Atkinson fiasco that he had to deal with and I wouldn't mind betting he had to do as he was told behind the scenes with most matters.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Sunday, June 17, 2007, 14:12:33 »

The way Iffy interacted with the players meant he was never gonna get us out of trouble.  Being mates with the players is not the way to manage - by that I mean going out on the piss with the players after a defeat on a Saturday is not the best way of gaining respect.
glos_robin

« Reply #35 on: Sunday, June 17, 2007, 14:54:37 »

Quote from: "simon pieman"
I do think Kingy would have kept the side in league 1 and Iffy didn't cut the mustard, but the playing squad was clearly to blame and getting in any decent players for the budget we must have had would have been impossible.

Not ot mention the whole Ron Atkinson fiasco that he had to deal with and I wouldn't mind betting he had to do as he was told behind the scenes with most matters.

We'd lost 7 in a row and hadn't even looked like gettin a point though, King had assembled a mare of a team including loan players, if he'd stayed in charge personally I think we'd of been down by Christmas and he's of alienated another few thousand of our fans. Don't forget he also had gowt for the last few weeks so wasn't even attending many training sessions
Spencer_White

« Reply #36 on: Sunday, June 17, 2007, 17:19:11 »

Quote from: "janaage"
The way Iffy interacted with the players meant he was never gonna get us out of trouble.  Being mates with the players is not the way to manage - by that I mean going out on the piss with the players after a defeat on a Saturday is not the best way of gaining respect.

Exactly. Iffy had zero clout. He was a complete walkover.

While that team was pretty rubbish, they shouldnt have been relegated, and that was because they was never any rollickings for half arsed performances. Half arsed training.

Please to God we never appoint another back room coach as manager. Sheer stupidity/custcotting hiring him in the first place.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: