Pages: 1 ... 234 235 236 [237] 238 239 240 ... 263   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lee Power  (Read 544684 times)
ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #3540 on: Tuesday, July 20, 2021, 11:20:39 »

The fit and proper persons test at Wigan last season set precedent for this and took an absolute age. Seems to be when the takeover is from outside the UK it adds quite a chunk to the timeframe, think our favourite friend Nixon mentioned that a few weeks back.
pantomime dame

Ignore
« Reply #3541 on: Tuesday, July 20, 2021, 11:22:26 »

Whether Clem gets control of the club,today, tomorrow  or next week is immaterial.
We are not going g to be able to compete this season. The best we can hope for is to be a viable company/football club by the start of next season.
Then, aim to get back into the league.
Who knows, in five years time we could be a third division side again.
I'm not  trying to troll anybody, just add a bit of perspective to this thread. Days don't matter, weeks don't matter. Start looking long term

Woke is the revenge of the mediocre
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #3542 on: Tuesday, July 20, 2021, 11:24:45 »

I think we’d all have some sympathy with the EFL we’re it not for the fact they seem to let people take over clubs who clearly should not be allowed to, and then go slow at precisely the moment that you need a decision.

No sympathy with them at all,   lazy fuckers,  just need to get off their asses and press a few buttons.  If questions need answering just ask them,
Surely it can't be that difficult ??.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Flashheart

« Reply #3543 on: Tuesday, July 20, 2021, 11:34:11 »

I don't see how they can be accused of being lazy when we don't know exactly what the process is and what is left to be done.   It might even be out of their hands by now.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #3544 on: Tuesday, July 20, 2021, 11:35:40 »

The fit and proper persons test at Wigan last season set precedent for this and took an absolute age. Seems to be when the takeover is from outside the UK it adds quite a chunk to the timeframe, think our favourite friend Nixon mentioned that a few weeks back.

I was looking at the Wigan takeover this morning. The new owner is from Bahrain and as you say an outside UK takeover takes longer than inside.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #3545 on: Tuesday, July 20, 2021, 11:36:13 »

I don't see how they can be accused of being lazy when we don't know exactly what the process is and what is left to be done.   It might even be out of their hands by now.

...and if Clem turns out to be another Power and we are in the same situation in a few years we’ll be crying bloody murder as to why the EFL approved it in the first place and how they didn’t do enough research / due diligence
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3546 on: Tuesday, July 20, 2021, 11:51:52 »

1.5 weeks to go. so fucked in the pitch
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #3547 on: Tuesday, July 20, 2021, 11:54:02 »

...and if Clem turns out to be another Power and we are in the same situation in a few years we’ll be crying bloody murder as to why the EFL approved it in the first place and how they didn’t do enough research / due diligence

There's a running theme with your posts, DV... I can understand the hesitancy but given the lack of any real evidence to base the doom and gloom on, there's an equal chance he's the best fucking thing to happen to this club and within five years we'll be in the Premier League sticking six past Arsenal. Keep the faith.

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #3548 on: Tuesday, July 20, 2021, 11:55:49 »

1.5 weeks to go. so fucked in the pitch

I might be totally wrong, but I believe Hartlepool aren't in that much of a better situation than us player wise. Yes they have staff and a management team but on the pitch I don't think they have that many more senior players than we have.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #3549 on: Tuesday, July 20, 2021, 11:57:32 »

no, he can slum it like the rest of us ...ripper

That’s not a very nice welcome for Clem…
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #3550 on: Tuesday, July 20, 2021, 11:59:13 »

There's a running theme with your posts, DV... I can understand the hesitancy but given the lack of any real evidence to base the doom and gloom on, there's an equal chance he's the best fucking thing to happen to this club and within five years we'll be in the Premier League sticking six past Arsenal. Keep the faith.

Which running theme is that?

I get what you’ve said ...but...my point was regardless of what Clem is or is not or may or may not be - the EFL approval will take time.

As we’ve experienced ourselves (and are right now with Power) a quick sale to get rid of an owner we don’t want is likely to not work out. If the EFL has been this thorough when Power took over - he might have been refused and none of this would ever have happened!

I’d rather the EFL take their time so we and everyone knows Clem is legit rather than the EFL rush it through and we get stung again.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #3551 on: Tuesday, July 20, 2021, 12:01:03 »

From the trust on twitter:

We've heard no official news as of yet, we will posted as soon as we hear. Morfuni definitely WON'T be at the Supermarine game tonigh, as isn't in the country and won't be able travel outside of Australia until 2022
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #3552 on: Tuesday, July 20, 2021, 12:02:07 »

...obviously above I’ve made the assumption that the EFL delay is due to them actually doing *things* rather than just playing Angry Birds instead of working.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #3553 on: Tuesday, July 20, 2021, 12:03:11 »

From the trust on twitter:

We've heard no official news as of yet, we will posted as soon as we hear. Morfuni definitely WON'T be at the Supermarine game tonigh, as isn't in the country and won't be able travel outside of Australia until 2022

Poor old Clem, he may never get to see his club in anything other than non league.....
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #3554 on: Tuesday, July 20, 2021, 12:04:10 »

Indeed, human beings are nothing it not fickle, see also the penalty against Denmark and Hamilton v. Verstappen over the weekend.
Pages: 1 ... 234 235 236 [237] 238 239 240 ... 263   Go Up
Print
Jump to: