Pages: 1 ... 846 847 848 [849] 850 851 852 ... 869   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1288635 times)
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #12720 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2024, 13:14:13 »

I concur. Just got back from the year 2076. We’ve just lost 1-3 at home to Royal Wootton Bassett in our local non league derby. Meanwhile the club have released ambitious plans to put a roof on Stratton Bank. The ongoing feud with Puma finally ends when they agree to repair the sign above the club shop. Don Rogers Statue cuts a sorry state as it’s half submerged in the lake outside the club shop. A depressing end of season game but current owner Jason Ranford claimed in his program notes they have learnt a lesson and the club will do business a lot earlier in the transfer window. The Trust are busy raising funds to repair leaking pipes in all the toilets in The Clemente Morfuni Stand, formerly known as The Arkells Stand.

Good to see something has progressed.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #12721 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2024, 19:27:15 »

As a big Caddis fan, I keep an eye on Hereford.

Have a look at their Twitter feed to see how they are driving revenue and engagement in the off season and then contrast it with what Tumbleweed FC are currently doing. It is night and day.

https://twitter.com/HerefordFC

Even got a decent season ticket video:

This stuff is not hard and costs peanuts.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, May 7, 2024, 19:36:19 by Mooneyraker » Logged
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #12722 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2024, 19:45:05 »

As a big Caddis fan, I keep an eye on Hereford.

Have a look at their Twitter feed to see how they are driving revenue and engagement in the off season and then contrast it with what Tumbleweed FC are currently doing. It is night and day.

https://twitter.com/HerefordFC

Even got a decent season ticket video:

This stuff is not hard and costs peanuts.

I was in Hereford today. Didn’t see the mighty P C today.
RWB Robin

Ignore
« Reply #12723 on: Wednesday, May 8, 2024, 08:47:47 »

Hereford is a club that has been through really tough times (not unconnected with the infamous Jed), but who have, as one, come together in determination to win back what was lost. They are not spending huge sums, though I'm sure Paul C doesn’t come for free); rather they have invested wisely in the right people for what they need to achieve. They will get back where they belong - at least National League, if not League 2. We have lots of links with them....we should look and learn.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #12724 on: Wednesday, May 8, 2024, 09:24:44 »

The time is not right for Caddis for the club or the man himself.

We need a more experienced manager IMO and he needs to get some more experience as a manager.

I would not rule him out in the future though if he progresses.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #12725 on: Wednesday, May 8, 2024, 10:11:32 »

Club promoting the early bird on FB.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #12726 on: Wednesday, May 8, 2024, 10:22:25 »

Club promoting the early bird on FB.

25 negative comments out of 28.

The other three aren't positive comments, they're just betting spambots.

I know social media is often loud but they really can't be flying off the shelves.
Hyabb17

Ignore
« Reply #12727 on: Wednesday, May 8, 2024, 10:26:29 »

Playing devils advocate here, perhaps a management announcement is imminent or is that naive of me?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #12728 on: Wednesday, May 8, 2024, 10:44:01 »

I know social media is often loud but they really can't be flying off the shelves.

If it wasn't for the logistics of our lot moving back to the DRS (thank fook) I wouldn't renew until the last minute either.
ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #12729 on: Wednesday, May 8, 2024, 13:04:24 »

Wycombe acquired by a Kazakh billionaire last week.
Dagenham and Redbridge acquired by a NY based multi club ownership.
Burton subject to interest from the same Scandinavian consortium who were exploring Shrewsbury.

The market seems to show no signs of slowing down
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #12730 on: Wednesday, May 8, 2024, 13:42:22 »

Wycombe acquired by a Kazakh billionaire last week.
Dagenham and Redbridge acquired by a NY based multi club ownership.
Burton subject to interest from the same Scandinavian consortium who were exploring Shrewsbury.

The market seems to show no signs of slowing down

It shows there is interest in FL clubs - whether they are the good guys who knows, all that can be done is the correct due diligence (look at Reading)  - but it shows there is interest and surely we must be seen as somewhat of an attractive club with our location, history and debt levels, but Clem seemingly does not want to sell
Kent_Red

Ignore
« Reply #12731 on: Wednesday, May 8, 2024, 14:49:37 »

It could well be that he does want to sell but needs a certain value/price to cover his investment to date.  He's clearly got liquidity issues across his group of companies and is being pursued by creditors so probably needs to get as much out as he can.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #12732 on: Wednesday, May 8, 2024, 14:58:23 »

Well, even if he can't receive his ideal valuation now, even he should realise that it will be worth far less next season with a lower customer base, and potentially a loss of a EFL place. He needs to cut his losses and run and do the right thing by selling to somebody credible (ideally not anybody with a criminal past - it's a low threshold). If he does that, we might all be capable of  some revisionism and might thank him for it.
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #12733 on: Wednesday, May 8, 2024, 17:09:17 »

Well, even if he can't receive his ideal valuation now, even he should realise that it will be worth far less next season with a lower customer base, and potentially a loss of a EFL place. He needs to cut his losses and run and do the right thing by selling to somebody credible (ideally not anybody with a criminal past - it's a low threshold). If he does that, we might all be capable of  some revisionism and might thank him for it.

Some one with a criminal past wouldn't pass the fit and proper test?
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #12734 on: Wednesday, May 8, 2024, 17:21:56 »

Some one with a criminal past wouldn't pass the fit and proper test?

I think we've been around this block. It's a good thing the test does not apply to "matchday guests" and "fitness consultants". 
Pages: 1 ... 846 847 848 [849] 850 851 852 ... 869   Go Up
Print
Jump to: