Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: you are the ref...  (Read 3080 times)
jimbob

Ignore
« on: Thursday, September 24, 2009, 21:44:39 »

right then, the offside rule...

played in a 11 aside game last night and 0-0 after 20 mins then ball is knocked over our left backs head (by none other than Gary Parker(name drop sorry), who incidentally I wanted Swindon to sign when he was nearing the end of his career) with the right-winger onside but the centre forward is an offside position so club linesman flags that he is offside (as they are told to do)...ref plays on and right winger knocks the ball in for the CF to knock it in....ref gives the goal and I aint happy.

My understanding was that this should be offside because the CF has gained an advantage from being in an offside position, think its something to do with the old '2nd phase'??

I asked the ref (kevin small) to show me the rule in his handbook after the game, which he couldn't do as he didn't have it on him!

whats the consensus on the mighty TEF?

not sour grapes or owt honest as we lost 5-3, just want a bit of clarity for me sanity....
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, September 24, 2009, 21:46:07 »

offside, the lino should be able to tell the ref the CF was offside from the first movement...regardless of whether he goes back onside when the ball was played he was off

freekick, keeper restarts play

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, September 24, 2009, 21:46:09 »

Offside. He's active in that phase and clearly gaining and advantage.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, September 24, 2009, 21:58:44 »

What position were you playing JB?
santasdead

« Reply #4 on: Thursday, September 24, 2009, 22:00:13 »

Not offside,plainly because the goal stood. Also the CF would only count as offside if the winger hadn't of played it to him - players are only offside if they are beyond the 2nd last defender at the time of the final touch of a player on his side.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Friday, September 25, 2009, 01:43:08 »

According to the rule book the decision was correct. Being in active play is defined as; playing the ball (passed by a team mate), interfering with an opponent and gaining an advantage by playing a ball that rebounds off the woodwork or an opposing player (when the ball was last played by a team mate).

Simply being further up the pitch at the time of the incident doesn't come in to it. Which kind of makes sense as by the time the ball does come to him and he's in an onside position, the defenders have had the time to make up the ground.

The latest rule book is here for anyone who wants to check:

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/affederation/federation/laws_of_the_game_0708_10565.pdf

There's an interesting bit on page 40 (decision 3). It appears to say, for example, that if a player kicks the ball in to the air deliberately and then heads it back to the keeper its viewed as trying to circumvent the back pass rule and results in a booking and an indirect free kick, whether the keeper touches the ball with his hands or not. Never seen that one happen before.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #6 on: Friday, September 25, 2009, 06:39:52 »

I seem to remember being flagged offside for this at Worldnet and Bennett running down the left winge (onside) getting stroppy  Cool
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Friday, September 25, 2009, 06:42:21 »

that doesn't sound like me

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #8 on: Friday, September 25, 2009, 06:45:29 »

I think DV won the stroppiest git award anyway, I shouldn't worry.

Actually I seem to remember the lino not flagging until we'd run 30 yards up the pitch, which doesn't make any sense.
jimbob

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Friday, September 25, 2009, 06:55:48 »

What position were you playing JB?

I was CM and Parker made the game look so easy...I thought it wouldn't suit him due to the bobbly pitch but he was pinging it everywhere and first time most of the time....worst thing is they're all scummers as it was Kidlington who we were playing....

jimbob

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Friday, September 25, 2009, 07:01:51 »

According to the rule book the decision was correct. Being in active play is defined as; playing the ball (passed by a team mate), interfering with an opponent and gaining an advantage by playing a ball that rebounds off the woodwork or an opposing player (when the ball was last played by a team mate).

Simply being further up the pitch at the time of the incident doesn't come in to it. Which kind of makes sense as by the time the ball does come to him and he's in an onside position, the defenders have had the time to make up the ground.

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/affederation/federation/laws_of_the_game_0708_10565.pdf

There's an interesting bit on page 40 (decision 3). It appears to say, for example, that if a player kicks the ball in to the air deliberately and then heads it back to the keeper its viewed as trying to circumvent the back pass rule and results in a booking and an indirect free kick, whether the keeper touches the ball with his hands or not. Never seen that one happen before.

The defenders may not necessarily had time to get back though....e.g. that means that any CF could just wait on the edge of their 18yrd box until the winger gets passed him and pulls the ball back (i.e. the CF does not get ahead of the winger) to him and he is onside?? surely not??

the plot thickens....the rule needs mpore clarity....ya think?!?!
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

London Scottish - More History than Franchise!

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Friday, September 25, 2009, 07:34:24 »

as long as the striker wasnt offside when the winger crossed the ball in it is fine.

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
Your boys took a hell of a beating!"
oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Friday, September 25, 2009, 07:46:24 »

There are no 'phases' in the rules, sounds like Andy Gray talk. If the striker wasn't interfering or gaining an advantage when the ball was played to the winger, goal.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #13 on: Friday, September 25, 2009, 08:10:09 »

Bring back the standard rule for fucksake.If you are in a offside position then tough shit.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Friday, September 25, 2009, 09:35:17 »

Bring back the standard rule for fucksake.If you are in a offside position then tough shit.
But then if somebody's down injured near the touchline in an offside position, and a ball gets played through the middle to the CF who scores, is it right to disallow it for offside?

(No, it's not)

For what it's worth, I'd say the goal should have stood. And jonny, that's a great find about the backpass rule. I'll be waiting eagerly for it to happen and for the whole crowd to go insane when a yellow card and indirect free-kick is given Cheesy
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: