Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Yesterday....  (Read 2037 times)
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, May 3, 2005, 09:37:46 »

...I took my Mrs to a flea market in Ciren.  What a romantic eh?

Anyway as I walk in there I see a bloke selling old footie programmes.  To my surprise there was about 90 Swindon programmes from the mid sixties to early 80's so I bought the lot of them.  

They're quality, great to read.  Old directions to grounds, adverts for the "Biggest and Best pub in the west" (moonrakers).  Best one is a "Official Handbook" of the 1968/69 season, it's like a preview to the season.  

I'm well happy.  Just wanted to share that with you all.
STFCBird
Ralphy's Wet Dream

C U Next Tuesday!

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, May 3, 2005, 09:47:14 »

how much did you pay for them?
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, May 3, 2005, 09:50:38 »

I gave the bloke a tenner.  Don't know if I got ripped off, but they're all in good nick, and the fella was in a wheelchair and had a very strange arm, with only one finger.  So I don't mind if I paid over the odds.
STFCBird
Ralphy's Wet Dream

C U Next Tuesday!

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, May 3, 2005, 09:54:33 »

spot on I'd say, I would have paid a tenner.  you got a bargain i reckon.  My dad has loads from the 60's through to early 90's when I started going, I love reading through the old ones, he has loads of old papers, from the 60's also which are really funny to read.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, May 3, 2005, 10:10:36 »

Sounds like a fair deal.....programs are pretty worthless, unless they are pre war or very rare, or maybe autographed.....I've never been a collector as such, but I do have a collection.

Probably my most valuable item....is a  Dennis Law testimonial game from about 73 Manure V Ajax.....there has to be some saddo, who'd buy it in order to look like a proper fan.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, May 3, 2005, 10:26:58 »

I just like reading through them, not a collector myself, just good to see old photo's and articles.  One of them go on about the prices going up a few pence for refreshments.
Asher

« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, May 3, 2005, 10:43:14 »

I have that handbook in mint condition!  The old adverts are very funny at times
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, May 3, 2005, 11:41:13 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
Sounds like a fair deal.....programs are pretty worthless, unless they are pre war or very rare, or maybe autographed.....I've never been a collector as such, but I do have a collection.

Probably my most valuable item....is a  Dennis Law testimonial game from about 73 Manure V Ajax.....there has to be some saddo, who'd buy it in order to look like a proper fan.

I have the official team sheet from the 1872 FA Cup Final (Obviously they did not have programmes then) signed by the referee (or umpire as I believe they were called at the time?)  Do you reckon that would be worth much?
STFCBird
Ralphy's Wet Dream

C U Next Tuesday!

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, May 3, 2005, 11:52:15 »

10p?
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, May 3, 2005, 11:57:34 »

Quote from: "STFCBird"
10p?

That's what I reckoned Wink
timmyg

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, May 3, 2005, 15:52:22 »

...all my troubles seemed so far away...

never trust a nun...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: