Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Energy company switch  (Read 20804 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Friday, February 25, 2022, 15:05:22 »

Probably a safe bet. In the current climate they are likely to go only one way sadly.

Uncertain times again and don't know if it's relevant but just seen a post saying all Asda fuel pumps are shut so let's hope it's something else rather than to do with shortages.

So, give no fucks
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Friday, February 25, 2022, 17:04:03 »

Is that the V11 one year deal and did you not consider the V18 two year deal?
1 year and yeah I did consider 2 year as obviously the best we can hope for is 6 months of savings.

But equally in a years time things could be different.

hence "gamble"
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Friday, February 25, 2022, 17:16:45 »

1 year and yeah I did consider 2 year as obviously the best we can hope for is 6 months of savings.

But equally in a years time things could be different.

hence "gamble"

Cheers Batch. I'm torn between the 1&2 year as there is no fee to leave early but the downside is that it's more expensive.

So, give no fucks
mystical_goat

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Friday, February 25, 2022, 17:37:48 »

Cheers Batch. I'm torn between the 1&2 year as there is no fee to leave early but the downside is that it's more expensive.
With this new government 'price cap' system effectively creating a series of 6-month fixed deals, reviewed every April and October, I'd be leaning towards 2 years. That's the slightly cheaper one, right?
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Friday, February 25, 2022, 17:41:53 »

As from April the variable tariff is slightly cheaper than the 1 year deal but its certain to go up again October irrespective of the war in Ukraine. The 2 year deal is a little more expensive than the 1 year deal but I guess you have reassurance that your safe for a couple of years of anymore increases.

So, give no fucks
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Saturday, February 26, 2022, 15:47:54 »

I got offered a fixed rate by my supplier (EON Next) which matched the rate that my flexible deal will be going up to in April - so same price as I will be paying in April anyway..  no brainer.  12 months same price, or £8 per month more for a 2 year - both no fee to get out of.

I signed up for the 2 year as I think prices are bound to go up later this year, even if the Ukraine issue is resolved quickly.  IMO it's only a matter of time for Putin to turn off the tap as reaction to sanctions.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Saturday, February 26, 2022, 15:57:00 »

I got offered a fixed rate by my supplier (EON Next) which matched the rate that my flexible deal will be going up to in April - so same price as I will be paying in April anyway..  no brainer.  12 months same price, or £8 per month more for a 2 year - both no fee to get out of.

I signed up for the 2 year as I think prices are bound to go up later this year, even if the Ukraine issue is resolved quickly.  IMO it's only a matter of time for Putin to turn off the tap as reaction to sanctions.

Is that the Next 2 year V18 renewal deal?

So, give no fucks
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Saturday, February 26, 2022, 16:44:32 »

Yeah, that's the one

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Saturday, February 26, 2022, 16:45:47 »

Yeah, that's the one

Cheers Berni that's what I will go with although I think mine will start on the 2nd March when my current 1 year deal ends.

So, give no fucks
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Monday, February 28, 2022, 19:22:41 »

Martin Lewis advocating the switch to v11

https://twitter.com/MartinSLewis/status/1498360106320371712?t=El7BUXeT--HC04_OYHRhFg&s=19

obviously v18 may work out even more shrewd.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Monday, February 28, 2022, 22:13:21 »

Martin Lewis advocating the switch to v11

https://twitter.com/MartinSLewis/status/1498360106320371712?t=El7BUXeT--HC04_OYHRhFg&s=19

obviously v18 may work out even more shrewd.

Cheers Batch I hadn't seen that.

So, give no fucks

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Tuesday, March 1, 2022, 09:57:01 »

I'm with bulb and the advice from Martin Lewis is still to stay put if you're in the same position as me at the current time.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Tuesday, March 1, 2022, 10:31:57 »

I'm with bulb and the advice from Martin Lewis is still to stay put if you're in the same position as me at the current time.

I feel that same about Octopus, I can’t help but think whoever you’re with it is going to get painful. The saving grace is spring is around the corner and the winter in the certainly has been mild.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Monday, March 21, 2022, 15:54:57 »

My fixed tariff runs out in June  Roll Eyes
Got a proposed new tariff but only fixed to Jan 2023, seeing as it's higher than the price cap for Apr to Sep '22 I think we'll let our June tariff run it's course then roll onto standard tariff. Will revisit this in the Summer before the price cap increase is announced around August time.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Monday, March 21, 2022, 16:02:07 »

My fixed tariff runs out in June  Roll Eyes
Got a proposed new tariff but only fixed to Jan 2023, seeing as it's higher than the price cap for Apr to Sep '22 I think we'll let our June tariff run it's course then roll onto standard tariff. Will revisit this in the Summer before the price cap increase is announced around August time.

What tariffs they offering until Jan 2023

So, give no fucks
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: