Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 ... 41   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Airplane Gestures Official Thread  (Read 61983 times)
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #480 on: Tuesday, December 7, 2010, 23:21:26 »

Steve Evans is a whinging fat cunt.

Time !!!

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #481 on: Tuesday, December 7, 2010, 23:21:50 »

If we'd won, this thread would have only been 19 pages long.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #482 on: Tuesday, December 7, 2010, 23:22:15 »

If we'd won, this thread would have only been 19 pages long.

That's always been the way though hasn't it.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #483 on: Tuesday, December 7, 2010, 23:22:59 »

The interview..

Wilson is angry with goals we conceded. It was never going to be easy but they put us under pressure and we didn't deal with balls into our box. The first goal was difficult to take. We were fortunate to go 2-1 up. The sending off had a major effect on the game, but we should have held on for penalties instead of losing concentration.

There was a great incentive for winning today and the players didn't put in the hard work or at least we haven't handled the physical presence well. We didn't deserve to win the game but we should have been stronger. We didn't handle the way they played. We got overrun in midfield, we didn't clear balls into our box. We were nervous and didn't show any composure - the senior players should have calmed things down.

Same old, same old.  Is he reading from a script he's used before?

Hopefully Charlie will be ok for Saturday because we can't do without him. It seems like we're too reliant on him - he needs some assistance.

You don't say.  The rest of us have known that for the last 4 months! So what happens in January when  he leaves.  We'll be relegated without a doubt!

« Last Edit: Tuesday, December 7, 2010, 23:24:39 by joteddyred » Logged
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #484 on: Tuesday, December 7, 2010, 23:23:36 »

The interview..

Wilson is angry with goals we conceded. It was never going to be easy but they put us under pressure and we didn't deal with balls into our box. The first goal was difficult to take. We were fortunate to go 2-1 up. The sending off had a major effect on the game, but we should have held on for penalties instead of losing concentration.

There was a great incentive for winning today and the players didn't put in the hard work or at least we haven't handled the physical presence well. We didn't deserve to win the game but we should have been stronger. We didn't handle the way they played. We got overrun in midfield, we didn't clear balls into our box. We were nervous and didn't show any composure - the senior players should have calmed things down.

Douglas was in control of the challenge and got the ball and the referee's decision was influenced by the Crawley players and staff. We weren't sitting back, we were being stretched. Crawley was never going to be an easy tie. Maybe we should beat them but you can't take away how well they played. Smith made some good saves but he shouldn't have had to.

We've played well against some good teams this year and we've still got a lot to play for this year. We're sorry for this display and need to put it right. The players will have to stand up and take some hits on the chin. Hopefully Charlie will be ok for Saturday because we can't do without him. It seems like we're too reliant on him - he needs some assistance.

Hmmm

yawn yawn fucking yawn

Danny is playing on a fucking loop again
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #485 on: Tuesday, December 7, 2010, 23:26:07 »

I think it's quite telling, the players aren't performing and the manager isn't thinking it will come good by itself. The players are really letting him and the fans down.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #486 on: Tuesday, December 7, 2010, 23:28:26 »

I think it's quite telling, the players aren't performing and the manager isn't thinking it will come good by itself. The players are really letting him and the fans down.

Why do you think that is.  Has he possibly lost the dressing room for whatever reason?  If he has, then he has to go, surely?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #487 on: Tuesday, December 7, 2010, 23:34:56 »

I don't think he's lost the entire dressing room. I think certain influential players though.
redbullzeye

Ignore
« Reply #488 on: Tuesday, December 7, 2010, 23:40:59 »

Why do you think that is.  Has he possibly lost the dressing room for whatever reason?  If he has, then he has to go, surely?
I don't think he's lost the dressing room or we'd have been stuffed by Sheffield Wednesday.  But the question you pose is really difficult to answer without being on the inside.  Does the fault lie with the manager because he's got bad strategy, tactics and motivation or is it the players who lack intelligence and belief.  Anyone on this board that's ever had to run a team in whatever sphere knows that there's a point where the team have to perform on their own and there's fuck all you can do as leader to mitigate that performance.  You can try and influence it but in the end they stand and fall on their merits.  If we got a new manager in, they would issue commands and still be faced with the same reaction Danny gets ie: big clubs they are up for it: little clubs they couldn't give a shit.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #489 on: Tuesday, December 7, 2010, 23:46:16 »

I don't think he's lost the dressing room or we'd have been stuffed by Sheffield Wednesday.  But the question you pose is really difficult to answer without being on the inside.  Does the fault lie with the manager because he's got bad strategy, tactics and motivation or is it the players who lack intelligence and belief.  Anyone on this board that's ever had to run a team in whatever sphere knows that there's a point where the team have to perform on their own and there's fuck all you can do as leader to mitigate that performance.  You can try and influence it but in the end they stand and fall on their merits.  If we got a new manager in, they would issue commands and still be faced with the same reaction Danny gets ie: big clubs they are up for it: little clubs they couldn't give a shit.

I agree with what you're saying, but we didn't experience this problem last season and the majority of personnel is the same.  What the bloody hell has changed so drastically?
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #490 on: Tuesday, December 7, 2010, 23:48:23 »

Tongan power still exists as it was an extra time defeat.

/
W56196272
crystall Tips

Ignore
« Reply #491 on: Tuesday, December 7, 2010, 23:51:02 »

Crawley are a bunch of tossers, got Douglas sent off with their reaction and changed the course of the game.  That said, we got pretty much what we deserved, sat far too deep for whatever reason and we should be capable of playing better than that with 10 men.

Yoyo performances are worrying.   Wilson not seeming to have much idea what to do about it is worrying.   I'm not in the Wilson out camp though

Can't we just rub this season out and start again?  
luckyluke699

5 league goals and counting...

Ignore
« Reply #492 on: Tuesday, December 7, 2010, 23:55:04 »

It's a rebuilding season ready for next season, need to keep telling myself that.

Wish I hadn't have stuck £50 on us pre-season to get promoted though!  Doh
redbullzeye

Ignore
« Reply #493 on: Wednesday, December 8, 2010, 00:02:35 »

I agree with what you're saying, but we didn't experience this problem last season and the majority of personnel is the same.  What the bloody hell has changed so drastically?
The only answer I can come up with is Greer, Paynter and Ward but we've been over that one loads of times.  I've watched Danny at the County Ground shout at the defense to hold a higher line and they remember for about 5 minutes then promptly carry on hoofing it as before and falling back too deep.  It doesn't feel right giving Morrison a slagging as he doesn't have the experience yet but there's no doubt most problems are going to stem from the middle of defense.  The only Swindon team I remember being truley stellar was Glenn Hoddle's 1993 and we weren't that great in defence but were brilliant going forward.   I know this doesn't help but the 2nd bottle of wine has just disappeared...
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #494 on: Wednesday, December 8, 2010, 00:04:10 »

I know this doesn't help but the 2nd bottle of wine has just disappeared...

Oh dear, I hope you haven't got work in the morning?  Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 ... 41   Go Up
Print
Jump to: