Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 ... 84   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Questions for the Advisory Board  (Read 144314 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #510 on: Thursday, January 5, 2023, 14:05:11 »

Discussing the contractual position of someone under gainful employment by the business would actually open the club up to a world of trouble at an Employment Tribunal in the future, steer well clear.

The rent will be in the order of 100k a year or so.  The payment was structured based on attendances, from memory, so we'd be paying a little more in the past season or so.  Pre-Power, I think we actually published the number each year in the accounts.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #511 on: Thursday, January 5, 2023, 14:14:11 »

Discussing the contractual position of someone under gainful employment by the business would actually open the club up to a world of trouble at an Employment Tribunal in the future, steer well clear.

The rent will be in the order of 100k a year or so.  The payment was structured based on attendances, from memory, so we'd be paying a little more in the past season or so.  Pre-Power, I think we actually published the number each year in the accounts.

9 years ago the BBC reported it was £17k a month so £204k a year, it came out when Power was in arrears again and arguing about the maintenance costs the club were facing despite it being a full repairing lease.  

As for the Advisory Board discussing peoples employment where does it stop, player not playing well, fans have a poll and that's it he's kicked out, they tried that at Ebbsfleet, didn't go well.
« Last Edit: Thursday, January 5, 2023, 14:16:22 by horlock07 » Logged
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #512 on: Thursday, January 5, 2023, 14:41:24 »

£225k per year is the number I heard/remember. Depends on attendances and league position I think.
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #513 on: Thursday, January 5, 2023, 15:04:03 »

It may have been covered before, but are the fans charging rent on our 50% share of the ground?
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #514 on: Thursday, January 5, 2023, 15:11:16 »

It may have been covered before, but are the fans charging rent on our 50% share of the ground?

I thought that it was a yes, but the money was going to be used for ground improvements & maintenance
JanAirplaneMan

« Reply #515 on: Thursday, January 5, 2023, 15:51:07 »

Couple of questions for JanAirplanMan

Firstky, can the findings of the recent poll on this forum debating whether SL should be kept on be presented at the next AB meeting?

I know this constitutes a very small percentage of the fanbase but the overall result is unequivocally in favour of SL leaving so Clems perspective on this would be welcomed.

Secondly, once/if the ground purchase is completed what would the annual saving on rent payable to SBC be? & would these savings be reinvested into the club directly or would they be used to offset the internal debt that currently exists, presumably of which the majority is owed to CM?

Well it would appear SL has left the club so that might not be relevant now, buts lets see.
On 2 and the rent, believe the current rent is approx £200k a year and new rent post sale will be around half that number. I will ask formally at the AB on Tuesday and update.
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #516 on: Thursday, January 5, 2023, 17:51:07 »

Well it would appear SL has left the club so that might not be relevant now, buts lets see.
On 2 and the rent, believe the current rent is approx £200k a year and new rent post sale will be around half that number. I will ask formally at the AB on Tuesday and update.
Thanks as always Jan.

I probably should have been clearer on my first point. I wasn't expecting a detailed response from Clem on SL's performance thus far & the liklihood of him being retained etc. More a case of making him aware of the current discontent amongst the fanbase.

I know the numbers polled were small but it was likely that the outcome would have been reflected across the wider fanbase.
Looks to be academic now as you mentioned though.

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #517 on: Thursday, January 5, 2023, 18:03:13 »

I want Lindsey gone as much as anyone, but you can’t present a poll in which just over 100 people voted as evidence the fans want him gone.

I'd argue this forum is less knee jerky than other mediums though.

A mass twitter/facebook poll of thousands would be even more damning, I suspect.
Steak supper

Ignore
« Reply #518 on: Thursday, January 5, 2023, 18:27:23 »

I'd argue this forum is less knee jerky than other mediums though.

A mass twitter/facebook poll of thousands would be even more damning, I suspect.

It is knee jerky enough
The Million Pound Man

Ignore
« Reply #519 on: Tuesday, January 10, 2023, 21:41:21 »

Did the scheduled meeting go ahead today ?
JanAirplaneMan

« Reply #520 on: Tuesday, January 10, 2023, 21:53:01 »

Did the scheduled meeting go ahead today ?
It did yes.. minutes to follow soon
No discussion on manager situation
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #521 on: Tuesday, January 10, 2023, 21:58:06 »

I suspect i know the answer to this but any insight onto a timeline for us announcing the new manager?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #522 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2023, 07:15:48 »

Yeh, didn’t expect them to share news on the manager hunt with those that attend an advisory board meeting.

However, I do expect (or like to think) that the supporters trust representatives, amongst other attendees, pressed the club officials hard on I’d say 95% of supporters concerns regarding the complete silence from the club this week. I kinda get the silence on the manager, legalities and all that BS, we got mugged off last summer with Charlton and garner so as fans we are used to the club being taken mick out of.

What I don’t get is why the club are radio silent on a massive landmark announcement regarding the news this week on the Trusts JV CG purchase. It’s a big deal. Yet nothing. Not a peep.

I also find it bizarre we’ve not sold this Saturday at all: what happened to Pack the CG for Austin’s return? Biggest signing in years. Could have sold it out easily. Fucking poor. Once again, not a peep. A manager doesn’t stop you tweeting.

Oh, and we had a competitive game yesterday, and our head coach was absent, but you wouldn’t know either of those as the club didn’t mention a peep. They’ve done Chippenham wrong there in all as identified by Dan Hunt on Twitter, could have easily shifted 100-200 more tickets with some promo about the game.

Cowboy/circus setup is the vibe I’m getting.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #523 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2023, 09:03:17 »

Yeah I get not saying anything about the manager situation on twitter, but not to sell an upcoming league game and not comment on us playing even in The Wiltshire Shield is bizarre to say the least.

That and hearing a perfectly adequate appointment in David Artell who has publicly announced his interest hasn't even been contacted.....just adds to the WTF nature of everything.

Crawley announcement
advisory board meeting notes
The right new manager appointed

In that order within the next two days please. Really need to step this up as its becoming worrying.
The Million Pound Man

Ignore
« Reply #524 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2023, 09:42:13 »

ST renewals are just around the corner too, keeping fans in the dark now isnt going to play out well for that marketing push.

Hopefully these are just innocent mistakes that will be learnt from going forward, the Swindon fan in me naturally worries theres more to it and something major (bad) is happening in the background.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 ... 84   Go Up
Print
Jump to: