Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Franchise pre match drivel and matchday thread  (Read 14279 times)
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: Sunday, February 18, 2024, 20:12:53 »

Genuine question as you seem keen on players, positions, tactics and results but not actually going?

To be fair… you don’t need to go to know that, half the forum watch it on ifollow now.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #286 on: Sunday, February 18, 2024, 20:15:00 »

Freeloading bastards!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #287 on: Sunday, February 18, 2024, 21:04:50 »

To be fair… you don’t need to go to know that, half the forum watch it on ifollow now.

Yep, rolling out of bed and straight to my living room to turn the tv on is a lot more time efficient than getting to the CG. As is switching it off and leaving the room.

I’d have definitely gone to more over the last 2 to 3 seasons if time allowed me to but quite frankly I’m too old to survive on a sub 4 hour sleep for the sake of going to watch Swindon
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #288 on: Sunday, February 18, 2024, 21:07:22 »

Quote from: Ticker45
For the first time in ages this result meant very little to me. .

I've accepted a just above the relegation zone finish, but with no real jeopardy of going down.

The plan was to just have a bit of a laugh until the end of the season and take each game as it comes.

So I should be with you

But I'm proper pissed off with yesterday. I have no confidence in Gunning and that was bloody worrying from him. I hope I'm wrong, I really do.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #289 on: Sunday, February 18, 2024, 21:54:56 »

Yep, rolling out of bed and straight to my living room to turn the tv on is a lot more time efficient than getting to the CG. As is switching it off and leaving the room.

I think you should be more creative and spice up your entrance and exits. Next time maybe try a backwards roll as your method of departure  Wink

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #290 on: Sunday, February 18, 2024, 22:12:53 »

Come on guys.... it's also been my last time probably 5 or 6 times this season alone.

Everytime you think...once more and that's it.

Possibly Morfuni knows this is a failing with most English football supporters.

Just once more...!!!!
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #291 on: Sunday, February 18, 2024, 22:32:34 »

RNZ - Chuck us a Tui or two through the ether mate. You can get away with having a few session tins on a Monday lunchtime ey?

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #292 on: Sunday, February 18, 2024, 23:09:02 »

Come on guys.... it's also been my last time probably 5 or 6 times this season alone.

Everytime you think...once more and that's it.

Possibly Morfuni knows this is a failing with most English football supporters.

Just once more...!!!!

I think DV once likened us fans to Crack Addicts.  In reality, they at least get a high.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #293 on: Monday, February 19, 2024, 09:30:04 »

Havent read back.

After obvious signs of improvement we did a Swindon and self destructed.....

Fucking woeful.

Maybe the Keeper should come out for the Ball but the defender is in control, smash the ball away and then bollock him...DONT do what you did!!

The second goal summed up our season ref defending. Dreadful.

Thought we had enough time to get back in it but did feel we needed one back before half time.
Looked handball to me for a Pen and on the lowlights BUT he was close, this is L2,theres no VAR and it aint going to be given despite his arm being stretched out.

Scored eventually when i had given up but it was far far too late, shame as Franchise suffered a bit a panic.

A fucking awful day at the Office for most on that pitch.

I questioning what Drenan offers us now? BUT hes not a Scapegoat for Saturday.

Clems Army!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #294 on: Monday, February 19, 2024, 11:07:21 »

Didn't see any of the game, and just watched some of the highlights. Did I hear it right that Kemp was getting booed when he had the ball?

I had to laugh when Kemp posted on twitter about the travelling fans and a load of our fans were getting uppity about it. 'what about us' etc. Needy flanges.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #295 on: Monday, February 19, 2024, 11:40:56 »

Well, it’s not for the insightful opinions on football or the witty banter, that’s for sure…
😂

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #296 on: Monday, February 19, 2024, 12:51:09 »

Anyone know how long Gunning's contract is ?

I don't get the tactics, rotating the team every week as players cant play Sat & Sat for 60 or 70 mins so they have to be played for 60 mins then benched for the next game to be given 30 mins, odd signing all these players if you know they wont make a difference for at least a month.

Sadly after the performance and the 'attacking' 4-2-4 that Gav seems to enjoy I reckon the job is already his but just got to get through this season and then start the talk of a fresh starts, promotion push, things done wrong etc etc

In an ideal world Clem & co would be looking for a new manager now to come in with a view to which players he (or she !) wants for next season and a chance to start getting in place the backroom team he wants - but that would cost money so Clem will go with Gav as Head Coach and find him an assistant from somewhere (probably Austin) to help next season, and all the players will be provided for him next season so he can play 4-2-4 more often.

Gav has proved himself by going to Aussie and coaching the kids, and then finding loan spots for a few kids in local non league teams, and then he has been to Clem's house as well - what more experience does he need ?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #297 on: Monday, February 19, 2024, 12:53:49 »

It’s clear Gav doesn’t know his best team plus he’s trying to keep everyone happy by playing them.

Whether that is something that will settle down over the rest of the season or not remains to be seen.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #298 on: Monday, February 19, 2024, 13:57:03 »

For me, now is the time for Clem to start putting the proper work in for next season and start to bring people that are going to help to make it a success. RobT hit the nail on the head with his comments about the staff that Franchise have versus our sorry band of merry men. Surely if you run the place like a National League club you are going to end up being closer to the National League rather than League 1.

Employ an experienced Director of football, listen to what he needs, get what he needs, and get the wheels turning into getting that ready. Gunning does seem like a popular guy about the place so keep him on in the coaching side so he can continue to learn. A CEO that knows what he is doing would be lovely, but I'm not holding my breath on that happening.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #299 on: Monday, February 19, 2024, 14:55:16 »

The problem with the CEO is that it’s just in name only, Clem makes all the decisions.

You only have to look back at the shares fiasco, Aberdeen (who was supposedly CEO) didn’t know anything about it. Everything starts & ends with Clem so he’s not going to employ anyone who knows what needs to be done to run a football club
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: