Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Official Fans Forum Match Day Thread  (Read 13865 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: Friday, February 2, 2024, 10:44:20 »

I'm not sure why they didn't stick to the original agenda of having an on the field discussion and an off the field discussion. They probably should have had Clem and co on first to face the music, then had the football side on after.

Exactly that Bob, pretty sure if Hodgetts would have been involved it would have been more professional.

So, give no fucks
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #286 on: Friday, February 2, 2024, 11:50:59 »

On reflection - I liked Clem's passion when he got a bit narked - suggests he's in it for the right reasons.

In my opinion, its totally unprofessional that it only takes one direct or slightly difficult question for him to lose it. It's not passhun, it's being over defensive when he's being called out on his bull crap as well as continued swearing {couldn't give a hoot he's from Aus and that's ''normal'', he's supposedly an International businessman so you'd think this self professed cultured man would know a thing or two about basic etiquette}, in a public setting. He just went for the ''if I shout louder than anyone in the room then I'll command respect''' tactic. Probably saw it on Andrew Tate's ''How to be an Alpha Male'' YouTube vids  Cheesy

Classic ''instantly reactive'' character rather than ''prepared response''. Especially when most of those ''difficult'' questions should have been easily answerable. It wasn't like anyone asked him something unrelated to the club. It was mostly stuff he knows about and is relative - caused via his running of the club.

For a person at the top, he really doesn't like being told ''it's on you buddy'' or to that effect. It's just a barrel of excuses. If he was partner in any other decent business {I'm not counting his own ffs} then the other partners would have quickly seen through his bs and there'd be restructuring to get the unprofessional oik out.

He who shouts loudest might well be heard but often has the most to hide and often the most weak. The empty vessel makes the loudest sound.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #287 on: Friday, February 2, 2024, 11:55:03 »

I gave up after about 20 minutes. Was there a whacking great fridge or something directly behind Russell? Why didn't they move those tables forward to give them more room to sit down!!

Also Phil King comes across as a right plonker. Walking around as if he owns the place and then confusing Young with Yates. Felt sorry for Vic Morgan. He's had some stick on Twitter which seems to be grossly unfair.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #288 on: Friday, February 2, 2024, 12:16:54 »

I gave up after about 20 minutes. Was there a whacking great fridge or something directly behind Russell? Why didn't they move those tables forward to give them more room to sit down!!

Also Phil King comes across as a right plonker. Walking around as if he owns the place and then confusing Young with Yates. Felt sorry for Vic Morgan. He's had some stick on Twitter which seems to be grossly unfair.

You did the right thing mate. It's the best part of two hours I'll never get back.

Also feel for Vic sas he's generally a good bloke. It's a weird one with Phil King because my previous experience of him in hospitality {admittedly a good ten years ago} was that whilst being quite bolshy, he entertained in an ok way. Maybe ''Pontins Compere'' would be about the level. At the forum though, you're right - he was an absolute tit.

The event needed one compere and one professional speaker {or someone good enough to do both}. Morgan alone is probably too reserved to control a room with Qs firing everywhere and King is too stupid. A proper Q and A structure would have worked. Good example, I went to a private screening of a TV show a few months back, which was followed by an open Q and A. The event didn't have any pre approved Qs and so everything was reactive after the screening. Some might say that the mood would be completely different but purely from a Q and A perspective, it was quite a simple initial instruction to the audience 'If you have a question, put your hand up and we'll bring a mic to you. Anyone else, please respect the person asking and we'll be able to get more questions for the panel'.

The key point in all of that was that they didn't just take the mic away once someone asked a question, they allowed a follow up on the answer {if required} or were given the opportunity to say ''thanks for your answer'' etc. At the Fans Forum, they didn't appear to do that and that was part of the problem. But also, a bigger part of the problem was that several of the answers - and mostly the ones coming from both the owner and CEO, were very poorly executed. As if they'd gone in blind, oblivious to any real issues or a need to fix/apologise for them.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #289 on: Friday, February 2, 2024, 12:43:52 »

Reminded me of the compere in The Office, when Brent went on stage at that nightclub in Slough.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #290 on: Friday, February 2, 2024, 13:54:39 »

An oddity has stuck in my mind from the Forum.  It seems Clem has a new bee in his bonnet, around a lease provided to a car washing "company" - I use the inverted comma's because they are notorious for attracting just the types Power would indeed let in, but Zav is still hanging around as well, it's sort of ironic.

Anyway, why is this such a big deal?  It's likely they were leased vacant land - it's not like someone is going to roll their car into the Legends Lounge.  As such, as much as it may be irritating that you can't use that space, why did we seemingly kick them out and make a big deal about it?  Clem seemed really irate with it - it's almost like the group that have remained have tried to scorch the earth of anything they saw as being Power linked, but got themselves into hot water as a result.  I this case, the business suing us for loss of earnings, which is a tricky case to make (in terms of it being a high number in a court case) but almost certainly something the club would lose if there is any sort of confirmation of a lease.  It's the same as the Mercedez, which I presume Power was clever enough to lease via the club and not personally.  As much as Clem and Zav may be irritated tp pick up the tab, tough shit, it's a cost of the business.

He seems to have spent far too much time and energy trying to fight the wrong battles.

In fact, the reason this stuck with me was because I was just thinking that the club has always done a bad job at utilising it's one great advantage in the local business market - affordable space.  The rent is really low in comparison to commercial rents, even before the JV.  Sub letting space is one of the things the club should be actively engaged in as a way of maximising that asset.  A car wash, which may be a bit dodgy, is not the best idea, but it's actually not the worst one either.  It's better than most other ones we've had for sweating the assets we have.
« Last Edit: Friday, February 2, 2024, 13:57:56 by RobertT » Logged
doversparkred

Ignore
« Reply #291 on: Friday, February 2, 2024, 14:31:19 »

In fact, the reason this stuck with me was because I was just thinking that the club has always done a bad job at utilising it's one great advantage in the local business market - affordable space.  The rent is really low in comparison to commercial rents, even before the JV.  Sub letting space is one of the things the club should be actively engaged in as a way of maximising that asset.  A car wash, which may be a bit dodgy, is not the best idea, but it's actually not the worst one either.  It's better than most other ones we've had for sweating the assets we have.

What sort of legitimate businesses and local community groups could lease affordable space at the county ground?

1 - cowork space for small businesses
2 - gym / boxing club
3 - webuyanycar
4 - administrative and spiritual home of Swindon sport clubs, like Bristol Sport at Ashton Gate
5 - mobile NHS services like giving blood
6 - restaurant and/or coffee shop, like Kofi Coffee at Ashton Gate
7 - local bakery selling to the trade and direct to local people
8 - travelodge / budget hotel

any others?
« Last Edit: Friday, February 2, 2024, 14:57:12 by doversparkred » Logged
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #292 on: Friday, February 2, 2024, 14:45:06 »

If the club really wants to be seen as a community club how about helping the homeless - shelter, food kitchen. OK, there’s no financial gain but the PR side would be huge.
doversparkred

Ignore
« Reply #293 on: Friday, February 2, 2024, 14:52:22 »

If the club really wants to be seen as a community club how about helping the homeless - shelter, food kitchen. OK, there’s no financial gain but the PR side would be huge.

great idea... charities are always strapped for cash, but need office space, and get grants from trusts and foundations. The Bristol Sport model is really interesting - obvs they have a millionaire owner but the role they've played in regenerating a dodgy part of Bristol is really inspiring. They plan to build a hotel at the ground next year so they can host international conferences and bigger music events.  I had a meeting there a few weeks ago and kept thinking "the last time I was here was when we won 4-0 in the early 90s".

https://www.bristol-sport.co.uk/who-we-are/
« Last Edit: Friday, February 2, 2024, 14:54:41 by doversparkred » Logged
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #294 on: Friday, February 2, 2024, 15:02:37 »

So let me get this correct.
You are saying that Gavin Gunning is a cunt?

Correct. For saying that about fans asking questions. 100%.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #295 on: Friday, February 2, 2024, 15:06:47 »

I hope not. I respect Sam and his opinion (if not always agree) and his investigative nature. Wouldn't want him to be lobotomised into reporting the corporate line.

This.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #296 on: Friday, February 2, 2024, 15:07:54 »

I still don't understand how you can run a business & not know where the expenditure is going....

They do know. Shite like Karachi and Adam Harts 'strength and conditioning' with Zav and Hart on the take.

but but but a merc in Switzerland!!!!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #297 on: Friday, February 2, 2024, 15:10:05 »

It's a bit irritating, but how much time, money and effort has been wasted on that bloody Merc in Switzerland? How much could the settlement amount actually have been? I get that it's shit paying other people's bills, but would it not have been easier to just write that off and be done with it?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #298 on: Friday, February 2, 2024, 15:18:29 »

It's a bit irritating, but how much time, money and effort has been wasted on that bloody Merc in Switzerland? How much could the settlement amount actually have been? I get that it's shit paying other people's bills, but would it not have been easier to just write that off and be done with it?
Not sure what they expected tbh if it was leased under the club and not LP

Probably spent more on bloody legal fees than the settlement cost.

Due to depreciation it cant have been that much surely?

Anyway, i hope it gets put in the club museum, the amount of trouble it has caused
« Last Edit: Friday, February 2, 2024, 15:20:57 by tans » Logged
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #299 on: Friday, February 2, 2024, 15:19:09 »

Someone tried working on this with the club and got blown out by the football club
« Last Edit: Friday, February 2, 2024, 15:21:54 by tans » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: