Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v FGR pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 13536 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #450 on: Sunday, December 31, 2023, 11:11:24 »

See, I couldn’t disagree more.
FBT was signed as a left back, and is a good one. He is average at best at CB.
Same, Dokes has been a fullback all his career pretty much so far and so has FBT we transfered him to stand in CB and it worked. signed Sokes as a fullback and he played more than half his games for the vegans at RWB.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #451 on: Sunday, December 31, 2023, 11:30:28 »

I think one of FBT and Dokes in a back three is helpful, see someone like Kyle Walker playing in a three for England and City. Playing both is asking for trouble if we're under any major pressure from the opposition.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #452 on: Sunday, December 31, 2023, 11:56:15 »

Playing both is asking for trouble if we're under any major pressure from the opposition.
The same could be argued about any of our defensive formations and players this season TBH mate.

No matter who plays there and in what position we look dreadful under any pressure defensively.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #453 on: Sunday, December 31, 2023, 12:00:44 »

That all piss and panic moment towards the end of the game sums us up perfectly!
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #454 on: Sunday, December 31, 2023, 13:38:10 »

Depending on how the window goes I'd be tempted to try Dokes in the holding midfield role.
He's strong, athletic & very good at bringing the ball out of defence.
He's also quick, which would help when giving the ball away & having to get back into a defensive shape.
Would only work if we go four at the back though. Which again, may well depend on the outcome of the window.

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: