Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC v Barrow Matchday Thread  (Read 13654 times)
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« on: Friday, December 15, 2023, 10:10:49 »

It says a lot that we've made it to Friday before anyone has given a toss about this game...
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Friday, December 15, 2023, 10:12:31 »

They've won six league games in a row I think and unbeaten since start of October, but were called off last week at Gillingham. Would take a point.
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, December 15, 2023, 10:13:50 »

They've won six league games in a row I think, but were called off last week at Gillingham. Would take a point.

The Morfuni era summed up. We'd now take a point at home against BARROW! (I agree, that would feel like a 'good' result...)

Absolutely damning.

"Hold on to your hats and enjoy the ride.

The good times for our magical club are coming."
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #3 on: Friday, December 15, 2023, 10:14:39 »

Couldnt be more "meh" about it right now, will watch but only out of some morbid duty.

We won't win.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Friday, December 15, 2023, 10:20:50 »

I'm going to go against the grain and suggest that we will win tomorrow. If nothing else but the players' professional pride to carry them into a 2-1 win.

It will be interesting to see how angsty the crowd gets should things not go that way.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Friday, December 15, 2023, 10:24:50 »

On the piss in Salisbury tomorrow while the game is on, one of many better things i have could ended up doing
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Friday, December 15, 2023, 10:31:31 »

1-2 att: 8,120 (88 Barrow)

So, give no fucks
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Friday, December 15, 2023, 10:56:52 »

They've won six league games in a row I think and unbeaten since start of October, but were called off last week at Gillingham. Would take a point.

Wouldn't take a point at home to anybody in this division. Even if we are bottom and they are top. Especially not fucking Barrow. I probably bore everybody when I emphasise this, and you aren't wrong for being sensible in your expectation, but it's shit like this that shows what a state we're in. I can't bring myself down to that level. I'll always expect us to beat sides like this and be disappointed if we don't.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Friday, December 15, 2023, 11:01:24 »

Wouldn't take a point at home to anybody in this division. Even if we are bottom and they are top. Especially not fucking Barrow. I probably bore everybody when I emphasise this, and you aren't wrong for being sensible in your expectation, but it's shit like this that shows what a state we're in. I can't bring myself down to that level. I'll always expect us to beat sides like this and be disappointed if we don't.

I do get this view, and it's a two level thing - on a broader level, thinking that Barrow are a better team than us is not something I'm happy about. But on a realistic level, Barrow are a better team than us in the present moment (and to be clear, a better team than most in the division).
UTR

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Friday, December 15, 2023, 11:02:05 »

👍
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Friday, December 15, 2023, 11:30:44 »

In my head we’re still as good as Bournemouth & Brentford and would expect to beat them, reality however is somewhat different these days.

I’m hoping we come out & have a go at them and score early, and somehow manage to hang on, however reality is going to kick in and we will capitulate in the second half.

Have a feeling it’s going to get a bit toxic if we concede early
« Last Edit: Friday, December 15, 2023, 11:36:50 by Posh Red » Logged
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Friday, December 15, 2023, 11:38:34 »

We were worthy winners against Mansfield in my opinion.

So this can be done. We just need to play to our ability.

A Mansfield / Accrington performance will see 3 points.

A Wimbledon performance will be another defeat.

THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Friday, December 15, 2023, 12:30:12 »

Got an ST, love the pub and banter...going to go anyway.

I always call it in November...and i called it mid table*

So my expectation is very low.

Love to be surprised!

*Points deduction pending

Clems Army!
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Friday, December 15, 2023, 13:31:10 »

Flying back from Athens. Couldn’t have timer it better.

I hope fans realise we should support the team whilst at the same time not particularly supporting the club.
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Friday, December 15, 2023, 13:32:38 »

Flying back from Athens. Couldn’t have timer it better.

I hope fans realise we should support the team whilst at the same time not particularly supporting the club.

To be fair, I think it is extraordinary the level to which people are doing just that. Minimal dissent at the moment.

Clem's return, if it happens, will change that I think.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: