Pages: 1 ... 597 598 599 [600] 601 602 603 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1217110 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #8985 on: Saturday, December 18, 2021, 11:07:08 »

that's a possibility and that would be great

however with the TV being involved it may not be so simple (see fgr).

in any case, tickets on sale Monday.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #8986 on: Saturday, December 18, 2021, 11:26:04 »

Rumours of a 2 week circuit breaker after xmas
Indoor mixing banned
Rule of 6
Restaurants and pubs - outside only
Shops and schools still open

There goes your big money cup tie
At least we know from politicians actions that the following of any ‘rules’ are optional now so can choose which to follow and which to ignore ourselves. The rule of 6 and indoor mixing will instantly get ignored by a significant section of the population this time I’d imagine.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #8987 on: Saturday, December 18, 2021, 11:30:35 »

Much talk from political journalists of an emergency cabinet call at some stage today with announcements afterwards, not sure we are going to make it to Christmas without further restrictions at this rate.
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #8988 on: Saturday, December 18, 2021, 11:43:43 »

Doesn't say anything about outside Sports. So fingers crossed.

I was a bit surprised to hear that 95% of Serie A players has been double jab.

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #8989 on: Saturday, December 18, 2021, 12:09:37 »

It's tough but it feels like more measures are probably necessary, but it's almost impossible for this government to do that. It's a terrible moment for the government to have a crisis of credibility.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #8990 on: Saturday, December 18, 2021, 14:09:50 »

At least we know from politicians actions that the following of any ‘rules’ are optional now so can choose which to follow and which to ignore ourselves. The rule of 6 and indoor mixing will instantly get ignored by a significant section of the population this time I’d imagine.
Yep, two wrongs have always made a right.

I will be doing the 'right' thing - Including at the ballot box when the time comes.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #8991 on: Saturday, December 18, 2021, 14:31:31 »

Yep, two wrongs have always made a right.

I will be doing the 'right' thing - Including at the ballot box when the time comes.

That’s 3 years away, quite a long time away to show what you think or make a stance.

Where I draw the line is restrictions on people seeing people this time or how many you can have in your house. Take New Year’s Eve for example, after last year where we were in lockdown a lot of people will be having friends and family over this year. If the government put restrictions in people will still have these get togethers, I’ve got plans New Year’s Eve which will be happening regardless of any new restrictions. Yeah some will tut tut that but the fact remains millions will do the same thus making a ‘circuit breaker’ pretty much pointless. The government know this will be the case so other than being able to point the finger at the general public it serves no purpose.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #8992 on: Saturday, December 18, 2021, 15:27:01 »

What's the point of a circuit breakers if the schools etc stay open?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #8993 on: Saturday, December 18, 2021, 15:33:10 »

What's the point of a circuit breakers if the schools etc stay open?
the idea is reducing contacts reduces speed of spread.

it doesn't have to be absolute, some reduction is better than no reduction.

will it work, I'd say Johnson is backed into a corner and desperately trying to avoid being accused of a lockdown after saying we were irrevocably stopping them earlier in the year
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #8994 on: Saturday, December 18, 2021, 15:35:17 »

I see that Stephen Reicher is demanding the circuit breaker before Christmas as after is too late. Good luck with stopping people getting together on Christmas day!
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #8995 on: Saturday, December 18, 2021, 15:47:39 »

Using the excuse that our government are dicks (which we already knew way before any of this shit) so any rules that are introduced don't need to be followed is pretty nonsensical , but each to their own.  Those with common sense will continue do the right thing - that's the divided world we live in these days.

You just have to read the tweets from people refusing to wear masks in Supermarkets, talking as if they are some kind of superheroes leading the revolution to know that people will do what they do, and that's upto them.  I personally will be doing everything I can to protect my grandaughter and elderly mother, especially after losing my dad in the past year.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #8996 on: Saturday, December 18, 2021, 17:29:54 »

I think even the Democrats over here are done now.  Suggestions that they are switching messaging to get vaccinated to be safe and fuck you if you don't.  Which seems fair enough now to an extent.  With a prevention of serious illness, for most, and treatments being approved, that looks like the transition to dealing with an endemic virus.

Also looking to push Serious illness data rather than  infections.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #8997 on: Saturday, December 18, 2021, 18:11:15 »

Using the excuse that our government are dicks (which we already knew way before any of this shit) so any rules that are introduced don't need to be followed is pretty nonsensical , but each to their own.  Those with common sense will continue do the right thing - that's the divided world we live in these days.

You just have to read the tweets from people refusing to wear masks in Supermarkets, talking as if they are some kind of superheroes leading the revolution to know that people will do what they do, and that's upto them.  I personally will be doing everything I can to protect my grandaughter and elderly mother, especially after losing my dad in the past year.
I think thats the bit the pisses me off most - Facemasks protect everyone else from the wearer. Therefore, all that non-wearers are doing is putting everyone else at risk. Selfish beyond belief.

I'm with you Berni. I'd rather see my 80+ year old parents over Zoom for the next couple of years than never be able to see them again. That day will come, but we are all doing our best to make sure that is as far into the future as possible. Christmas, New Year, Easter, Birthdays are all irrelevant in the grand scheme of things.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #8998 on: Saturday, December 18, 2021, 18:13:06 »

the Dutch are going into lockdown, it's started
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #8999 on: Saturday, December 18, 2021, 18:19:10 »

Been vaccinated and will get my booster, don’t have a problem with masks and don’t have a problem with people choosing to isolate and distance. But I’ll continue seeing friends and family now despite whatever rules come in, which wasn’t the case in earlier lockdowns

Things get better but they never get good
Pages: 1 ... 597 598 599 [600] 601 602 603 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: