Pages: 1 ... 570 571 572 [573] 574 575 576 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1217327 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #8580 on: Friday, November 12, 2021, 20:15:19 »

We had a big outbreak at work and many were late 50's getting close to their booster jab. Maybe the vaccine was getting weak within our immune system but I guess we will never know

The "vaccine" is actually designed to stop replication, so it doesn't necessarily prevent infection (although by stopping replication it can do a good job of preventing the virus reaching any sort of level that shows up as an infection).

Data must be piling through by now....

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/2021/11/08/unvaccinated-people-20-times-more-likely-to-die-from-covid-19-than-vaccinated-new-texas-data-shows/
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #8581 on: Friday, November 12, 2021, 20:15:29 »

yes as time goes obviously more data will appear.
A good study was done in France recently though which is interesting regarding vaccines and immunity levels

https://www.france24.com/en/europe/20211011-french-study-finds-vaccines-highly-effective-at-cutting-severe-covid-19-risk

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #8582 on: Friday, November 12, 2021, 20:18:15 »

Good post guys appreciate sharing the data

So, give no fucks
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #8583 on: Friday, November 12, 2021, 20:20:45 »

I see Netherlands are going close to a full lockdown again, if they try that here I’d like to think everyone would rebel against it.

Usual doom mongers like Independent SAGE are demanding Plan B here but looking at the likes of Germany and the other home nations shows that’s utterly pointless so hope Boris shows some balls for once and stands his ground. Going back to the vaccine I don’t see how we can do anything but carry on with Plan A, we were told the vaccination was the way out of this, that’s why I accepted it, if they start introducing restrictions again people will be less inclined to get jabbed as they’ll see it as pointless and there’s no end game.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #8584 on: Friday, November 12, 2021, 21:21:54 »

Absolute nightmare of a Spanish travel form!

All sorts of problems as the NHS app details didnt have details of wife's booster jab. Also, she had to have PCR test due (negative) due to being pinged 14 days before travel! Tried all sorts of combinations of stuff just to get it filled in!

Also, after buying bloody LFT tests and taking them less than 48 hours before travel, in accordance with what we read a couple of weeks ago, we notice that it says not to do them before 2100 the day before flying (ie Tomorrow night!) So what the fuck do I do now!

Finally, I cant fill in the sodding Spanish form as I dont have a sodding seat number and the check in is locked out!

Am starting to think it wasnt worth the hassle!

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #8585 on: Friday, November 12, 2021, 21:42:58 »

you don't need lft to travel to Spain?

I doubt the seat numbers matter.. how will they know? I bet it's for contact tracing in case of a later possible passive test.

I don't get the bit about being pinged needing PCR test either. The track and trace app isn't linked to the NHS app, it can't be as it's anonymous data collection

lastly I hadn't heard that there had been a rule change regarding needing proof of booster jab to show full vaccination status. afaik it's still 14 days since second jab = fully vaccinated
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #8586 on: Friday, November 12, 2021, 21:44:25 »

you don't need lft to travel to Spain?

You got any taste back yet🤔

So, give no fucks
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #8587 on: Friday, November 12, 2021, 21:45:08 »

Quote from: Jimmy Quimm
got any taste back yet🤔

yup, not full taste though, muted
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #8588 on: Saturday, November 13, 2021, 03:40:29 »

I see Netherlands are going close to a full lockdown again, if they try that here I’d like to think everyone would rebel against it.

Usual doom mongers like Independent SAGE are demanding Plan B here but looking at the likes of Germany and the other home nations shows that’s utterly pointless so hope Boris shows some balls for once and stands his ground. Going back to the vaccine I don’t see how we can do anything but carry on with Plan A, we were told the vaccination was the way out of this, that’s why I accepted it, if they start introducing restrictions again people will be less inclined to get jabbed as they’ll see it as pointless and there’s no end game.
The problem for Boris is that every disastrous decision they made during the crisis was always branded as ‘following the scientific advice’. To now ignore it when it suits him lays those decisions bare.

No matter how hopeless the opposition, I can’t see Bozo getting re-elected. Surely the people have seen through the bombast.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #8589 on: Saturday, November 13, 2021, 06:58:01 »

The opposition have never been as weak but who is there to topple Borris even though he's a loose cannon!

So, give no fucks
NotHarryAgombar

Ignore
« Reply #8590 on: Saturday, November 13, 2021, 09:39:29 »

I suspect his own party will sack him at some point - plenty of traditional tories are getting cheesed off about the way they are trying to keep the 2019 “red wall” lot onside, and a lot of the 2019 intake were unhappy about the Paterson vote business.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #8591 on: Saturday, November 13, 2021, 09:40:49 »

Yes you're probably right and plenty of unrest within the party simmering away!

So, give no fucks
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #8592 on: Saturday, November 13, 2021, 11:34:15 »

yup, not full taste though, muted

I think I'm getting a little taste back but I'm a few days behind now you!

So, give no fucks
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #8593 on: Saturday, November 13, 2021, 11:38:53 »

Chaos on the streets in Holland as total lockdown enforced!

So, give no fucks
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #8594 on: Saturday, November 13, 2021, 14:35:05 »

The problem for Boris is that every disastrous decision they made during the crisis was always branded as ‘following the scientific advice’. To now ignore it when it suits him lays those decisions bare.

No matter how hopeless the opposition, I can’t see Bozo getting re-elected. Surely the people have seen through the bombast.
Starmer has come across as even more incompetent than Boris though and with Labour so divided they have zero chance at the next election. As for scientific advice, which version? A lot of the NHS problems now are as a result of lockdowns and restrictions so bringing in restrictions because of the compounds effect of restrictions is beyond nonsensical.
Pages: 1 ... 570 571 572 [573] 574 575 576 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: