Pages: 1 ... 547 548 549 [550] 551 552 553 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1217226 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #8235 on: Tuesday, July 6, 2021, 11:21:52 »

I know Fred Fairbrass quite well, had a few beers with him and hes a decent bloke.

I have spoken to him about his views and had arguments as I very much disagree with most of the shit he comes out with, he seems to have taken on the mantra of being the head "anti masker" in the public eye.

No idea why he thinks there is such a conspiracy but he does and it annoys me a fair bit.

This is bringing out the inner conspiracy theorist in a hell of a lot of people, from my social media circle alone the paranoia and tin foil hat wearing is reaching almost flat earth proportions from people who were previously pretty benign on most matters.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #8236 on: Tuesday, July 6, 2021, 11:33:08 »

I see that they have both become quite fat, perhaps if they had worn masks more often they wouldn't be able to put so much cake or chips into their grotesque mouths.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #8237 on: Tuesday, July 6, 2021, 11:34:30 »

I see that they have both become quite fat, perhaps if they had worn masks more often they wouldn't be able to put so much cake or chips into their grotesque mouths.

So not too sexy any more?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #8238 on: Tuesday, July 6, 2021, 11:37:49 »

Does he still talk to you if you wear a mask?
Nope, he blanks any mask wearers, I won't chat to him again until this has all blown over, I have no need for confrontation.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #8239 on: Tuesday, July 6, 2021, 11:38:09 »

I have been wearing masks every day for work and I fucking hate it, the day I don’t have to I will be taking it off.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #8240 on: Tuesday, July 6, 2021, 11:39:28 »

Nope, he blanks any mask wearers, I won't chat to him again until this has all blown over, I have no need for confrontation.

That appears to be very odd behaviour.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #8241 on: Tuesday, July 6, 2021, 11:48:47 »

That actually made me laugh out loud

Nothing to see here
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #8242 on: Tuesday, July 6, 2021, 11:53:01 »

That appears to be very odd behaviour.
Odd is indeed one way of saying it, he can get very aggressive at times too, he never used to be this much of a twat pre lockdown.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #8243 on: Tuesday, July 6, 2021, 11:58:01 »

Odd is indeed one way of saying it, he can get very aggressive at times too, he never used to be this much of a twat pre lockdown.

All joking aside, he could be suffering mentally so probably need to cut him some slack. Hopefully if that is the case he gets the help he needs.

RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #8244 on: Tuesday, July 6, 2021, 12:55:22 »

I noted some Doctors have started suggesting that mask wearing should be common place in medical settings in the future.  There is plenty to take from the SE Asian cultures, and as previously noted, they are really not that different from the Western world deciding to stop chucking it's piss and shit on the street or spitting near other people.  It's a common courtesy thing - don't spread what you have/might have.

You can be sensible with it - clearly wearing them in private establishments is not something that can be Govt determined in the future, and if a worry about catching something is your primary concern you'd probably give a nightclub a miss anyway.  However, public transport is there for the common good and as such, it's not too much to ask for a bit, and certainly not an issue if some people feel the need to travel wearing one, surely?
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #8245 on: Tuesday, July 6, 2021, 13:02:51 »

I don't get why people get so angry and abusive about people wearing masks, labelling them as sheep etc.  You have people wearing other genders clothes, inflatable dinousar outfits and even ridiculous things like Oxford Shirts and people don't even bat an eyelid these days...  why is it a problem if somebody chooses to wear a covering over their mouths and noses..

The world has gone bonkers

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #8246 on: Tuesday, July 6, 2021, 13:09:33 »

People are generally quite dismissive of Nudists as well, odd.  Either cover everything up or not at all, in-between stages of clothing are purely subjective and pointless.
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #8247 on: Tuesday, July 6, 2021, 13:12:40 »

Been doing regular tests this week after half of old town pinged to isolate over the weekend, and know of at least two positive cases.

Same weekend one of my bar staff friends got lumped for telling some cunt he had to wear a mask whilst walking round the pub. She's fine but what a prick.

Obviously anyone who lumps barstaff is a cunt, but if these people have to work in these situations, anyone giving any hassle for being made to wear a mask in a pub can absolutely cunt off.
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #8248 on: Tuesday, July 6, 2021, 13:14:50 »

At a guess I reckon half the people will continue to wear masks and the other half will stop. As long as everyone respects each other’s choice there will be no problem.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #8249 on: Tuesday, July 6, 2021, 13:45:40 »

At a guess I reckon half the people will continue to wear masks and the other half will stop. As long as everyone respects each other’s choice there will be no problem.

I think Mr Fred shows that this won't be the case - although an isolated example, you see more and more examples of it every day

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Pages: 1 ... 547 548 549 [550] 551 552 553 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: