Pages: 1 ... 542 543 544 [545] 546 547 548 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1217043 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #8160 on: Tuesday, June 29, 2021, 09:09:07 »

Yep. Second jab to go, but after that I’m happy to take any supposed risk and those that don’t want to get vaccinated can do the same. Fuck ‘em.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #8161 on: Tuesday, June 29, 2021, 09:11:41 »

I've had the jabs. Those are my precautions.

Once enough of us are jabbed, life has to return to normal.

Absolutely

People can carry on living in fear if they wish but not for me, normality beckons when everyone who wants to be double jabbed has been done

Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #8162 on: Tuesday, June 29, 2021, 09:50:43 »

Absolutely

People can carry on living in fear if they wish but not for me, normality beckons when everyone who wants to be double jabbed has been done

This is where unconcious division is rife at the moment and what we are going to see more of as we come out of this.  Not a criticism but why do you think that people that want to continue taking precautions are "living in fear"?  The majority of those people will see it as doing the responsible thing, better safe than sorry for the slight inconvenience of wearing a mask or observing social distancing occaisionally.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #8163 on: Tuesday, June 29, 2021, 09:58:50 »

This is where unconcious division is rife at the moment and what we are going to see more of as we come out of this.  Not a criticism but why do you think that people that want to continue taking precautions are "living in fear"?  The majority of those people will see it as doing the responsible thing, better safe than sorry for the slight inconvenience of wearing a mask or observing social distancing occaisionally.

This appears to be the way of the world at the moment these days. It's similar to the 'woke/snowflake' vs 'gammon' division.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Flashheart

« Reply #8164 on: Tuesday, June 29, 2021, 09:59:16 »

I don't live in fear. I do all the things I would usually do, only with a mask on.

I might avoid certain places if there's likely to be large crowds, but even then I'm not living in fear. I'm just choosing to do something else instead.

'Living in fear' is a term that's been created to try and belittle people who wear masks. It's actually quite childish.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, June 29, 2021, 10:02:24 by Flashheart » Logged
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #8165 on: Tuesday, June 29, 2021, 10:03:39 »

Well it’s not because wearing a mask currently is very sensible until everyone is jabbed and it hopefully just becomes another virus that is just knocking around in the background with minimal impact
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #8166 on: Tuesday, June 29, 2021, 10:06:08 »

I don't live in fear. I do all the things I would usually do, only with a mask on.

I might avoid certain places if there's likely to be large crowds, but even then I'm not living in fear. I'm just choosing to do something else instead.

'Living in fear' is a term that's been created to try and belittle people who wear masks. It's actually quite childish.

Agreed

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #8167 on: Tuesday, June 29, 2021, 10:07:20 »

Agreed
2nded.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #8168 on: Tuesday, June 29, 2021, 10:29:23 »

I don't like the "living in fear" argument I would just personally rather not distance or wear masks. For me that's not living. If people want to continue to do that I'm fine with it, I can live life my way and they can do theirs. I was happy with lockdown, stayed inside, wore masks and distanced but now its nearly done we need some sanity back. The vulnerable and elderly are vaccinated, most adults will be vaccinated very soon. Some normality please!
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #8169 on: Tuesday, June 29, 2021, 10:36:44 »

I don't like the "living in fear" argument I would just personally rather not distance or wear masks. For me that's not living. If people want to continue to do that I'm fine with it, I can live life my way and they can do theirs. I was happy with lockdown, stayed inside, wore masks and distanced but now its nearly done we need some sanity back. The vulnerable and elderly are vaccinated, most adults will be vaccinated very soon. Some normality please!

Exactly, and I agree.  Just pointing out that peoples views are very devisive at the moment, even if they don't realise it.  I don't get why it matters so much to people that some folks want to act in a differnet way to them, and if they don't they get accused of living in fear or being irresponsible.  In the same way that we need to get used to living with the virus, I think some people need to remember how to live with each other also..
« Last Edit: Tuesday, June 29, 2021, 10:39:19 by Berniman » Logged

Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #8170 on: Tuesday, June 29, 2021, 11:40:12 »

Living in fear and living cautiously are two different things.

It’s certainly around for a while yet.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #8171 on: Tuesday, June 29, 2021, 12:24:53 »

Well it’s not because wearing a mask currently is very sensible until everyone is jabbed and it hopefully just becomes another virus that is just knocking around in the background with minimal impact

This was my point about people in SE.  Flu causes somewhere around 500k deaths a year Globally and Respiratory diseases account for top numbers in most countries every year.  Even with everyone vaccinated, which will take a couple of years globally, "normal" is twice as more likely to die of a respiratory disease/virus than it was before, so people wearing masks may actually be a sensible societal norm for the future.  Like not spitting or shitting in the street - two changes in Western Societal behaviour that had impacts on life expectancy - Cholera, Diphtheria, TB etc.

Why would we want to go back to "normal"?  Why can't people adapt and continue life in new ways if they so choose, many for the better of humanity.

I've not had to drive 45 miles to an office for over a year, loved it.  No intention of reverting to my half and half working weeks as it was before.

Some people may well decide wearing a mask when a little ill but able to carry on as "normal" is a good idea to protect others.  What you have may not kill someone, but it  might, and even if it didn't, isn't it polite not to give it to them?

Workplaces may wake-up to the idea that creating cultures where sick people come to work is not a good idea.  Even if they don't allow full time Work from Home, why not if people are a bit sick but could still work and have the ability to do that from home, or better yet, people take time off to avoid passing shit on.  Again, I dare people to show me a workplace that would want someone in the office with Leprosy (despite it being perfectly treatable these days).

Also, you'd like to think we've learned some stuff about personal space and hygiene - some people feel really uncomfortable when you stand under their nose even without a Pandemic and washing your hands when you have the gift of free flowing clean water in your country is just polite.
Hunk

« Reply #8172 on: Tuesday, June 29, 2021, 15:36:34 »

I’ll continue to wear a mask even when it’s not required. In a normal year I get three nasty colds like clockwork, and yet since the pandemic I’ve not had as much as a sniffle which cannot be coincidence. But I won’t be looking down on people that choose not to either. Although I do think the message of considering ones own personal hygiene as an extension of other people’s safety should remain strong (such as religiously washing hands to an extent that was not the norm before). Hopefully the non-mandating of these kind of things won’t stop us learning certain lessons. But, people are free to live their lives in their own way as long as they aren’t breaking any laws in doing so
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #8173 on: Tuesday, June 29, 2021, 15:51:22 »

I’ll continue to wear a mask even when it’s not required. In a normal year I get three nasty colds like clockwork, and yet since the pandemic I’ve not had as much as a sniffle which cannot be coincidence. But I won’t be looking down on people that choose not to either. Although I do think the message of considering ones own personal hygiene as an extension of other people’s safety should remain strong (such as religiously washing hands to an extent that was not the norm before). Hopefully the non-mandating of these kind of things won’t stop us learning certain lessons. But, people are free to live their lives in their own way as long as they aren’t breaking any laws in doing so

This is the thing, when we lived in Lancaster, Lancaster Uni had a pretty large student population originating from the far east, the vast majority of whom wore masks every day (years before COVID times), I think its something that has been given some credit for the way its been contained over there compared to here is that there was no fighting social norms to deal with. 
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #8174 on: Tuesday, June 29, 2021, 19:19:16 »

Even if you have had the jabs, doesn't mean you cannot catch it. Everyone needs to take precautions.

Yes, we know you can still catch it. We also know before the jabs the best part of the adult population would either die or take up much needed ICU beds before they died or be totally fucked for weeks once they recovered from something that turned out to be more than ‘just flu’. We now know that if you’re double jabbed you are less likely to pass it on too.
Pages: 1 ... 542 543 544 [545] 546 547 548 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: