Pages: 1 ... 488 489 490 [491] 492 493 494 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1217494 times)

Ignore
« Reply #7350 on: Sunday, February 14, 2021, 15:25:57 »

Schools will be first to open when they should be the last. Just look at the cases graph from September onwards to see why. Kids being kids will spread it again just like they did then.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #7351 on: Sunday, February 14, 2021, 15:29:29 »

Schools will be first to open when they should be the last. Just look at the cases graph from September onwards to see why. Kids being kids will spread it again just like they did then.
At the very least, they have to vaccinate teachers and school staff before they reopen schools surely? #JabSippo
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #7352 on: Sunday, February 14, 2021, 15:36:49 »

I can't see why the schools couldn't wait to open until after Easter ass it seems pointless for two weeks

So, give no fucks
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #7353 on: Sunday, February 14, 2021, 15:37:00 »

At the very least, they have to vaccinate teachers and school staff before they reopen schools surely? #JabSippo

Why should school teachers get vacinated before they go back? The science is that teachers are no more at risk according to the ONS.  

I would much prefer that over 50's are vacinated and actually follow the science.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #7354 on: Sunday, February 14, 2021, 15:43:06 »

Quote from: Jimmy Quinn
I can't see why the schools couldn't wait to open until after Easter ass it seems pointless for two weeks

Johnson opened them for 1 day after Christmas. Logic doesn't come into it.

politically they will say 'opened at the very earliest opportunity' as some kind of badge of honour.

I'd like to see the hospitalisation stats react to the virus program. It may be already, but not seen the stats anywhere
Hunk

« Reply #7355 on: Sunday, February 14, 2021, 15:49:59 »

Why should school teachers get vacinated before they go back? The science is that teachers are no more at risk according to the ONS.  

I would much prefer that over 50's are vacinated and actually follow the science.

My take is that teachers should be vaccinated not because they are at personal risk of getting ill more than anyone else, but because they are in constant close contact with a vast number of children, who tend to be asymptotic and are notoriously terrible at personal hygiene. It’s about their risk of becoming super spreaders if they catch it and pass it on rather than because they are an ‘at risk’ group in and of themselves
« Last Edit: Sunday, February 14, 2021, 15:54:54 by Hunk » Logged
Hunk

« Reply #7356 on: Sunday, February 14, 2021, 15:54:06 »

Agreed. Opening for one solitary day in January was a huge and completely avoidable blunder. We all knew schools were about to shut, even though it hadn’t been formally announced, yet they did it anyway. Is opening for two weeks in March really worth the risk?
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #7357 on: Sunday, February 14, 2021, 17:34:28 »

"A reverse ferret"...

Fucking dick. As has been said, it should be data driven not date driven. I'm beginning to wonder when these meetings with SAGE are actually conducted or when they are if the people who are meant to attend, actually are attending?!

He's so desperate to be seen as a national hero.

Signs on entering England will soon say...

Welcome to England - The Banana Republic & Perpetual Yo-Yo Nation.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Panda Paws

« Reply #7358 on: Sunday, February 14, 2021, 17:43:09 »

What data? Hospitalisations the key metric I guess, given the whole goal is to reduce the strain on the NHS, not eradicate the virus.
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #7359 on: Sunday, February 14, 2021, 22:25:11 »

Agreed. Opening for one solitary day in January was a huge and completely avoidable blunder. We all knew schools were about to shut, even though it hadn’t been formally announced, yet they did it anyway. Is opening for two weeks in March really worth the risk?

You could argue to keep schools closed until Sept? We still have over 3 weeks until they might go back, so the data is likely to improve singificantly. 

In England we are below the 1st peek for people in hospital, which is a big drop from where we were.
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #7360 on: Monday, February 15, 2021, 09:52:21 »

My other half works in childcare, their head office sent an email last week saying that early years staff had been added to the list of professions allowed to book their jab, so she's booked one for later in the week. Over the weekend, some other early years staff from elsewhere in the country have had their jab, and then been contacted to say they have jumped the queue and been fined Ł250, but many others haven't. No clear guidance, she's rung the booking number and they weren't sure either.

Sgt.Slaughter

« Reply #7361 on: Monday, February 15, 2021, 10:21:09 »

We share our time between Tenerife and London, and I tested positive for Covid last March at our villa and tested positive again last month at our home in London, I had mild symptoms both times, whether this was down to different strains who knows, but I have since found quite a few reports of international travellers getting Covid twice, and personally I would not be relying on the vaccine in its current form to provide long term protection. 
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #7362 on: Monday, February 15, 2021, 10:25:13 »

We share our time between Tenerife and London, and I tested positive for Covid last March at our villa and tested positive again last month at our home in London, I had mild symptoms both times, whether this was down to different strains who knows, but I have since found quite a few reports of international travellers getting Covid twice, and personally I would not be relying on the vaccine in its current form to provide long term protection. 

What were your symptoms

So, give no fucks
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #7363 on: Monday, February 15, 2021, 10:38:11 »

Israel:
The data, which was based on a study of 1,200,000 people – 600,000 who received the vaccine and 600,000 who did not – showed 94% fewer symptomatic coronavirus cases and 92% fewer cases of serious illness among those who were vaccinated.
____
we need the vaccines to reduce deaths. you had 10 months between infections which is actually quite good! may need 1 or 2 jabs a year
Sgt.Slaughter

« Reply #7364 on: Monday, February 15, 2021, 10:42:30 »

What were your symptoms

Mainly a cough, high temperature and an extraordinary need to sleep, a little bit like how you feel after reading one of JBZ’s posts.
Pages: 1 ... 488 489 490 [491] 492 493 494 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: