Pages: 1 ... 487 488 489 [490] 491 492 493 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1217056 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #7335 on: Thursday, February 11, 2021, 09:20:12 »

My father went into the Great Western Hospital on the 9th December after a fall - he's getting on a bit so these things happen.

17 days ago, I was informed he had COVID 19.  Today my wife came with me to say goodbye to him. He's now getting palliative care from a superb team.  PLEASE, PLEASE EVERYONE take this seriously, it's here, it's not fake news and it's a killer..

Sorry about your news Bathford. Best wishes fella.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #7336 on: Thursday, February 11, 2021, 15:11:57 »

A bit of added context and realness brought to us all, unfortunately via Bathford's saddening news.

We all know (or bloody well should do) that it this bastard virus is every bit real and incredibly deadly, especially to the more vulnerable and seemingly from time to time quite randomly with the fit and well (undiagnosed conditions aside).

The same thoughts are mirrored here to you Bathy, as others shown in their own way. Sincerest of wishes mate.

Maybe some will be a little less selfish in their eagerness to come out of lockdown aggressively. I think many of us are bloody fed up whilst finding the detrimental impacts of "limiting choice" and our perceived freedom becoming reduced. I can see Theakston's frustrations and I don't think deep down they are as selfish as maybe their post's regarding covid comes across. They are generally an intelligent contributor but I do feel the restrictions are clouding their thought process slightly?! This is at no detriment to them or anyone else who feels this way but you have got to try and pull through this time; which is easier said than done. Think of those who genuinely haven't been able to go out when the lockdowns have been eased. I'm sure they are keener than the keenest mustard to go for a day trip somewhere or see and hug/kiss/hold the hands of their loved ones.

Of course, if you really must "tailor" your own set of lockdown restrictions to suit, then you're going to anyway. I'm sure you will do so with some form of tact, whereby it limits your interaction with complete strangers/those you know who are vulnerable (at least I bloody well hope so). To not, would be most selfish of all and then those people genuinely don't have any sympathy.

And this is where others here are then trying to get their point across, in terms of "doing as asked" or "sticking to the rules" (as best as can be interpreted). Unfortunately, there are a lot of our species that are incredibly stupid. Mixed with heightened selfishness, this makes a volatile cocktail. I don't think anyone puts the likes of theakston in that kind of bracket, that would be unfair but because there are a good chunk (I honestly don't know any figures but the amount "stupid" seen posted on social media, in public and in general is enough to tell me there is a 'good chunk' of stupid around. Even pre-covid) of idiots amongst our species then of course, there has to be some form of blueprint that comes with punishment if not adhered to.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Hunk

« Reply #7337 on: Friday, February 12, 2021, 14:47:58 »

R number down to between 0.7 and 0.9:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-56041029
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #7338 on: Friday, February 12, 2021, 14:55:31 »

Pleasingly our area has turned white on the inflections map.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #7339 on: Friday, February 12, 2021, 15:16:36 »

Sorry to hear your news, Bathford.  There is indeed a painfully real side to Covid that has not touched us all uniformly.  Thoughts are with you and your family.
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #7340 on: Friday, February 12, 2021, 17:46:38 »

R number down to between 0.7 and 0.9:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-56041029

Sweet the lockdown is working. We should end the lockdown
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #7341 on: Friday, February 12, 2021, 17:54:19 »

Swindon passes 10k positive tests (cumulitive).

the rate is indeed dropping fast
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #7342 on: Friday, February 12, 2021, 18:19:42 »

Just watching the news about the hotel quarantine.

In Oz - not allowed out of your room
In UK - allowed out of your room to exercise

Just what is the fucking point if you are allowed out? 
« Last Edit: Friday, February 12, 2021, 18:28:05 by tans » Logged
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #7343 on: Friday, February 12, 2021, 19:57:19 »

My father went into the Great Western Hospital on the 9th December after a fall - he's getting on a bit so these things happen.

17 days ago, I was informed he had COVID 19.  Today my wife came with me to say goodbye to him. He's now getting palliative care from a superb team.  PLEASE, PLEASE EVERYONE take this seriously, it's here, it's not fake news and it's a killer..
Sorry to hear this mate
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #7344 on: Sunday, February 14, 2021, 12:21:03 »

This govt never ever learns, even from the catastrophic mistakes of the last 12 months, all the deaths, all the suffering, all the hardship, all the damage to people's livelihoolds

https://twitter.com/PippaCrerar/status/1360891186060414976

So hope this isn't true
Panda Paws

« Reply #7345 on: Sunday, February 14, 2021, 12:37:39 »

How long should we wait?

Edit. Not a loaded question. Interested in opinions. I've seen lots of criticism, but not many counter solutions.
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #7346 on: Sunday, February 14, 2021, 13:09:07 »

This govt never ever learns, even from the catastrophic mistakes of the last 12 months, all the deaths, all the suffering, all the hardship, all the damage to people's livelihoolds

https://twitter.com/PippaCrerar/status/1360891186060414976

So hope this isn't true

I'm not saying I support all schools going back at once but we are in a very different place to the first lockdown. 

With the vaccine roll out being in place a lot less people will be at risk, as of now 6.8m of the most vunerable people are being protected against hospitalisation (3 weeks after vaccination), with it increasing by c3m a week.

Which will reduce the deaths/hospitalisation against what happened after the first lock down.  The number of people in hospital is reducing faster as a % in the last few weeks than in the first lockdown.

Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #7347 on: Sunday, February 14, 2021, 14:21:01 »

Yes the hospital figures are coming down but no where near where they should be. If lockdown is eased too soon cases will rise again.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #7348 on: Sunday, February 14, 2021, 14:34:04 »

If lockdown is lifted at any point, cases are going to rise, so what was your point?  My point was that we can't use lock down 1 as the reference, as things are different
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #7349 on: Sunday, February 14, 2021, 15:22:36 »

How long should we wait?

Edit. Not a loaded question. Interested in opinions. I've seen lots of criticism, but not many counter solutions.
It's not a time question. It needs to be driven by the data and the scientific advice, not arbitrary dates like "open up for Easter" and "saving Christmas" and that kind of bollocks. All that does is cost thousands of deaths, leads to further waves, greatly increases the chance of more vaccine-resistant variants developing and in the end leads to more and longer lockdowns anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 487 488 489 [490] 491 492 493 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: