Pages: 1 ... 479 480 481 [482] 483 484 485 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1217134 times)
normy

Ignore
« Reply #7215 on: Wednesday, February 3, 2021, 12:04:41 »

I had my first Pfizer jab yesterday, but they didn't fill in my card with the second one. I understand the wait is now 11-12 weeks, so I'll have to re-apply I guess unles I'm contacted about it.

ust be the oldest
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #7216 on: Wednesday, February 3, 2021, 12:06:25 »

Fucking hell. Dido Harding has just told the House of Commons select committee on Health "none of us could predict that there would be variants of the coronavirus". This is literally what viruses, every virus, everywhere, ever, do. They mutate. My lad knows that from doing GCSE Biology. The fucking dogs in the street know that. If she genuinely didn't know that, and she's not just flat out lying like the shitshow govt she's employed by, it's one more reason she shouldn't have been anywhere near the COVID response. That alone should be a resignation matter. Absolutely jawdropping
Flashheart

« Reply #7217 on: Wednesday, February 3, 2021, 12:11:56 »

Fucking hell. Dido Harding has just told the House of Commons select committee on Health "none of us could predict that there would be variants of the coronavirus". This is literally what viruses, every virus, everywhere, ever, do. They mutate. My lad knows that from doing GCSE Biology. The fucking dogs in the street know that. If she genuinely didn't know that, and she's not just flat out lying like the shitshow govt she's employed by, it's one more reason she shouldn't have been anywhere near the COVID response. That alone should be a resignation matter. Absolutely jawdropping

She must have known.

But they know they can get away with lying - so why tell the truth?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #7218 on: Wednesday, February 3, 2021, 12:13:25 »

She must have known.

But they know they can get away with lying - so why tell the truth?
Ordinarily I'd agree. But she is extraordinarily stupid.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #7219 on: Wednesday, February 3, 2021, 12:17:55 »

Ordinarily I'd agree. But she is extraordinarily stupid.

Why is it stupid.

She can lie with impunity and nothing happens, she plainly isn't stupid but as with all members of government and their mates being seen to be thick is no longer an embarrassment so say the first thing that comes into head and bat the question away.
Hunk

« Reply #7220 on: Wednesday, February 3, 2021, 12:37:30 »

Could she have meant to say they didn’t know how it would mutate? If she didn’t misspeak I agree that is a scarily misinformed thing to say given her position.
Flashheart

« Reply #7221 on: Wednesday, February 3, 2021, 12:39:53 »

Could she have meant to say they didn’t know how it would mutate?

She might have done, but that's even more reason to be as prepared as possible if/when mutations do occur.
Hunk

« Reply #7222 on: Wednesday, February 3, 2021, 12:44:38 »

She might have done, but that's even more reason to be as prepared as possible if/when mutations do occur.

Very true. Inept thing to say one way or the other
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #7223 on: Wednesday, February 3, 2021, 13:14:04 »

Could she have meant to say they didn’t know how it would mutate? If she didn’t misspeak I agree that is a scarily misinformed thing to say given her position.
No, she's said it before in press briefings, as has Hancock. It's the party line on not accepting responsibility for the second wave which is looking likely to be more lethal than the first, despite having had even more time to prepare for it.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #7224 on: Wednesday, February 3, 2021, 13:30:49 »

Much as I have immense respect for Captain Tom Moore and what he achieved in the final year of his life, the instruction from towsle-haired tosser Boris Johnson to stand on my doorstep and clap for him to show my appreciation doesn't sit right at all.  We're not primary school children; and I'm not going to allow Johnson to claim any reflected glory/association with the brilliant efforts of Captain Tom.

Shut it, Johnson.  And get on with your job.  108,000 and counting.  Your watch.
Flashheart

« Reply #7225 on: Wednesday, February 3, 2021, 13:32:29 »

the instruction from towsle-haired tosser Boris Johnson to stand on my doorstep and clap for him to show my appreciation doesn't sit right at all. 

I find it offensive.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #7226 on: Wednesday, February 3, 2021, 13:41:20 »

No, she's said it before in press briefings, as has Hancock. It's the party line on not accepting responsibility for the second wave which is looking likely to be more lethal than the first, despite having had even more time to prepare for it.

I think second wave deaths have already exceed 1st wave ones.

Much as it pains me to say, and its a small thing, but at least I get the impression of the gravity of the shit show is becoming clear to Mancock, he looks genuinely haunted most of the time and at least shows some humility, Johnson is just a wanker without basic humility as his response re Tom Moore yesterday just reinforced. 
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #7227 on: Wednesday, February 3, 2021, 14:31:55 »

Amazing:  can you link or otherwise give a pointer to that quote?
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #7228 on: Wednesday, February 3, 2021, 14:59:41 »

Amazing:  can you link or otherwise give a pointer to that quote?

Direct quote (taken from 10.45 on here https://www.theguardian.com/politics/live/2021/feb/03/uk-covid-live-coronavirus-hancock-england-hotel-quarantine-plans-arrivals-coronavirus-vaccine-brexit-latest-updates?page=with:block-601a7e2f8f08c315844c8fc8#block-601a7e2f8f08c315844c8fc8 ) is

'It’s entirely understandable that everyone wants there to be a single, clear and straightforward route out of the Covid crisis. I think it’s very tempting to view ... that test and trace stands single-handedly to prevent the virus spreading, and lockdowns coming.

But actually we are part of an overall system ... Test and trace is only one of the elements that enables us to fight Covid. We are not the single silver bullet.

Between that business plan being published and us going into the lockdown that we are in now, we’ve seen the virus mutate. We have seen the new variant emerge, which was something that none of us were able to predict.'

Now giving possible benefit of the doubt she may have been trying to say that they could not predict what the new variant would entail, but who knows.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, February 3, 2021, 15:02:40 by horlock07 » Logged
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #7229 on: Wednesday, February 3, 2021, 15:04:42 »

Amazing:  can you link or otherwise give a pointer to that quote?
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/live/2021/feb/03/uk-covid-live-coronavirus-hancock-england-hotel-quarantine-plans-arrivals-coronavirus-vaccine-brexit-latest-updates?page=with:block-601a7e2f8f08c315844c8fc8#block-601a7e2f8f08c315844c8fc8
Pages: 1 ... 479 480 481 [482] 483 484 485 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: