Pages: 1 ... 478 479 480 [481] 482 483 484 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1217170 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #7200 on: Monday, February 1, 2021, 15:44:38 »

As noted previously the two bits which are going 'well' are the vaccine programme and the the care of people in hospitals, what do they they in common, they are both NHS led and not outsourced to the governments mates.
It's almost as if entrusting something really important to actual experts in their field works better than simply funnelling a load of money out to your mates. Ironically, it is the Business Minister who was put in charge of the vaccination programme who wisely stepped back and let the NHS get on with doing their job whereas the Health Minister decided Track and Trace would be best farmed out to private businesses with no experience or expertise in the sector.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #7201 on: Monday, February 1, 2021, 18:21:30 »

So a neighbour had a party. Over Friday night until Saturday afternoon. Reported twice online. Rang 101. Nothing came of it, no police nothing. Angry to say the least.

I'm not a grass but they do this on a regular basis.

Do you live in Haydon Wick?

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/19054923.23-revellers-hit-covid-fines-worth-18-000-haydon-wick-birthday-party/
Hunk

« Reply #7202 on: Wednesday, February 3, 2021, 09:58:00 »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-55913913

So it would appear that the Oxford vaccine not only protects the person who gets the jab but also stops it from spreading. Could be another game changer if right.

Also the same article says that a single dose offers 76% protection for three months, that there is no drop in protection during the three months and that the booster is actually more effective if administered three months later as opposed to three weeks. All of which surely vindicates the decision to delay the booster jab to give more people the first. Anybody interpret that differently from me?
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #7203 on: Wednesday, February 3, 2021, 10:02:46 »

Nope. Seems to be on the money.

Don’t tell Macron, though!
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #7204 on: Wednesday, February 3, 2021, 10:02:56 »

I do, but not near there thankfully. That really would have made my blood boil.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...

Ignore
« Reply #7205 on: Wednesday, February 3, 2021, 10:05:52 »

Shows how stupid some people are, to think they can have loads of people round, have a BBQ and not get grassed up in these times.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #7206 on: Wednesday, February 3, 2021, 10:17:00 »

Shows how stupid some people are, to think they can have loads of people round, have a BBQ and not get grassed up in these times.

stupid and selfish.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #7207 on: Wednesday, February 3, 2021, 10:23:17 »

Just had a text of a mate. He has tested positive. Felt rough on friday with sweats, went to bed and only got up today. He did all his shopping online, worked from home and only went out to drop his child off at nursery twice a week. He thought it was the end.

Scary times.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #7208 on: Wednesday, February 3, 2021, 10:28:00 »

So it would appear that the Oxford vaccine not only protects the person who gets the jab but also stops it from spreading. Could be another game changer if right.

Also the same article says that a single dose offers 76% protection for three months, that there is no drop in protection during the three months and that the booster is actually more effective if administered three months later as opposed to three weeks. All of which surely vindicates the decision to delay the booster jab to give more people the first. Anybody interpret that differently from me?

Good news but there isn’t evidence to suggest the same with Pfizer yet (on either count), which is the only vaccine people have had so far
Panda Paws

« Reply #7209 on: Wednesday, February 3, 2021, 10:41:07 »

How do we know what vaccines are currently in circulation? I thought both the AZ one and the Pfizer one were out there now?
Hunk

« Reply #7210 on: Wednesday, February 3, 2021, 10:59:56 »

Good news but there isn’t evidence to suggest the same with Pfizer yet (on either count), which is the only vaccine people have had so far

The Oxford vaccine is out there. Had a brief look but haven’t been able to find numbers, but here’s the first guy to have got it:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/amp/uk-55525542
Hunk

« Reply #7211 on: Wednesday, February 3, 2021, 11:08:26 »

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/amp/health-55910964

This says nearly ten million vaccines have been administered in total but no breakdown on how many are Pfizer and how many are Oxford. Surprised that no breakdowns are available, as far as I can find anyway
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #7212 on: Wednesday, February 3, 2021, 11:18:48 »

Very good news on the suppression of transmission especially.
Chunkyhair

Ignore
« Reply #7213 on: Wednesday, February 3, 2021, 11:24:10 »

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/amp/health-55910964

This says nearly ten million vaccines have been administered in total but no breakdown on how many are Pfizer and how many are Oxford. Surprised that no breakdowns are available, as far as I can find anyway

Don't know the breakdown but my Dad got the Oxford Vaccine about three weeks ago (lives in Warwickshire). Mrs Chunkyhair has had the Pzfizer vaccine at Swindon Vax centre also about 3 weeks ago.

No one kills a thread like me....
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #7214 on: Wednesday, February 3, 2021, 11:34:15 »

Based entirely on anecdotal evidence no one I know has has the Oxford one yet, its all be Pfizer to date and that's in the NE. NW, Oxfordshire and Herts.

Which does seem a little strange, albeit I am not aware of anyone really giving a shit which on they are given.
Pages: 1 ... 478 479 480 [481] 482 483 484 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: