Pages: 1 ... 451 452 453 [454] 455 456 457 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1217361 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #6795 on: Monday, January 4, 2021, 13:04:50 »

They're increasingly locking down in Thailand now after a spate of cases. The kids are off school until the end of the month.

The covidiots are out in force. 'Why the lockdown when there's only been xxx cases?'

The lockdown's to stop that number from shooting up, cretin. And I don't mean somebody is a cretin for not wanting a lockdown, but the question is very cretinous indeed.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #6796 on: Monday, January 4, 2021, 13:13:54 »

Wish they would bloody make their mind up round here, County Council wrote to DFE over the weekend asking for permission to close the Primary Schools but that was turned down, now we have certain schools not reopening tomorrow (its an inset day today) due to staff shortages as some staff are following Union (and doctors!) advice not to go in, whilst we have Johnson suggesting that new tougher measures will be needed shortly.

I can see our wee lass going into to school tomorrow and then a lockdown being imposed so she sees her mates for one day and that's bloody it, we are at least lucky in that we both home work so child care can be managed easily, god forbid what it must be like in cases where both parents are working.

Thing is for no of cases (and no/100000) its better in our little bit of Cumbria than its been for weeks, albeit obviously the Christmas spike will royally fuck that up!
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #6797 on: Monday, January 4, 2021, 14:16:28 »

Scotland going into full lockdown at midnight
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #6798 on: Monday, January 4, 2021, 14:19:39 »

Get the Irn Bru in!
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #6799 on: Monday, January 4, 2021, 14:20:09 »

'Mon the Biff!'

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #6800 on: Monday, January 4, 2021, 14:27:59 »

Scotland going into full lockdown at midnight

Johnson being given another masterclass in what leadership actually looks like.  Clear & concise.  Why does he have to dither & delay - every time - before arriving at the same point...just too late?

Actually, we know the answer.  There is no libertarian wing of the SNP for Sturgeon to deal with.  Johnson has at least to pretend to listen to the right wing headbangers in his party like Peter Bone, Francois and Rees-Mogg before bowing to the inevitable.  It wastes so much time, & so many lives.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #6801 on: Monday, January 4, 2021, 14:30:29 »

Johnson being given another masterclass in what leadership actually looks like.  Clear & concise.  Why does he have to dither & delay - every time - before arriving at the same point...just too late?

BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #6802 on: Monday, January 4, 2021, 14:31:43 »

Johnson being given another masterclass in what leadership actually looks like.  Clear & concise.  Why does he have to dither & delay - every time - before arriving at the same point...just too late?

Actually, we know the answer.  There is no libertarian wing of the SNP for Sturgeon to deal with.  Johnson has at least to pretend to listen to the right wing headbangers in his party like Peter Bone, Francois and Rees-Mogg before bowing to the inevitable.  It wastes so much time, & so many lives.

I'm sure whilst he's "listening" though all that is really going on in his head is which variety of suet he wants to stuff his piglet with. Or something.

'Incessant Nonsense'

horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #6803 on: Monday, January 4, 2021, 14:34:56 »

I'm sure whilst he's "listening" though all that is really going on in his head is which variety of suet he wants to stuff his piglet with. Or something.

From the BBC website.

'The number of Covid vaccine doses will amount to “tens of millions by the end of March” Boris Johnson says.

The supply will "ramp up in the weeks ahead", the PM says during a visit to Chase Farm Hospital in north London where people have been receiving the Oxford-AstraZeneca Vaccine.

Johnson says it is “completely untrue” the NHS doesn’t have immediate capacity to administer two million doses a week, but that the issue is “getting them (the batches of vaccines) properly tested”, and “each batch needs to be properly approved and quality controlled”.

Asked when the government would hit giving two million doses a week, he says he will release more details in the next few days, “as soon as we have better numbers to give”.'

Setting aside the question as to why its considered a good idea for him to be traipsing round hospitals having his picture taken (with no doubt the entourage that includes), what does the highlighted bits mean, I wasn't aware that each bath of any medicine had to be specifically tested, approved and quality controlled? .

EDIT - It is apparently broadly correct.
« Last Edit: Monday, January 4, 2021, 14:47:16 by horlock07 » Logged
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #6804 on: Monday, January 4, 2021, 14:35:58 »

Don't be silly, we all know the virus (and it's mutating cousins) just loves to take 5 days off over Christmas. Not once did it think (genuinely can't think though, no nuclei) about thriving during the Christmas period. Was too busy knecking expensive Sherry in an empty Fortnum & Mason's   Cheesy

'Incessant Nonsense'

jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #6805 on: Monday, January 4, 2021, 14:39:57 »

Had a notification that the vaccine is available to all staff @ GWH from next week. Hopefully I will be able to get an appointment.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #6806 on: Monday, January 4, 2021, 14:57:07 »

Boris Johnson addressing the nation at 8pm.

Here comes the lockdown.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #6807 on: Monday, January 4, 2021, 14:59:19 »

Here comes the lockdown.

Even he can't shut the country down at that short notice can he....
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6808 on: Monday, January 4, 2021, 14:59:51 »

Quote from: horlock07

Here comes the lockdown.

"from....."
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #6809 on: Monday, January 4, 2021, 15:07:30 »

"from....."

Know what you mean, its more that Sturgeon announced lockdown at midnight at 2pm, we have got schools opening tomorrow (just had details of what our lass neds to take and she is going to need a bloody transit van for all the clothes etc), now she will be in bed by then so what's the point of her going back for a couple of days?
Pages: 1 ... 451 452 453 [454] 455 456 457 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: