Pages: 1 ... 450 451 452 [453] 454 455 456 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1217286 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #6780 on: Sunday, January 3, 2021, 20:27:43 »

Literally no different to the flu vaccine, which is the same basic vaccine tweaked every year to be effective against the most prevalent strain that winter

Calm down, stop panicking
Exactly this. Although tbf I don't think theakston is panicking he is using this to back the same anti-lockdown agenda he has pursued from the outset. Which in itself is fair enough, but causing unnecessary concern about the efficacy of vaccines (IIRC he is also anti-vax) is a little irresponsible IMO
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #6781 on: Sunday, January 3, 2021, 20:32:38 »

Exactly this. Although tbf I don't think theakston is panicking he is using this to back the same anti-lockdown agenda he has pursued from the outset. Which in itself is fair enough, but causing unnecessary concern about the efficacy of vaccines (IIRC he is also anti-vax) is a little irresponsible IMO
Totally agree.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #6782 on: Sunday, January 3, 2021, 20:39:58 »

Hang on, I don't think theakston2k is an anti-vaxxer?! Is he?! Are you t2k?!  Hmmm

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #6783 on: Sunday, January 3, 2021, 21:00:26 »

Hang on, I don't think theakston2k is an anti-vaxxer?! Is he?! Are you t2k?!  Hmmm
I didn't mean generally - he has previously said he wouldn't take any of the COVID vaccines until they had been in general use for years as he has concerns about possible unknown side-effects etc. Which, again, is a legitimate concern, but difficult to reconcile with an anti-lockdown stance.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #6784 on: Sunday, January 3, 2021, 21:43:30 »

How are France, Italy & Spain coping as we here verŷ little about them these days
Considerably better than we are: we are up there with the US with a near vertical rate of increase

Graphic is from Our World in Data: https://ourworldindata.org/coronavirus#coronavirus-country-profiles
« Last Edit: Sunday, January 3, 2021, 21:45:09 by pauld » Logged
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #6785 on: Sunday, January 3, 2021, 21:49:46 »

Considerably better than we are: we are up there with the US with a near vertical rate of increase

Graphic is from Our World in Data: https://ourworldindata.org/coronavirus#coronavirus-country-profiles

Many thanks for the data.
How an earth are they avoiding it🤔

So, give no fucks
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #6786 on: Sunday, January 3, 2021, 22:32:01 »

I didn't mean generally - he has previously said he wouldn't take any of the COVID vaccines until they had been in general use for years as he has concerns about possible unknown side-effects etc. Which, again, is a legitimate concern, but difficult to reconcile with an anti-lockdown stance.
I don’t agree with lockdowns as the impacts on people’s mental health, other illnesses and people’s general ability to have some kind of quality of life seems to get completely forgotten about. They are on about a new tier 5 now where only 1 hour outside might be allowed, how is that at all healthy?
At the same time I wouldn’t be an early adopter of a vaccine as by the very nature of how quickly it has came out long term side effects aren’t known, I won’t get it until 2022 according to the calculator anyway so doesn’t matter. Both stances aren’t mutually exclusive....

People keep clamouring that we should remain under heavy restrictions until the virus is ‘under control’ or the majority of people are vaccinated. Honestly though, if it takes a prolonged period of time will you continue to put your life on hold indefinitely for another year, maybe more? I’m not ashamed to say my patience is finite and I won’t do that, time is precious and shouldn’t be wasted. If things don’t change in spring hard decisions will need to be made.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #6787 on: Monday, January 4, 2021, 05:59:37 »

Speaking of Spain and their lockdown measures has Mex posted recently?
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #6788 on: Monday, January 4, 2021, 06:52:32 »

Last posted christmas day
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6789 on: Monday, January 4, 2021, 08:33:14 »

Mexs posts have always been a bit sporadic, at least in recent times.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #6790 on: Monday, January 4, 2021, 08:53:46 »

I did a search and he’s been posting about the football mostly.

Just wondered what the conditions are like now in Spain, seen as they had a ‘proper’ lockdown with armed guards and shit first time around.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #6791 on: Monday, January 4, 2021, 09:14:49 »

I think that the government have misinterpreted what flattening the curve means... Perhaps the scientists should have specified it was on the X axis they were talking about. 
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #6792 on: Monday, January 4, 2021, 10:32:01 »

I don’t agree with lockdowns as the impacts on people’s mental health, other illnesses and people’s general ability to have some kind of quality of life seems to get completely forgotten about. They are on about a new tier 5 now where only 1 hour outside might be allowed, how is that at all healthy?
At the same time I wouldn’t be an early adopter of a vaccine as by the very nature of how quickly it has came out long term side effects aren’t known, I won’t get it until 2022 according to the calculator anyway so doesn’t matter. Both stances aren’t mutually exclusive....

People keep clamouring that we should remain under heavy restrictions until the virus is ‘under control’ or the majority of people are vaccinated. Honestly though, if it takes a prolonged period of time will you continue to put your life on hold indefinitely for another year, maybe more? I’m not ashamed to say my patience is finite and I won’t do that, time is precious and shouldn’t be wasted. If things don’t change in spring hard decisions will need to be made.
TLDR: I'm incredibly selfish
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #6793 on: Monday, January 4, 2021, 11:16:55 »

We're going to be "World beating" again aren't we  Head Hurts

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
BoA Vagabond

Tufty club

Ignore
« Reply #6794 on: Monday, January 4, 2021, 13:00:17 »

I did a search and he’s been posting about the football mostly.

Just wondered what the conditions are like now in Spain, seen as they had a ‘proper’ lockdown with armed guards and shit first time around.
According to my folks it's full-on as per last time. Apparently roads out of Madrid were blocked by law enforcement before xmas. It is no longer discussed particularly as they are so used to it. Last time they had almost no cases in their part of the Costa Blanca but it's been a lot worse this time around. Don't know if that is the case elsewhere in Spain.

Parasitic freeloading season ticket holder scum
Pages: 1 ... 450 451 452 [453] 454 455 456 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: