Pages: 1 ... 449 450 451 [452] 453 454 455 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1216951 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #6765 on: Sunday, January 3, 2021, 16:30:53 »

Back to school then kids. You couldn't make this up. The spread will continue.
For a week and a half until it becomes obvious that what SAGE was telling them since before Christmas was actually right and that it helps drive the spread. Then another screeching U-turn. Too little, too late, that should have been the slogan this lazy incompetent ditherer fought the election on
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6766 on: Sunday, January 3, 2021, 17:12:14 »

it's a shitshow. primary closures in Swindon:

Closures so far : Beachcroft infants (7,8,9 closed only), Even swindon, Oakhurst, Shaw ridge
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #6767 on: Sunday, January 3, 2021, 17:13:26 »

it's a shitshow. primary closures in Swindon:

Closures so far : Beachcroft infants (7,8,9 closed only), Even swindon, Oakhurst, Shaw ridge

Maybe many parents wind let their kids go

So, give no fucks
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #6768 on: Sunday, January 3, 2021, 17:31:12 »

I see they are now worried about the effectiveness of the vaccine against the South African variant but the vaccine could perhaps be tweaked in ‘4 to 6 weeks’. If there becomes any prolonged question marks about the vaccines effectiveness against various mutations I can’t see any choice but to just get on with things and live with it. I can’t see people following restrictions if the light at the end up tunnel keeps getting further away, next 2 or 3 months are make or break, putting your life on hold for 1 year is one thing, once we pass the 12 month mark in March people’s views will start to change.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6769 on: Sunday, January 3, 2021, 17:31:26 »

no, it's due to unions advising staff not to go in.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6770 on: Sunday, January 3, 2021, 17:32:18 »

Quote from: theakston2k
I see they are now worried about the effectiveness of the vaccine against the South African variant but the vaccine could perhaps be tweaked in ‘4 to 6 weeks’. If there becomes any prolonged question marks about the vaccines effectiveness against various mutations I can’t see any choice but to just get on with things and live with it. I can’t see people following restrictions if the light at the end up tunnel keeps getting further away, next 2 or 3 months are make or break, putting your life on hold for 1 year is one thing, once we pass the 12 month mark in March people’s views will start to change.

oh fuck. where did you see that?
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #6771 on: Sunday, January 3, 2021, 17:38:01 »

How are France, Italy & Spain coping as we here verŷ little about them these days

So, give no fucks
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #6772 on: Sunday, January 3, 2021, 17:40:14 »

oh fuck. where did you see that?
Bottom of this:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-55521747

Said everything will be fine but now in a game of ‘cat and mouse’.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #6773 on: Sunday, January 3, 2021, 17:44:19 »

I know you don't mean this in full so it's not directed at you in full but imagine people who have a very extreme view of this. It would seem quite ironic that the impatience of a human led to a demise of humanity. I think they call it natural selection to some degree.

Btw, what you say is fairly correct even if I am erring in the slight other side of not wanting to kill other people/put them at risk but I do share your concerns regarding mental health (as a reminder to some who will have you believe I stated I'm a consultant psychologist) and I'm glad I don't have to make that balance.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #6774 on: Sunday, January 3, 2021, 17:51:05 »

I know you don't mean this in full so it's not directed at you in full but imagine people who have a very extreme view of this. It would seem quite ironic that the impatience of a human led to a demise of humanity. I think they call it natural selection to some degree.

Btw, what you say is fairly correct even if I am erring in the slight other side of not wanting to kill other people/put them at risk but I do share your concerns regarding mental health (as a reminder to some who will have you believe I stated I'm a consultant psychologist) and I'm glad I don't have to make that balance.
But it can only be classed as impatience so long, if we are still in the position we are now this time next year due to mutations would you really be able to call people impatient or ‘COVidiots’ anymore if they chose to live their life normally again? At some point people have the right to make their own decisions. We’ve been told Spring is when some normality will start to return, if this doesn’t happen or we continue to lurch from one set of restrictions to another I think people will naturally take matters into their own hands. Like I say the next 3 months are make or break IMO.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6775 on: Sunday, January 3, 2021, 17:55:07 »

cheers theakston. no need to panic yet then
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #6776 on: Sunday, January 3, 2021, 18:03:58 »

Literally no different to the flu vaccine, which is the same basic vaccine tweaked every year to be effective against the most prevalent strain that winter

Calm down, stop panicking

Things get better but they never get good
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #6777 on: Sunday, January 3, 2021, 18:05:22 »

cheers theakston. no need to panic yet then
NO!

Everything else I have read has said:

- There is no reason that the vaccine shouldn't work
- Scientists are testing it now
- The vaccine can be tweaked if necessary to cope with the mutation
- The vaccine would be able to be tweaked in 4-6 weeks if necessary

That's a massive difference to the implication that the vaccine won't work and we have to find another one!

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
bathford

Ignore
« Reply #6778 on: Sunday, January 3, 2021, 20:23:17 »

So we are now looking at a new full lockdown in the not to distant future..

How many clubs will be left if this continues for a full second year?
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #6779 on: Sunday, January 3, 2021, 20:24:55 »

So we are now looking at a new full lockdown in the not to distant future..

How many clubs will be left if this continues for a full second year?

A massive knock on if it happens, more job losses, maybe furlough extended again, housing market, economy etc

So, give no fucks
Pages: 1 ... 449 450 451 [452] 453 454 455 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: