Pages: 1 ... 447 448 449 [450] 451 452 453 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1217432 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #6735 on: Wednesday, December 30, 2020, 17:09:37 »

Shut the schools completely for a few months, have some parred back distance learning if they must, and condense or cancel Easter/spring/summer school holidays to make the time back

I've just passed a large group of 14-15 year old kids messing around so how would anyone know if they are carrying the virus

So, give no fucks
Cheltred

Ignore
« Reply #6736 on: Wednesday, December 30, 2020, 17:18:46 »

In the trials, none of the participants experienced serious symptoms of COVID requiring hospital treatment after the first dose i.e. some did still catch COVID after the first jab, but much less than in the general population and even for those who got it it seems to have mitigated the impact of it.
Thanks. Sounds good at least
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #6737 on: Wednesday, December 30, 2020, 17:26:12 »

Given furlough is confirmed until April, we’re in peak virus season, numbers are rocketing and we now have a bona Fide exit strategy, i don’t understand why we aren’t having another nationwide lockdown similar to the one last March. Shut everything down completely for three months, industrialise the vaccinations in that time and bosh - you exit March with little to no community spread and the majority of the population vaccinated

Seems silly to let people continue to get ill and die when the end is so near

horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #6738 on: Wednesday, December 30, 2020, 17:29:52 »

In the trials, none of the participants experienced serious symptoms of COVID requiring hospital treatment after the first dose i.e. some did still catch COVID after the first jab, but much less than in the general population and even for those who got it it seems to have mitigated the impact of it.

Possibly one idea would be to do 1st doses first to get the coverage and reduce deaths, however the NHS Trusts are under a three line whip from the government that anyone who has one dose has the other within 12 weeks.

One idea floated once the Oxford Vax came online was to basically get people out vaxxing people literally on the door step door to door on the doorstep, albeit that apparently has been discounted.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #6739 on: Wednesday, December 30, 2020, 17:33:04 »

Possibly one idea would be to do 1st doses first to get the coverage and reduce deaths, however the NHS Trusts are under a three line whip from the government that anyone who has one dose has the other within 12 weeks.
TBF I don't think it's so much as "three line whip from the government" as a condition of its approval for use by the MRHA
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #6740 on: Wednesday, December 30, 2020, 17:38:29 »

TBF I don't think it's so much as "three line whip from the government" as a condition of its approval for use by the MRHA

Its quite the threat, they have to record the serial number of dose 1 and apply and allocate a second dose or arses will be severely kicked!
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #6741 on: Wednesday, December 30, 2020, 18:01:41 »

I've just passed a large group of 14-15 year old kids messing around so how would anyone know if they are carrying the virus

Large groups of teenagers messed around in the first lockdown and it didn’t cause any issue. The problem isn’t them, it’s the millions of kids aged 5 and upwards mingling

It’s been (rightly) pointed out that closing schools would have knock on effects for key workers. In which case move to a similar model as we had in the spring, knock the curriculum on the head for a few months and turn schools into designated childcare areas until it’s safe enough for all to return.

Things get better but they never get good
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #6742 on: Wednesday, December 30, 2020, 18:09:08 »

Large groups of teenagers messed around in the first lockdown and it didn’t cause any issue. The problem isn’t them, it’s the millions of kids aged 5 and upwards mingling

It’s been (rightly) pointed out that closing schools would have knock on effects for key workers. In which case move to a similar model as we had in the spring, knock the curriculum on the head for a few months and turn schools into designated childcare areas until it’s safe enough for all to return.

Fair points you make but are the 5 years and above more likely to carry the virus than teenagers

So, give no fucks

Ignore
« Reply #6743 on: Wednesday, December 30, 2020, 18:17:06 »

Full lockdown, schools shut until the vaccines are rolled out. There's no other way in my opinion.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #6744 on: Wednesday, December 30, 2020, 18:52:02 »

Full lockdown, schools shut until the vaccines are rolled out. There's no other way in my opinion.

Same here couldn't agree more

So, give no fucks
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #6745 on: Wednesday, December 30, 2020, 19:55:35 »

Its quite the threat, they have to record the serial number of dose 1 and apply and allocate a second dose or arses will be severely kicked!
Well good. Licenses for vaccines aren't just issued for a giggle, and if there are protocols around them to ensure efficacy then they need to be followed
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #6746 on: Wednesday, December 30, 2020, 20:57:14 »

One idea floated once the Oxford Vax came online was to basically get people out vaxxing people literally on the door step door to door on the doorstep, albeit that apparently has been discounted.

Just employee the checkout staff from Aldi to do the vaccinations and we will all be done by end of Jan

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #6747 on: Thursday, December 31, 2020, 09:25:09 »

https://www.independentsage.org/29th-december-2020-emergency-statement-and-call-for-immediate-national-lockdown/
mystical_goat

Ignore
« Reply #6748 on: Thursday, December 31, 2020, 15:13:30 »

Just employee the checkout staff from Aldi to do the vaccinations and we will all be done by end of Jan

Cheesy
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #6749 on: Friday, January 1, 2021, 10:27:13 »

Healthcare workers in England have been told to reschedule appointments for the second dose of the Pfizer and BioNTech covid-19 vaccine after the government’s advisory committee decided that vaccinating as many people as possible with a first dose should be the priority.

https://www.bmj.com/content/371/bmj.m4978

No idea if this'll made a difference to the efficacy of the vaccine but it does seem like an odd decision

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Pages: 1 ... 447 448 449 [450] 451 452 453 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: