Pages: 1 ... 444 445 446 [447] 448 449 450 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1217040 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6690 on: Thursday, December 24, 2020, 10:03:58 »

it's just amusing/bemusing rather than a serious moan Paul.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #6691 on: Thursday, December 24, 2020, 11:14:16 »

As batch says, nobody is up in arms about this, it is just frustrating that the regulations that come out always seem to be more complicated than they need to be.

My Son is officially in Tier 2 but he is just treating it like Tier 3, but you know that a lot of people won't.  I don't see why they don't take away all the ambiguity by just saying, if you have an SN postcode you are 3, if you have an OX postcode you are 4 etc.  adding in the confusion of tier status based on what council covers an area within a town makes no sense to me.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #6692 on: Thursday, December 24, 2020, 11:28:47 »

I see you have been winding up that twat Martin Costello on facebook Samdy Cool
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6693 on: Thursday, December 24, 2020, 11:41:01 »

its good fun
Flashheart

« Reply #6694 on: Thursday, December 24, 2020, 11:46:50 »

Link?
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #6695 on: Thursday, December 24, 2020, 11:49:13 »

As batch says, nobody is up in arms about this, it is just frustrating that the regulations that come out always seem to be more complicated than they need to be.

My Son is officially in Tier 2 but he is just treating it like Tier 3, but you know that a lot of people won't.  I don't see why they don't take away all the ambiguity by just saying, if you have an SN postcode you are 3, if you have an OX postcode you are 4 etc.  adding in the confusion of tier status based on what council covers an area within a town makes no sense to me.

dont postcodes cover far greater areas than regional councils. you would be punishing more people than necessary. I'm happy living in wiltshire rather than swindon. wiltshire covers more rural areas and villages than the heavily populated area of Swindon which needs more restrictions.

on a totally different subject to tiers. it blows my mind the number of people infected each week. 650,000 have covid this week and another 570,000 the week before. that's 1.2 million people in a fortnight and the population is only 66 million.

they reckon 4.4 million have had it in the uk since it started. that doesnt make sense to me with the weekly figures.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6696 on: Thursday, December 24, 2020, 11:57:06 »

Think what they'd be like without meassures,  the R is thought to be around 3 unchallenged.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #6697 on: Thursday, December 24, 2020, 12:16:56 »

My Son is officially in Tier 2 but he is just treating it like Tier 3, but you know that a lot of people won't.  I don't see why they don't take away all the ambiguity by just saying, if you have an SN postcode you are 3, if you have an OX postcode you are 4 etc.  adding in the confusion of tier status based on what council covers an area within a town makes no sense to me.

The way we divide up the country has always been a complete dog's dinner.  Royal Mail made no attempt to match postcode districts with counties, and counties themselves are a poorly-understood mishmash anyway.  Contrast with the French system - 100 départements, each with a two digit code that gets used in your postal address  and even on car number plates.  Or the US federal system of states which are then sub-divided in to counties.  The UK system is a mess.  Could do with cleaning up, but it never will be.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #6698 on: Thursday, December 24, 2020, 12:18:44 »

One of my oldest Swindon-supporting mates has taken to polluting my Facebook timeline with posts by this nasty little racist.  He has a frighteningly large following.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #6699 on: Thursday, December 24, 2020, 13:11:19 »

dont postcodes cover far greater areas than regional councils. you would be punishing more people than necessary. I'm happy living in wiltshire rather than swindon. wiltshire covers more rural areas and villages than the heavily populated area of Swindon which needs more restrictions.

My stance is that I would rather have more people in a higher tier than necessary than not enough, sucks for them yes, but in the circumstances better for everyone and can only speed up all of us getting through this and to the new normality.  I would have exactly the same view if it was the other way around, in fact I have openly stated that I would have preferred a full National lockdown for a number of weeks over the Xmas period.

I am fully aware that I would be in a minority with that view, but I for one am sick of this state of flux and would prefer the sacrifice now to get us to the (sort of) end game quicker.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #6700 on: Thursday, December 24, 2020, 13:20:29 »

on a totally different subject to tiers. it blows my mind the number of people infected each week. 650,000 have covid this week and another 570,000 the week before. that's 1.2 million people in a fortnight

No it's not. Those figures are the total numbers who currently have it, not new infections. It's a running total
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #6701 on: Thursday, December 24, 2020, 15:29:52 »

I made two comments in response to a comment of his on an adver post.

I didn't debate it any further, as the late great George Carlin said, never argue with an idiot they'll just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

He's a moron that idolises the far right and has built himself a following of other morons and now has a persona to keep up with.

Flashheart

« Reply #6702 on: Thursday, December 24, 2020, 15:34:30 »

Remember this gem from him?

Speaking directly to supporters, he said: "As I move on, I want you to know that I haven’t deserted you, I have not betrayed you and I’m not running away. I am just upgrading the battle-worn Hurricane for a new Spitfire in what is our second Battle of Britain."

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/17627253.former-mp-hopeful-martin-costello-resigns-swindon-ukip-party/

Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #6703 on: Thursday, December 24, 2020, 19:49:52 »

I made the decision to block the little character from my timeline on facebook.
It's been quite nice not to be irked by his "hot takes"

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6704 on: Wednesday, December 30, 2020, 08:10:34 »

Oxford/AstraZenica vaccine approved.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-55280671
Pages: 1 ... 444 445 446 [447] 448 449 450 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: