Pages: 1 ... 409 410 411 [412] 413 414 415 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1217462 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6165 on: Thursday, November 5, 2020, 08:04:21 »

but if you've not put the results into the app, then it must be doing what it's doing in a completely independent way. It can't link the results to the app automatically, you are anonymous

whether that's erronious, or whether we don't understand the true meaning of key match exposure report is another question.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #6166 on: Thursday, November 5, 2020, 08:48:07 »

Hasn’t put any details in as far as I’m aware. I certainly haven’t

I don’t think the keys are timestamped in any way, I think they’re just random downloads from a central database to check against, but essentially the point remains that we’ve not been apart from the best part of two weeks, yet all my downloads have a match and hers don’t
Have you been sleepwalking with infected people without realising it? Best I've got I'm afraid
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #6167 on: Thursday, November 5, 2020, 12:54:18 »

Ignore the story (well don't its another case of the rampant corruption within government!!) but the table embedded into this piece has the data broken down and presented in a reasonably simple form to allow basic review on an area by area basis.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/nov/04/tory-linked-firm-involved-in-testing-failure-awarded-new-347m-covid-contract
« Last Edit: Thursday, November 5, 2020, 13:04:41 by horlock07 » Logged
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #6168 on: Thursday, November 5, 2020, 12:56:45 »

Have you been sleepwalking with infected people without realising it? Best I've got I'm afraid
Could be someone hiding in your hoodie?
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #6169 on: Monday, November 9, 2020, 11:41:40 »

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/nov/09/covid-19-vaccine-candidate-effective-pfizer-biontech

People who generally aren't given to hyperbole seem to think this is genuinely excellent news.

Also a big fan of the spokesman having no interest in humility: "Today is a great day for science and humanity"
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #6170 on: Monday, November 9, 2020, 11:45:30 »

That news has come a week too late for Trump. Sad.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #6171 on: Monday, November 9, 2020, 11:49:04 »

That news has come a week too late for Trump. Sad.

I was just thinking that - I'm sure he is going to say this news was delayed by the 'Dems so that Joe B can claim to have sorted Covid whilst he let nearly 250,000 Americans die with the virus.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #6172 on: Monday, November 9, 2020, 11:55:17 »

He never fucking had it, the fat orange bastard
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #6173 on: Monday, November 9, 2020, 12:21:38 »

He never fucking had it, the fat orange bastard
Not a fan then tans?
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #6174 on: Monday, November 9, 2020, 12:22:15 »

Whatever gave you that idea!!?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #6175 on: Monday, November 9, 2020, 12:25:35 »

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/nov/09/covid-19-vaccine-candidate-effective-pfizer-biontech

People who generally aren't given to hyperbole seem to think this is genuinely excellent news.

Also a big fan of the spokesman having no interest in humility: "Today is a great day for science and humanity"
Let's hope this bloke is wrong then: TLDR, even if we have a vaccine the govt's strategy for applying it is a load of wallop

https://capx.co/a-vaccine-is-coming-but-the-uks-immunisation-plan-is-fatally-flawed/

No idea if he is right, his arguments seem to stack up but well aware from the previous 9 months of this shit that these kinds of arguments seem compelling until you see the counter argument from someone who knows what they're talking about and then it's all a crock. Certainly the way the govt have handled the public health aspects of the pre-vaccine period doesn't inspire confidence.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #6176 on: Monday, November 9, 2020, 12:31:47 »

Reflects what I have heard from two separate people over the weekend who know what they are talking about (both pretty pragmatic and not subject to hyperbole!)

The type of vaccine/operation, whilst new, has got years and years of research behind it.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #6177 on: Monday, November 9, 2020, 12:35:06 »

Let's hope this bloke is wrong then: TLDR, even if we have a vaccine the govt's strategy for applying it is a load of wallop

https://capx.co/a-vaccine-is-coming-but-the-uks-immunisation-plan-is-fatally-flawed/

No idea if he is right, his arguments seem to stack up but well aware from the previous 9 months of this shit that these kinds of arguments seem compelling until you see the counter argument from someone who knows what they're talking about and then it's all a crock. Certainly the way the govt have handled the public health aspects of the pre-vaccine period doesn't inspire confidence.

That completely contradicts what I have been told by someone who is personally putting together the vaccination plan for an entire NHS Trust (and has been doing or for a fair few months meaning when combined with the Flu programme he has ben working 7-10 most days, poor fucker!) he is working on the basis that everyone over 18 is getting a jab, I specifically asked him this last week when someone suggested we were not all getting it on here.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #6178 on: Monday, November 9, 2020, 12:47:30 »

Kate fucking Bingham

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-sir-keir-starmer-criticises-unjustified-670k-spend-on-pr-team-for-uk-vaccines-chief-kate-bingham-12128412
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #6179 on: Monday, November 9, 2020, 13:51:39 »

That completely contradicts what I have been told by someone who is personally putting together the vaccination plan for an entire NHS Trust (and has been doing or for a fair few months meaning when combined with the Flu programme he has ben working 7-10 most days, poor fucker!) he is working on the basis that everyone over 18 is getting a jab, I specifically asked him this last week when someone suggested we were not all getting it on here.

In which case, great. I genuinely want to be excited about this, just mindful of getting over-excited too early about the actual news (it's a press release, not a peer-reviewed study, although TBF actual proper scientists do also seem to be taking this as good news subject to the usual etc etc) and that there's a long way to go between announcement of a discovery and actual delivery.

It would be wonderful to think there might be an end in sight for all this shit
Pages: 1 ... 409 410 411 [412] 413 414 415 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: