Pages: 1 ... 363 364 365 [366] 367 368 369 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1217436 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #5475 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2020, 11:44:36 »

Also the EOTHO has in some cases just shifted trade from Thurs-Sat to Mon-Weds. It is a good idea, but its not benefited everyone.
----
On that note, what p*sses me off is the numerous reports of "no show" reservations. I know the restaurants could charge a non refundable deposit, but that's not the point. How hard is it to ring and cancel FFS.

Also bear in mind that EOTHO is being funded by the taxpayer.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #5476 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2020, 19:06:14 »

Working in a work bubble. Bloke i work with has been sent home as his kid has a fever. Am i right in thinking we should be sent home also? Settle the office debate for us
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #5477 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2020, 19:18:43 »

Working in a work bubble. Bloke i work with has been sent home as his kid has a fever. Am i right in thinking we should be sent home also? Settle the office debate for us

No. Only if he gets symptoms.

One of my wife’s colleagues, who lives in south Cerney, who works for the nhs had a high temperature. She went online to book a test and no word of a lie, they said the nearest test centre was in Fife. Some 160 odd miles away.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #5478 on: Thursday, August 27, 2020, 09:06:49 »

Another question...

My missus has been selected at random to take part in one of these survey testing schemes, she had a test through the post and took it yesterday and has sent it back.

Now in the meantime since Monday she has not been at all well, we suspect (and our GP agrees via a telephone consultation) that she has had gastroenteritis (she's feeling better today), however, as C-19 can present this way the GP has recommended that she take a precautionary test which obviously she already had as part of the survey thingy.

The kicker is that the drive through tests can take 48 hours to come back, the survey ones say up to 2 weeks for results, should she/we be isolating as a precaution, little un is supposed to go back to School next week?
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #5479 on: Thursday, August 27, 2020, 09:12:19 »

No harm in getting a drive through test is there?

Things get better but they never get good
Nijholts Nuts

Ignore
« Reply #5480 on: Thursday, August 27, 2020, 09:14:13 »

Another question...

My missus has been selected at random to take part in one of these survey testing schemes, she had a test through the post and took it yesterday and has sent it back.

Now in the meantime since Monday she has not been at all well, we suspect (and our GP agrees via a telephone consultation) that she has had gastroenteritis (she's feeling better today), however, as C-19 can present this way the GP has recommended that she take a precautionary test which obviously she already had as part of the survey thingy.

The kicker is that the drive through tests can take 48 hours to come back, the survey ones say up to 2 weeks for results, should she/we be isolating as a precaution, little un is supposed to go back to School next week?
I took a drive through test yesterday lunchtime and got the all clear at 0200 this morning. I would say it's better safe than sorry.

I only dream of Claire Sweeney
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #5481 on: Thursday, August 27, 2020, 09:21:52 »

I'd get the drive through, better to know sooner rather than later
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #5482 on: Thursday, August 27, 2020, 09:44:39 »

+1 for the drive through and hope it's all clear, obviously.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #5483 on: Thursday, August 27, 2020, 10:20:26 »

Ta, we will have a look main problem is the distance to any drive through from here, its looking like Preston which is about an hour each way!
Nijholts Nuts

Ignore
« Reply #5484 on: Thursday, August 27, 2020, 10:41:10 »

Ta, we will have a look main problem is the distance to any drive through from here, its looking like Preston which is about an hour each way!
I'd double check that, as when I filled in the form it said that my local test station was a cool 365 miles away in some terrible part of Scotland, when I repopulated that form it gave me a much more convenient location 10 miles from my door in Bedford.

I only dream of Claire Sweeney
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #5485 on: Thursday, August 27, 2020, 12:06:46 »

Its improving...

ome 75.5% of close contacts of people who tested positive for Covid-19 in England were reached through the Test and Trace system in the week ending 19 August, according to new figures from the Department of Health.

This is up from 71.6% in the previous week.

For cases handled by local health protection teams, 95.6% of contacts were reached and asked to self-isolate, while for those handled either online or by call centre only, 61.6% of contacts were reached.

Sage, which advises the government, has said that at least 80% of contacts would need to isolate for the scheme to be effective.

You can read more about how contact tracing works here.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #5486 on: Thursday, August 27, 2020, 12:15:32 »

Paul Pogba tests positive for Covid-19
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #5487 on: Thursday, August 27, 2020, 12:20:57 »

Paul Pogba tests positive for Covid-19

Souness - "not good enough, his immune system failed him today should of done more for the team' in my opinion that's not good enough for Manchester United"
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #5488 on: Thursday, August 27, 2020, 12:29:03 »

I'd double check that, as when I filled in the form it said that my local test station was a cool 365 miles away in some terrible part of Scotland, when I repopulated that form it gave me a much more convenient location 10 miles from my door in Bedford.

Nope, she has done the form, Preston it is!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #5489 on: Thursday, August 27, 2020, 13:02:50 »

Souness - "not good enough, his immune system failed him today should of done more for the team' in my opinion that's not good enough for Manchester United"
Pages: 1 ... 363 364 365 [366] 367 368 369 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: