Pages: 1 ... 317 318 319 [320] 321 322 323 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1217372 times)
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #4785 on: Wednesday, June 24, 2020, 02:18:24 »

I see Peru, like Brazil is also having high case rates currently and a friend in Arizona has said they have had over 3,500 cases just on Monday alone. A record high there. That's just one state. Next door in Cali, record highs too (no not a weed related pun) going over 5k. Likewise in Texas.

My friend also said that Nationally the States has hit 25k+ cases for 5 continuous days but as a certain person with superior erectility has stated, having the most cases 'is a good thing'.   No

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #4786 on: Wednesday, June 24, 2020, 08:43:31 »

This was quite an interesting chart that popped up yesterday, it shows the global preparedness for a pandemic based upon a survey in 2019, we were considered the best prepared in Europe at that date.

Its also interesting to note that this was based upon us having a plan to deal with such an event. However between coming to power and the outbreak happening the government discarded the plan and the dismantled the committee who drew it up and knew how to deliver it if required.

Even more interestingly Singapore adopted and followed our plan and look how they got on. 
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #4787 on: Wednesday, June 24, 2020, 09:28:13 »

This was quite an interesting chart that popped up yesterday, it shows the global preparedness for a pandemic based upon a survey in 2019, we were considered the best prepared in Europe at that date.

Its also interesting to note that this was based upon us having a plan to deal with such an event. However between coming to power and the outbreak happening the government discarded the plan and the dismantled the committee who drew it up and knew how to deliver it if required.
That's what happens when you elect a govt that founds it's main policy on the basis of contempt for experts
Flashheart

« Reply #4788 on: Wednesday, June 24, 2020, 11:40:04 »

Boris accuses Starmer of using misleading figures. Starmer points out that he was using the governments own figures.

There's a gulf in competence between the two, and also between Starmer and Corbyn.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #4789 on: Wednesday, June 24, 2020, 12:18:46 »

Boris accuses Starmer of using misleading figures. Starmer points out that he was using the governments own figures.

There's a gulf in competence between the two, and also between Starmer and Corbyn.

PMQ's is essentially pointless now. Starmer asks a question, Johnson tells a lie in response and nothing happens, I remember the days when lying in the house was a bad thing to do and had to be apologised for, these days its just allowed without sanction and Johnson knows it.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #4790 on: Wednesday, June 24, 2020, 13:15:23 »

Even more interestingly Singapore adopted and followed our plan and look how they got on. 

South Korea as well - in fact, even here where it's all going to shit again, there is barely a person in power (bar Trump) who can't role out the basics of a very good plan.  The problem appears to be actually rolling it out and/or sticking to it.  This was discussed right at the start of the outbreak in the EU in this thread I think.

Maybe they should all just watch this very simple simulation to understand what their jobs are:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2020/world/corona-simulator/

Cases int eh USA are now back to the peak, hospitalisations are rising, so probably expect to see deaths rise in 3 weeks or so.  Yesterday Trump was speaking to 3,000 young supporters inside a Church in Arizona on a day they had a record case count and said "it had gone away".  So there Coronavirus, you are gone, do as you are told.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #4791 on: Wednesday, June 24, 2020, 14:06:23 »

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/uk-coronavirus-r-rate_uk_5ef1f629c5b645f5d4871f61?iw
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #4792 on: Wednesday, June 24, 2020, 14:14:21 »

PMQ's is essentially pointless now. Starmer asks a question, Johnson tells a lie in response and nothing happens, I remember the days when lying in the house was a bad thing to do and had to be apologised for, these days its just allowed without sanction and Johnson knows it.

Boris just follows the Trump guidebook on political incorrectness.. and people are surprised..  we elected him, based on a lie way before he got elected.  I think we all know that Boris got elected based on his promises of delivering Brexit, nothing to do with his honesty or capability of doing the job..

In other words, elect a buffoon and don't be surprised when he runs the country like a buffoon.  Most people knew it was going to happen but it seems the clamour for Brexit was more important to people than having a credible leader in place.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, June 24, 2020, 14:18:29 by Berniman » Logged

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #4793 on: Wednesday, June 24, 2020, 16:34:41 »

The leaders of all the major medical professional bodies (the BMA, the Royal Colleges of Surgeons, Physicians, GPs, Nursing, Pathologists, Emergency Medicine, Psychiatrists, Gynaecologists, Radiologists) plus the editors of the British Medical Journal and the Lancet have written a joint letter in the BMJ calling for an urgent "no blame" review of the UK's handling of the Coronavirus crisis to date and our preparedness for a second wave so that lessons can be learned in preparing for a second wave.

No 10 have dismissed the call out of hand. They're not interested in learning the lessons of their mishandling of the crisis. They're not interested in preparing for a second wave. They don't care if you or your elderly relatives die.

https://www.bmj.com/content/369/bmj.m2514
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #4794 on: Wednesday, June 24, 2020, 17:33:30 »

The leaders of all the major medical professional bodies (the BMA, the Royal Colleges of Surgeons, Physicians, GPs, Nursing, Pathologists, Emergency Medicine, Psychiatrists, Gynaecologists, Radiologists) plus the editors of the British Medical Journal and the Lancet have written a joint letter in the BMJ calling for an urgent "no blame" review of the UK's handling of the Coronavirus crisis to date and our preparedness for a second wave so that lessons can be learned in preparing for a second wave.

No 10 have dismissed the call out of hand. They're not interested in learning the lessons of their mishandling of the crisis. They're not interested in preparing for a second wave. They don't care if you or your elderly relatives die.

https://www.bmj.com/content/369/bmj.m2514

That's one way of looking at it. I think I'll wait for 4D's assessment.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #4795 on: Wednesday, June 24, 2020, 17:48:13 »

Boris just follows the Trump guidebook on political incorrectness.. and people are surprised..  we elected him, based on a lie way before he got elected.  I think we all know that Boris got elected based on his promises of delivering Brexit, nothing to do with his honesty or capability of doing the job..

In other words, elect a buffoon and don't be surprised when he runs the country like a buffoon.  Most people knew it was going to happen but it seems the clamour for Brexit was more important to people than having a credible leader in place.

The problem was the alternative candidate was a time bomb waiting to explode so we were pushed in a corner
« Last Edit: Thursday, June 25, 2020, 11:55:38 by Jimmy Quinn » Logged

So, give no fucks
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #4796 on: Wednesday, June 24, 2020, 19:06:41 »

That's one way of looking at it. I think I'll wait for 4D's assessment.

I await that with interest

Nothing to see here
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #4797 on: Wednesday, June 24, 2020, 19:09:07 »

Second wave? Meh.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #4798 on: Thursday, June 25, 2020, 04:52:17 »

Bournemouth beach yesterday. And they want no fans at matches!

* 4F77137F-C752-42CB-BAE6-EE5F987CBB67.jpeg (367.39 KB, 2048x1152 - viewed 192 times.)
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #4799 on: Thursday, June 25, 2020, 06:59:58 »

Where's that from, Audrey?
Pages: 1 ... 317 318 319 [320] 321 322 323 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: