Pages: 1 ... 310 311 312 [313] 314 315 316 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1217109 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #4680 on: Tuesday, June 16, 2020, 14:00:21 »

But he’s right though, in my opinion. This Govt and it’s predecessors are very good at using its media mouthpieces like The Sun, Mail, Express, Times and Telegraph to get ordinary people to blame other ordinary people to distract from their own failings. Yes the 2m rule should be followed but the govt are happier for us to argue with each other about that rather than question why millions of people entered our borders since March without quarantine or testing, for example.

The Govt literally encouraged people to “shop for Britain” in its media rounds on Sunday and yet its cheerleaders then actively criticised those who listened to the message, thus creating a narrative about why people shouldn’t be back at work if they could shop.

If you think any of this isn’t by design, you’ve not been paying attention to Cummings’ way of working. They may be shit at a lot of things but manipulating ordinary people through spin is their strong suit.

Its the hypocrisy that gets to me, anyone criticises the government for C-19 and no its all down to the public not using common sense, yet in the next breath everything happening in London is the personal responsibility of Sadiq Khan, like he should be running round like fucking Batman!
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #4681 on: Tuesday, June 16, 2020, 15:16:01 »

Like you want the government to be responsible for all the people bunching up like nothing has happened? You political motivated lot need to take the blinkers off
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #4682 on: Tuesday, June 16, 2020, 15:20:37 »

Like you want the government to be responsible for all the people bunching up like nothing has happened? You political motivated lot need to take the blinkers off
There is a reason that successive govts have employed behaviourial scientists to aid in govt policy. Cameron had the "Nudge Unit" which was deemed to be more successful in many areas than legislation. In the COVID crisis, there are two committees that feed into SAGE - SPI-M which advises on medical aspects of the crisis, and SPI-B which is composed of behavioural scientists. It's deemed as important as the medical advice. Think you need to take the blinkers off because they're nudging you up a treat, mush

https://twitter.com/ReicherStephen/status/1264606173212409857
StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #4683 on: Tuesday, June 16, 2020, 15:21:44 »

If that’s aimed at me, I’ve praised the govt for some things and rightly criticised them for others. I’ve seen PaulD and Horlock do the same.

You, on the hand, can’t seem to ever concede the govt have got anything wrong. Is that fair or am I misrepresenting you? Maybe you’re the one with the blinkers on.
Flashheart

« Reply #4684 on: Tuesday, June 16, 2020, 15:23:37 »

Those people are clearly a part of the problem, and I don't think a single person here is denying that.

But do you honestly think that the government don't also share some of the responsibilty?
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #4685 on: Tuesday, June 16, 2020, 15:28:54 »

Those people are clearly a part of the problem, and I don't think a single person here is denying that.

But do you honestly think that the government don't also share some of the responsibilty?

Of course, but you think the way some on here go on that it's all down to the government, and boy do they go on.
Flashheart

« Reply #4686 on: Tuesday, June 16, 2020, 15:32:19 »

Of course, but you think the way some on here go on that it's all down to the government.

I think that's bollocks.

I think most on here have expressed their opinions on these people, on numerous ocassions. As a matter of fact, it is mentioned on the previous page to this one. If it is PaulD you are singling out, you only have to go back 2 pages.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #4687 on: Tuesday, June 16, 2020, 15:32:56 »

Of course, but you think the way some on here go on that it's all down to the government, and boy do they go on.
And the way some on here go on, you'd think that it's all down to the public, and boy do they go on.
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #4688 on: Tuesday, June 16, 2020, 15:55:33 »

And the way some on here go on, you'd think that it's all down to the public, and boy do they go on.

You only have to go back 2 posts
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #4689 on: Tuesday, June 16, 2020, 15:58:05 »

"It was great to see so many people out shopping, whilst maintaining social distancing....quite a lot of them." ~ Boris Johnson
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #4690 on: Tuesday, June 16, 2020, 16:10:56 »

We had 233 deaths announced today, coincidentally we had the same number of total deaths to date on the 22nd March the day before our government belatedly enforced the lock down.

Yet we are now being encouraged to go to the shops, get the kids back into school with the 2m rule being reviewed.

Bloody public.

REDBUCK

« Reply #4691 on: Tuesday, June 16, 2020, 16:15:52 »

That report doesn't confirm that they were infected when they left the Uk, does it?.
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #4692 on: Tuesday, June 16, 2020, 16:24:22 »

People going to raves, bloody government.
StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #4693 on: Tuesday, June 16, 2020, 17:03:52 »

Cineworld and the De Vere have both said they are re-opening on 10th July.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #4694 on: Tuesday, June 16, 2020, 17:17:26 »

People going to raves, bloody government.

what percentage of the population does that account for?

Nothing to see here
Pages: 1 ... 310 311 312 [313] 314 315 316 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: