Pages: 1 ... 309 310 311 [312] 313 314 315 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1216907 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #4665 on: Tuesday, June 16, 2020, 10:53:16 »

Whilst everyone is going on about the common people at Primark, barely a whisper about Bicester village.

Probably because *most* of us live in Swindon and via social media saw pictures / videos of the ridiculous queues in our own Town Centre.

If this was a scum forum and most of us lived in Oxford, I’m sure Primark in the next Town over wouldn’t get a mention.

Fuck all to do with class, both sets of people being moronic
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #4666 on: Tuesday, June 16, 2020, 10:59:16 »

Despite 3 months of lockdown or however long it's been, we've don't seem to have come out of this nicer or more considerate people.  Regardless of class there still seem to be a host of people who don't give a fuck about anyone else space.  It seems that there are dicks and non dicks everywhere.

I Realised this 2 weeks ago when I was in Chippenham (on my government sanctioned walk), leaving people space, standing back as three dicks wandered across the road eyes fixed on their mobiles for the latest vital updates on snapchat or tik tok.  Having to move from the place I stopped to leave them space as they paid no fucking attention.

I would usually just walk into the ignorant fucks, but thought better of it.

I very much feel your pain. Over the last weeks or so I have attempted to be very aware of people's space but there are folk that are just more interested in their phones than whether they are  following govt advise by 'being aware'. One of these days I am going to just punt the bloody thing out of someone's hands (probably injuring my leg in the process given my football injury history!)

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Valid Pint

« Reply #4667 on: Tuesday, June 16, 2020, 11:11:16 »

But the six feet rule only applies when you are in a confined place and face to face with someone for a prolonged period of time? People who walk by you in the street at say 2 feet away within a fraction of a second does not in my opinion warrant someone looking like they work at the Ministry for Silly Walks, & sometimes walking into traffic.
Get real & unclench please.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #4668 on: Tuesday, June 16, 2020, 11:27:47 »

This virus hasn't gone away just because the shops have opened. Fucking idiots.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #4669 on: Tuesday, June 16, 2020, 11:28:05 »

Despite 3 months of lockdown or however long it's been, we've don't seem to have come out of this nicer or more considerate people.  Regardless of class there still seem to be a host of people who don't give a fuck about anyone.

The events of the past 4 months have bought out the best and the worst of people, when it all kicked off I deliberately dropped off social media for about a month as people were just being strange and in certain cases getting extremely aggressive about just about everything (during the great toilet roll shortage of March 2020, I have no idea who was hoarding it as everyone was moaning about everyone else hoarding it, likewise the beaches and then the shops yesterday).

Whilst things have calmed down in parts its still shitty and social distancing is just one example, however its not just the young/people on phones round here we don't have that many young people but the elderly, bloody hell, went to the chemists last week and its not a small shop but they were crammed up tight in the queue.

horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #4670 on: Tuesday, June 16, 2020, 11:29:16 »

But the six feet rule only applies when you are in a confined place and face to face with someone for a prolonged period of time? People who walk by you in the street at say 2 feet away within a fraction of a second does not in my opinion warrant someone looking like they work at the Ministry for Silly Walks, & sometimes walking into traffic.

It seems little reported that the track and trace thingy only relates to people you have been in close contact with for 15 minutes.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #4671 on: Tuesday, June 16, 2020, 11:33:06 »

Oh what a surprise the professional troll wants to be contrary.  It would be annoying if it wasnt so predictable.  

If someone is walking directly into you because they're updating their snapchat then you know what its quite annoying.

You know what, there are 2 types of people in this world, the polite ones who look out for others and spend our time getting out of the way of the other type to keep ourselves and everyone else safe and the cunts we have to avoid.  Which one are you.

Never knowingly overstated.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #4672 on: Tuesday, June 16, 2020, 11:35:15 »

This virus hasn't gone away just because the shops have opened. Fucking idiots.
I see the govt's strategy of getting the public to blame their failure to tackle COVID properly on the public is working extremely well in some quarters. What a shame they didn't expend as much energy on a strategy to actually tackle COVID as they did on shifting the blame
« Last Edit: Tuesday, June 16, 2020, 11:36:48 by pauld » Logged
Valid Pint

« Reply #4673 on: Tuesday, June 16, 2020, 11:41:20 »

Apparently it's Snapchat's fault. Whatever that is.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #4674 on: Tuesday, June 16, 2020, 11:46:37 »

Oh what a surprise the professional troll wants to be contrary.  It would be annoying if it wasnt so predictable. 

If someone is walking directly into you because they're updating their snapchat then you know what its quite annoying.

You know what, there are 2 types of people in this world, the polite ones who look out for others and spend our time getting out of the way of the other type to keep ourselves and everyone else safe and the cunts we have to avoid.  Which one are you.

I think we both know the answer to that!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #4675 on: Tuesday, June 16, 2020, 11:48:40 »

https://www.thestage.co.uk/features/big-kid-circus-we-need-the-uk-government-to-acknowledge-that-were-here-
Flashheart

« Reply #4676 on: Tuesday, June 16, 2020, 11:57:39 »

Progress:

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-53061281
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #4677 on: Tuesday, June 16, 2020, 12:37:53 »

I see the govt's strategy of getting the public to blame their failure to tackle COVID properly on the public is working extremely well in some quarters. What a shame they didn't expend as much energy on a strategy to actually tackle COVID as they did on shifting the blame

You really need to clean your needle. People should know about social distancing, it's called common sense. It's not like it hasn't been mentioned a few times over the last 3 months. Perhaps you could apply to be a government advisor on the matter as you are clearly so knowledgeable?
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #4678 on: Tuesday, June 16, 2020, 12:50:55 »

Indeed, some good news.  Not the cure, but a big impact on mortality.
StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #4679 on: Tuesday, June 16, 2020, 13:52:14 »

You really need to clean your needle. People should know about social distancing, it's called common sense. It's not like it hasn't been mentioned a few times over the last 3 months. Perhaps you could apply to be a government advisor on the matter as you are clearly so knowledgeable?

But he’s right though, in my opinion. This Govt and it’s predecessors are very good at using its media mouthpieces like The Sun, Mail, Express, Times and Telegraph to get ordinary people to blame other ordinary people to distract from their own failings. Yes the 2m rule should be followed but the govt are happier for us to argue with each other about that rather than question why millions of people entered our borders since March without quarantine or testing, for example.

The Govt literally encouraged people to “shop for Britain” in its media rounds on Sunday and yet its cheerleaders then actively criticised those who listened to the message, thus creating a narrative about why people shouldn’t be back at work if they could shop.

If you think any of this isn’t by design, you’ve not been paying attention to Cummings’ way of working. They may be shit at a lot of things but manipulating ordinary people through spin is their strong suit.
Pages: 1 ... 309 310 311 [312] 313 314 315 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: