Pages: 1 ... 307 308 309 [310] 311 312 313 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1217163 times)
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #4635 on: Monday, June 15, 2020, 11:01:31 »

Bloody hell they got that through the courts quickly.
StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #4636 on: Monday, June 15, 2020, 11:04:26 »

Pretty standard for a first hearing for a case like that to be in Court within 48 hours.  Had he pleaded not guilty, yes, it would have taken months.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #4637 on: Monday, June 15, 2020, 11:10:15 »

OK that is pretty ridiculous.

Why would you even go today? You know it's gonna be insanely busy.

They think their missing out Eek

So, give no fucks
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #4638 on: Monday, June 15, 2020, 11:13:00 »

They think their missing out Eek
What, on the 'Rona?

Bloody idiots the lot of them!

Moreover, the type of pricks who are going to force the rest of us to change our lifestyles for longer.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #4639 on: Monday, June 15, 2020, 11:36:26 »

This time last week this thread was on overdrive. Attacks on the police and disrespectful behaviour were (quite rightly) condemned by nearly everyone including those who supported the protestor’s cause.

But Saturday’s violence, disrespectful behaviour and unprovoked attacks on the Police have barely raised a murmur in comparison. Some who posted multiple times last weekend, apparently stopped having any opinion this weekend and disappeared.

I’m genuinely not having a go. But I do find it confusing. Is it that everyone is too fatigued by the constant tribalism and just want to get back to talking less contentious bollocks?!
What else is there to say, the people at mass gatherings last weekend were breaking the law and same thing this weekend with a violent element disgracing themselves both weekends. My point remains that they should have been enforced and no mass gatherings allowed but no point banging on about it now as looks like a blind eye is just going to get turned by the Police and predictable outcome of tit for tat has ensued.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #4640 on: Monday, June 15, 2020, 12:18:55 »

Primark is what is it. Handy for stuff like kettels and irons and what-not. I've shopped there a few times myself in the past.

Apparently, Swindon is the only place where it's pronounced 'pree-mark'. Everybody else calls if 'pri-mark'.

Since when has Primark sold kettels and irons, its clothes only in the north?

If you start applying 'fair wage' logic then you have a lot of products to avoid. not just clothes.

We all should of course, but I certainly don't do.

Thing is a heck of a lot of Primark stuff is sourced from the same factories who also supply clothes for retailers much higher up the food chain, thus you get into the question of morals for buying for a £1 and selling for £5 against buying for a £1 with a fancy label on and selling for £60. When that factory collapsed in Bangladesh, Primarck did a hell of a lot more than other posher retailers who were buying from the same place.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #4641 on: Monday, June 15, 2020, 14:28:42 »

The real scandal is that if he had plead not guilty it would probably have been 12-18 months before it ended up in court.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #4642 on: Monday, June 15, 2020, 14:39:49 »

Who would have thought that Jonathan Van-Tam is a Boston United season ticket holder!
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #4643 on: Monday, June 15, 2020, 14:49:13 »

Since when has Primark sold kettels and irons, its clothes only in the north?

Thing is a heck of a lot of Primark stuff is sourced from the same factories who also supply clothes for retailers much higher up the food chain, thus you get into the question of morals for buying for a £1 and selling for £5 against buying for a £1 with a fancy label on and selling for £60. When that factory collapsed in Bangladesh, Primarck did a hell of a lot more than other posher retailers who were buying from the same place.

Yep Primark I thought had always exclusively sold clothing, shoes, bags, apart from in more recent times like PoS items like wrapping paper, sweets etc near the tills.

Indeed, saw it for myself at one of the Turkish warehouses. A lot of the items were "base" tier and unbranded. Many of them to be distributed for Zara, HarveyNicks, SuperDry, TopShop and so on at this place. This wasn't the "fake stuff" from the Bazaars but it was an opportunity to by unbranded, weeks before it arrived in the UK.

Point in case, I bought an ex, an unbranded jacket there that was set for SuperDry for about 100tl (£25 at the time). Still dubious, I went into SuperDry store around a month later and the item I paid for was on the hangers for around £230.

This still questions the ethics of the little cost of producing, upto £25. The warehouse was still making money via slave labour somewhere. But short of sticking a fancy label, shipping to the UK/RoW and other nominal overheads per item; someone like Philip *ugh* Green is making at least £200 profit per item and thsg was 7 years ago so likely higher now.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #4644 on: Monday, June 15, 2020, 16:05:48 »

Whilst everyone is going on about the common people at Primark, barely a whisper about Bicester village.

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #4645 on: Monday, June 15, 2020, 16:10:29 »

Honestly, might as well knock any restrictions on the head. Obviously those in the vulnerable group will still take precautions, but everyone else seems happy to say bollocks to Covid.
Flashheart

« Reply #4646 on: Monday, June 15, 2020, 16:12:19 »

Was about to say the same thing.

What's the point? The virus is going to spread anyway. The government have clearly lost all control, why should businesses continue to suffer?
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #4647 on: Monday, June 15, 2020, 16:18:51 »

The old folk will be left cowering inside their homes while everyone else goes back to ‘normal’.

Dumped them in care homes, now couldn’t care less. Fucking shameful.
Banker

On The Bank

Ignore
« Reply #4648 on: Monday, June 15, 2020, 16:46:27 »

Pretty standard for a first hearing for a case like that to be in Court within 48 hours.  Had he pleaded not guilty, yes, it would have taken months.

Should we assume that the unidentified lass arrested after being widely filmed cavorting on the cenotaph with a lighter, is pleading not guilty ?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #4649 on: Monday, June 15, 2020, 17:08:40 »

Should we assume that the unidentified lass arrested after being widely filmed cavorting on the cenotaph with a lighter, is pleading not guilty ?
That did pass my mind, or that they do not wish to make a big thing of it under the current circumstance as it could be seen as inciting more violence?

Has she been arrested even?

I genuinely haven't heard any more about it.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 ... 307 308 309 [310] 311 312 313 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: