Pages: 1 ... 301 302 303 [304] 305 306 307 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1217170 times)
mystical_goat

Ignore
« Reply #4545 on: Thursday, June 11, 2020, 18:06:29 »

Tell me about it.... I'm getting to the end of my 250 ml jar and have been hoping for replacement supplies to no avail so far, about a month now.

I suspected it must be to do with the lack of brewing  Sad

Do you mean 250g?

https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/254880991

There were loads on the shelves near me yesterday, I bought one.

I like the Marmite peanut butter too. But nothing beats this peanut butter:

https://www.picspeanutbutter.com/gb/pics-peanut-butter-products/peanut-butter

I buy it by the Kilo.

« Last Edit: Thursday, June 11, 2020, 18:08:02 by mystical_goat » Logged
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #4546 on: Thursday, June 11, 2020, 18:17:42 »

shit with sugar on beats peanut butter!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #4547 on: Thursday, June 11, 2020, 19:40:24 »

Do you mean 250g?

https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/254880991

There were loads on the shelves near me yesterday, I bought one.

I like the Marmite peanut butter too. But nothing beats this peanut butter:

https://www.picspeanutbutter.com/gb/pics-peanut-butter-products/peanut-butter

I buy it by the Kilo.

I get my stuff from the Co-Op. I've been mightily thankful of the staff front and back there, for keeping going through this pandemic,  more or less a life saver for me.   But no marmite.... still got a bit left, so hopeful some might appear before long.  Don't really want to make a special journey for one item.
StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #4548 on: Thursday, June 11, 2020, 21:44:21 »

No but you only have to watch the BBC/Sky/Channel 4 and it is obvious they are anti the government and leftwing driven.

I'm sorry but that really is a ridiculous statement.  Murdoch-owned Sky is leftwing driven?!?  That's Icke-levels batshit crazy.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #4549 on: Friday, June 12, 2020, 07:51:00 »

I'm sorry but that really is a ridiculous statement.  Murdoch-owned Sky is leftwing driven?!?  That's Icke-levels batshit crazy.

Davis made a similar error... Sky is owned by Comcast an American company.

When arguing a leftist position it's important to get the facts right.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #4550 on: Friday, June 12, 2020, 07:58:32 »

Or left in this case Reg  Smiley
Flashheart

« Reply #4551 on: Friday, June 12, 2020, 08:00:15 »

A generalised observation I have made:

When the left complain of bias, they do so because they percieve that reporting is unblanced. IE, they don't necessarilly complain that the press are being negative about their side, rather that the press aren't doing the same to the other side in equal measure.

For the right, however, ANY criticism levelled at their side is concieved as bias. Regardless of how much the same press then goes on to tear into the other side. Bias to them seems to mean the press can rip into people all they like... but not their team.
StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #4552 on: Friday, June 12, 2020, 08:09:09 »

Thanks Reg.
I still think it's a ridiculous statement.  Kay Burley and Adam Boulton have suddenly become left-wing?!  (just because, for once, they're not cheerleading the Govt).
StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #4553 on: Friday, June 12, 2020, 08:16:56 »

When the left complain of bias, they do so because they percieve that reporting is unblanced. IE, they don't necessarilly complain that the press are being negative about their side, rather that the press aren't doing the same to the other side in equal measure.

For the right, however, ANY criticism levelled at their side is concieved as bias. Regardless of how much the same press then goes on to tear into the other side. Bias to them seems to mean the press can rip into people all they like... but not their team.

I agree wholeheartedly with that. 

Possibly people get confused with the comedy/entertainment part of the BBC and the News aspect .
The entertainment part may well show bias because it's normal and healthy to poke fun at whatever Government is in power. 

But BBC News, Question Time and Radio 4 Today programme regularly get attacked vociferously by both sides, yet the myth that they are left wing continues to get perpetuated and the backgrounds of people like Nick Robinson conveniently ignored.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #4554 on: Friday, June 12, 2020, 08:20:15 »

Doesn't this make them the 'snowflakes'?

Never knowingly overstated.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #4555 on: Friday, June 12, 2020, 08:47:23 »

You are correct, my error. Initially when the sale was mooted, the proposal was that Murdoch would retain Sky News separately from the rest of Sky, I hadn't realised he'd actually sold the whole shooting match eventually.

When arguing any position, it's important to get the facts right. I wasn't arguing an explicitly leftist position in that post.

On the other important topic of note this morning, Marmite is fucking rank.
Flashheart

« Reply #4556 on: Friday, June 12, 2020, 08:50:22 »

On the other important topic of note this morning, Marmite is fucking rank.

Incorrect.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #4557 on: Friday, June 12, 2020, 08:51:35 »

But BBC News, Question Time and Radio 4 Today programme regularly get attacked vociferously by both sides, yet the myth that they are left wing continues to get perpetuated and the backgrounds of people like Nick Robinson conveniently ignored.

The BBC is an odd one, they seem to generally fall flat on their face with their need for 'balance' hence cases such as when you will have an internationally renown scientists debating climate change with someone like Nigel Lawson, likewise I suspect the regularity of Farage's appearances are a need to provide balance by providing someone racist right wing to react to any opposing view on a panel.

WRT to the news setting aside LK, as I have no idea what is going on there, rather than any conspiracy I suspect she is a dreadful journalist who doesn't actually understand what a journalist is supposed to do (report the news not just parrot what 'downing street sources tell you as news), there are some decent people working in there, much as with the print media the regional stuff is much better than the national stuff (in the print media, stuff coming out of the MEN and YP for instance is 100x more straight and accurate than any of the nationals!).

Any perceived left wing bias looks even more paranoid when you consider who has been chosen as the new DG (former Tory candidate and deputy chair of constituency party).
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #4558 on: Friday, June 12, 2020, 08:54:20 »

Incorrect.

Absolutely incorrect! Marmite on toast and Cheese and Marmite sandwiches are just heaven!
« Last Edit: Friday, June 12, 2020, 08:56:12 by Bob's Orange » Logged

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #4559 on: Friday, June 12, 2020, 08:56:08 »

WRT to the news setting aside LK, as I have no idea what is going on there, rather than any conspiracy I suspect she is a dreadful journalist who doesn't actually understand what a journalist is supposed to do (report the news not just parrot what 'downing street sources tell you as news)
I'd put ITV's Peston in the same category - overpromoted on the back of his prominence in the financial crisis of 2008 and has been exposing his inadequacies ever since.

I particularly dislike BBC News' smug assumption that "Because we're being criticised by both sides, that proves we have the balance right". No it doesn't, you're just shit. I used to regard BBC news as an almost objective standard in news reporting but over the past 5 years or so, it's gone very badly downhill. Kuensberg is the standard bearer for that decline, but by no means unique
« Last Edit: Friday, June 12, 2020, 08:58:54 by pauld » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 301 302 303 [304] 305 306 307 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: