Pages: 1 ... 279 280 281 [282] 283 284 285 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1217361 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #4215 on: Monday, June 1, 2020, 14:22:13 »

Interesting = worrying, but not unsurprising.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #4216 on: Monday, June 1, 2020, 14:37:34 »

yes mine too re :airport/airplane

it was mentioned in one newspaper is that every visitor would need a covid negative blood test before being allowed into Tenerife . But not sure how that's implementable - it surely can't be done at the airport. if it's done sometime before then how valid is it on day of travel?

we are if course still under an 'essential travel only' order. I don't be disappointed if that lasts until September.

ps. they have an antibody test that is 98-99% accurate. they are using it on NHS staff at the moment

So much stuff that needs sorting out!

So, give no fucks
BoA Vagabond

Tufty club

Ignore
« Reply #4217 on: Monday, June 1, 2020, 15:07:10 »

Interesting article in the British Medical Journal.

https://www.bmj.com/content/369/bmj.m2102

Thanks for sharing.

Parasitic freeloading season ticket holder scum
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #4218 on: Monday, June 1, 2020, 15:24:11 »

it seems the Canary Islands may open again to tourists in time for summer.

we were supposed to be going in August, I'm not sure how I feel about going if it pans out we can.

Not British ones.... https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/coronavirus-spain-bans-british-holidays-135535763.html

Same for me with Rhodes in July.  I believe Greece currently planning to review UK tourists being allowed in on 1st July.  My hope is they say no UK admissions so decision is made for me (and refund).

Greece are actually saying that if yoiu come from a high risk airport (thats us folks) you are tested on arrival, if the test is negative, then the passenger self-quarantines for 7 days. If the test is positive, the passenger is quarantined under supervision for 14 days.

So its going to be hardly worth it.
Chunkyhair

Ignore
« Reply #4219 on: Monday, June 1, 2020, 15:29:50 »

And I would have to self quarantine for 14 days when I come home if I understand the very clear (not) guidance on such things

No one kills a thread like me....
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #4220 on: Monday, June 1, 2020, 15:39:37 »

Not British ones.... https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/coronavirus-spain-bans-british-holidays-135535763.html

Greece are actually saying that if yoiu come from a high risk airport (thats us folks) you are tested on arrival, if the test is negative, then the passenger self-quarantines for 7 days. If the test is positive, the passenger is quarantined under supervision for 14 days.

So its going to be hardly worth it.
Yeah. Stay at home you virus ridden fuckers. We’ve had no cases here.

Unclean! Unclean!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #4221 on: Monday, June 1, 2020, 16:25:33 »

Yeah. Stay at home you virus ridden fuckers. We’ve had no cases here.

Unclean! Unclean!
Smiley Can we come if we bring a bell?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #4222 on: Monday, June 1, 2020, 16:31:07 »

Flipping hell, its like the hokey cokey.

It was "no way until September" , then "yeah why not if you..." and now back to "no way at the moment"
« Last Edit: Monday, June 1, 2020, 16:33:42 by Batch » Logged
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #4223 on: Monday, June 1, 2020, 16:32:52 »

Smiley Can we come if we bring a bell?
Plenty of them on the FB group
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #4224 on: Monday, June 1, 2020, 16:42:59 »

Flipping hell, its like the hokey cokey.

It was "no way until September" , then "yeah why not if you..." and now back to "no way at the moment"
tbf, that may be in reaction to our govt flapping around like a fish out of water. It's not exactly been a clear path out of infection via a stable consistent set of guidelines
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #4225 on: Monday, June 1, 2020, 19:59:00 »

I cannot see Spain letting any uk tourists in this summer.
The government here has already said it will not except countries where the virus is not under control and the Uk is by far the worst in Europe.
Good news spain had no deaths in last 24 hours. Bad news Uk had 566
Spanish beaches opened today, I took a picture of fuengirola beach today, compare and contrast with beach scenes in the uk

* 2F612D9C-D8B7-4F7F-87F0-6E20C953AEF3.jpeg (995.33 KB, 2303x2303 - viewed 171 times.)
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #4226 on: Monday, June 1, 2020, 21:44:02 »

I cannot see Spain letting any uk tourists in this summer.
The government here has already said it will not except countries where the virus is not under control and the Uk is by far the worst in Europe.
Good news spain had no deaths in last 24 hours. Bad news Uk had 566
Spanish beaches opened today, I took a picture of fuengirola beach today, compare and contrast with beach scenes in the uk

did they bleach that one?
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #4227 on: Tuesday, June 2, 2020, 00:00:18 »

What are they doing about hours, up here the hub where all the SEN/KW kids have been going has been open till 5.30 every day, yet when that closes at the end of this week and the schools themselves re-open they can only offer the service until 3.15 each day as per their normal hours thus its going to mean that the KW's are actually going to receive less support than they are now.

Its all a nonsense anyway, when they do get back the classes are all going to be mixed up so there will be very little education, its basically providing child minding services.

I couldn't tell you to be honest mate. I don't have kids myself, this is just what has been relayed to me from my sister when I enquired/she told me about what was happening regarding school. As it happens they are still homeschooling and I think that will be it for my Niece until she starts secondary school; whenever that may be. I assume this is likely to be similar for many Y6 kids (who aren't KW/SEN) across the country.

RE: Hours. Yeah that is going to be a little harsh on those kids but then maybe they won't receive less because they'll be going back on full 9-3, 5 days a week? Whereas I'm led to believe at the moment it had been staggered hours (to accomodate schools with a higher than normal KW/SEN pupils), and teachers had been on a reduced rota (3 in 5 followed by 2 in 5). So if nothing else I suppose the week will have more consistency for the kids?

But yes you're right, essentially it is just a way of providing extra childcare. Unfortunately.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #4228 on: Tuesday, June 2, 2020, 00:11:53 »

I don't even want to visit my local beach yet. I can only imagine not only how many inconsiderate fuckwits will be there and they won't be local folk (in the main) too. Yep I'm aware that sounds incredibly Royston Vasey but also the amount of shit that will be left behind/piling up. Dread to think of how much the smell of stale piss will have built up behind the beach huts.

Mmmm NH³ Puke

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #4229 on: Tuesday, June 2, 2020, 08:15:24 »

Its not even come into force yet, so why are they alreeady trying to relax it whilst we have no idea whether it works or not!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52886724

Nice to see last night that Matt Hancock just slipped 445 new deaths into the record without mentioning it in the briefing, it merely being hidden away in the small print.
Pages: 1 ... 279 280 281 [282] 283 284 285 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: