Pages: 1 ... 261 262 263 [264] 265 266 267 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1217148 times)
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #3945 on: Tuesday, May 26, 2020, 18:46:28 »

Hancock was a right knob on this evenings briefing a combination of sitting on the fence, arse licking and couldn't handle the ITN news journalist question so quickly cut him off

I thought he absolutely owned Peston TBH when he asked that pointless question.

Probably his best moment in politics, which wasn’t a high bar to pass
Cowley38

Ignore
« Reply #3946 on: Tuesday, May 26, 2020, 18:56:00 »

Get ready for the shit storm brewing!

Questions being asked about several Labour MPs and councillors who have breached lock down but it's been brushed under the carpet by Labour...

Might be worth getting the popcorn
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #3947 on: Tuesday, May 26, 2020, 18:57:28 »

Peston's trouble is he asks too many questions at once. Which then gives a politician the chance to avoid the original point of focus and answer something else. It's easy to deflect when the journo creates the pathway for you.

Peston has merged more toward having an "entertainment" career now than a politically charged one. The 'sexy' flicks of his floppy pelt scream 'Please, please book me for Strictly'. Shame becasue he used to be very critical and pretty good.

I suppose once you have a show with your namesake attached you're already five steps into narcissist town.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #3948 on: Tuesday, May 26, 2020, 19:01:56 »

Peston's trouble is he asks too many questions at once. Which then gives a politician the chance to avoid the original point of focus and answer something else. It's easy to deflect when the journo creates the pathway for you.

Absolutely spot on with that observation.  He even did it yesterday in the Rose Garden when there was absolutely no need given he was fucking face-to-face with Cummings and not over zoom, asking all his 3 questions in one go - which takes him so long at the best of times.  Such a basic shit-interviewing technique, all the baffling given his experience and status.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #3949 on: Tuesday, May 26, 2020, 19:02:44 »

I thought he absolutely owned Peston TBH when he asked that pointless question.

Probably his best moment in politics, which wasn’t a high bar to pass

He owned Peston by cutting him off and a shame he didn't continue debating with him but probably saw how he got into Cummings yesterday and thought f**k it not again

So, give no fucks
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #3950 on: Tuesday, May 26, 2020, 19:38:59 »

Easy to lead when you don’t really need to worry about the financial side. I imagine that if she’s gets her way and a second referendum they probably will vote to leave. Can’t see their free tuition fees and what not lasting long as not sure where their money will come from, they certainly won’t be keeping all the north see oil reserves.

Scottish tax payers get free prescriptions and university education for their kids.  But what is less well-publicized is that many pay more tax for the privilege.  The higher rate tax band is 41%, for example, not 40%.  And it kicks in at approx £43k, not £50k...which makes quite a difference to the tax take.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #3951 on: Tuesday, May 26, 2020, 19:42:04 »

Peston has merged more toward having an "entertainment" career now than a politically charged one. The 'sexy' flicks of his floppy pelt scream 'Please, please book me for Strictly'. Shame becasue he used to be very critical and pretty good.

I suppose once you have a show with your namesake attached you're already five steps into narcissist town.

He also bumbles & drifts.  No focus, and long drawn out vowel sounds while he works out what he's going to say next.  I'm not really sure how it is that he's risen to such a position of prominence.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #3952 on: Tuesday, May 26, 2020, 19:55:08 »

Scottish tax payers get free prescriptions and university education for their kids.  But what is less well-publicized is that many pay more tax for the privilege.  The higher rate tax band is 41%, for example, not 40%.  And it kicks in at approx £43k, not £50k...which makes quite a difference to the tax take.
Their budget deficit as a % is 4 times that of the UK as a whole. Assuming they don’t get an easy entry into the EU and have to pay to exit like us and Brexit I think they could find the grass to not be greener. HS2 connections to Scotland for example would almost certainly be scrapped.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #3953 on: Tuesday, May 26, 2020, 20:05:07 »

Don't dispute that.  But English & Welsh voters voted to leave a political union recently whilst knowing that there would be an economic price to pay.  And it wouldn't be the greatest shock if Scottish voters soon did the same.  Most of my Scottish friends certainly feel a lot less British these days.  The bonds have undoubtedly weakened since 2014.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #3954 on: Tuesday, May 26, 2020, 20:35:22 »

Peston having his arse handed to him by Hancock was superb. Treated the question with the contempt it deserved  Cheesy
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #3955 on: Tuesday, May 26, 2020, 20:40:21 »

My wife has just signed up for more night shifts in SCBU.

Those beach photos make her angry. What they should do is have a big screen showing what key workers have to go through mentally and physically.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #3956 on: Tuesday, May 26, 2020, 21:15:45 »

More bad news for the Government.  That lefty rag, the Daily Mail, really sticking the boot in with their own latest poll result, particularly damning of all is that 55% of Conservative voters say Cummings has to go.  They've started to lose Middle England.

I should be delighted but seeing "the truth" and "doing the right thing" become so utterly meaningless to some in this country is actually very sad to see.

* EY-NXfvXgAUDqOP.jpg (331.43 KB, 1106x1395 - viewed 181 times.)
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #3957 on: Tuesday, May 26, 2020, 21:23:59 »

I should be delighted but seeing "the truth" and "doing the right thing" become so utterly meaningless to some in this country is actually very sad to see.
It brings a tear to the eye...

Get a fucking grip of yourself 
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #3958 on: Tuesday, May 26, 2020, 21:26:11 »

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1287249/keir-starmer-dominic-Cummings-latest-Labour-MPs-news-coronavirus

Are you all calling for these Labour MP's to be sacked, they have actually broken the rules.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, May 26, 2020, 21:29:11 by STFC_Manc » Logged
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #3959 on: Tuesday, May 26, 2020, 21:34:39 »

My wife has just signed up for more night shifts in SCBU.

Those beach photos make her angry. What they should do is have a big screen showing what key workers have to go through mentally and physically.

It's disgusting seing all the beaches full of people, all ignoring social distancing.  What is even worse though, is when the media speak to people at the beach and they all say that people shouldn't be at the beach... the mind boggles
Pages: 1 ... 261 262 263 [264] 265 266 267 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: