Pages: 1 ... 255 256 257 [258] 259 260 261 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1217109 times)
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #3855 on: Monday, May 25, 2020, 17:22:00 »

"We are leading the way with our world beating bullsh*t and distraction tactics"

I come from a land down-under
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #3856 on: Monday, May 25, 2020, 17:24:54 »

That’s a question that i don’t believe has been asked by the media, i may be wrong.

There could be a perfectly valid reason the sister couldn’t look after the kid, there might not be, who knows

Agree there, she could be a nurse or any other essential worker that couldn’t have helped out. The assumption has to be that he chose the best option to safeguard his kid, the fact that it was in Durham is by the by I suppose.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3857 on: Monday, May 25, 2020, 17:26:05 »

Me Mrs me and the kids saw my mum today. made her day.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #3858 on: Monday, May 25, 2020, 17:27:56 »

If you believe that he travelled to Durham to safeguard his son - fine.  I disagree but fine.

But to then justify the 60 minute round trip to Barnard Castle just sounds like you'd defend absolutely anything.  If he genuinely felt he might not be able to drive and needed a practice because his eyesight was "dodgy", why the ACTUAL FUCK would you do that practice drive with your wife and son?  You'd do it alone if you truly cared about safeguarding your son.

That was when we were on full lockdown.  Driving 30 minutes, getting out of your car and having a little walk was NOT an essential journey. It's not a breach of the guidelines, it's a breach of the law.
Even if the "eyesight test" thing is true, and it clearly isn't, that in itself is a breach of the law. Section 96, Road Traffic Act, 1988 makes it an offence to drive with defective eyesight

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1988/52/section/96
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #3859 on: Monday, May 25, 2020, 17:29:04 »

That’s a question that i don’t believe has been asked by the media, i may be wrong.

There could be a perfectly valid reason the sister couldn’t look after the kid, there might not be, who knows

pauld doesnt know but he is making assumptions and telling the man where he should have sent his child. Cummings said in the statement that his sister was staying at the farm as well did he not? does he have multiple sisters? I dont care
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #3860 on: Monday, May 25, 2020, 17:30:37 »

Agree there, she could be a nurse or any other essential worker that couldn’t have helped out.
This is Mary Wakefield's father's house, Chillingham Castle

Pretty fucking sure her sister isn't a key worker

singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #3861 on: Monday, May 25, 2020, 17:30:55 »

Bollocks were the guidlines "all up for interpretation". This was back in April when it was full lockdown, get stopped and fined by the police. People not seeing dying loved ones. People not seeing elderly relatives. Parents who work front line jobs making difficult decisions on seeing kids that might not live with them.

full on lockdown hey, police telling you to turn round or get a £60 fine. all of those above are bad things which are irrelevant to 1 man isolating with his family with care available if needed.

this chat is weird
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #3862 on: Monday, May 25, 2020, 17:32:19 »

pauld doesnt know but he is making assumptions and telling the man where he should have sent his child. Cummings said in the statement that his sister was staying at the farm as well did he not? does he have multiple sisters? I dont care
His sister in law. His wife's sister.
StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #3863 on: Monday, May 25, 2020, 17:32:42 »

full on lockdown hey, police telling you to turn round or get a £60 fine. all of those above are bad things which are irrelevant to 1 man isolating with his family with care available if needed.

this chat is weird

Have you considered going on 5Live's Fighting Talk with Colin Murray?

The "Defending the Indefensible" round would be a breeze for you.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #3864 on: Monday, May 25, 2020, 17:33:18 »

Even if the "eyesight test" thing is true, and it clearly isn't, that in itself is a breach of the law. Section 96, Road Traffic Act, 1988 makes it an offence to drive with defective eyesight

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1988/52/section/96

Aye, Police can test your eyesight at the roadside and have DVLA revoke the licence on the spot
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #3865 on: Monday, May 25, 2020, 17:33:56 »

If you believe that he travelled to Durham to safeguard his son - fine.  I disagree but fine.

But to then justify the 60 minute round trip to Barnard Castle just sounds like you'd defend absolutely anything.  If he genuinely felt he might not be able to drive and needed a practice because his eyesight was "dodgy", why the ACTUAL FUCK would you do that practice drive with your wife and son?  You'd do it alone if you truly cared about safeguarding your son.

That was when we were on full lockdown.  Driving 30 minutes, getting out of your car and having a little walk was NOT an essential journey. It's not a breach of the guidelines, it's a breach of the law.

I dont justify it- but on the 15th day of isolation if he wants to go out for a drive I dont mind. weren't we all allowed to go out for 1 hour exercise but the journey time must not exceed the equivalent?
StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #3866 on: Monday, May 25, 2020, 17:35:55 »

I dont justify it- but on the 15th day of isolation if he wants to go out for a drive I dont mind. weren't we all allowed to go out for 1 hour exercise but the journey time must not exceed the equivalent?

It doesn't matter if you don't mind, does it though? It was illegal - non-essential journeys at that time were banned,  Someone in this area got a ticket for admitting they went out for a drive because they were bored.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #3867 on: Monday, May 25, 2020, 17:37:00 »

QC's opinion - even by his own account, assuming everything Cummings says is true, he is in breach of the Coronavirus legislation. The govt's top adviser broke the law.

https://twitter.com/davidallengreen/status/1264963267136544769
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #3868 on: Monday, May 25, 2020, 17:38:55 »

Have you considered going on 5Live's Fighting Talk with Colin Murray?

The "Defending the Indefensible" round would be a breeze for you.

everyone is getting offended on behalf of other people.

he was wrong to not tell boris.
as a public figure he was wrong to be seen in public at the castle- should have kept a low profile and drove straight back to london.

it's been made into a national scandal which amazes me. he didnt come to contact with anyone- people are all of these beaches and parks without a care in the world for social distancing and priority. this man isolated with what he thought was protecting his family. read that back to yourself
brocklesby red

Ignore
« Reply #3869 on: Monday, May 25, 2020, 17:40:26 »

We had it drummed into us on a daily basis that we had to stay at home. The exceptions were to go to work if we couldn’t work from home, to shop for essential items, one form of excercise and for medical reasons. We weren’t advised to read through the regulations for any possible wriggle room to ignore these regulations. Why don’t politicians and their advisors just hold their hands up and apologise when they fuck up? It’s almost as though they spend so much time avoiding a straight answer to a straight question that they find it impossible to tell the truth. This afternoons performance was cringeworthy to say the least and certainly won’t draw a line under the matter
Pages: 1 ... 255 256 257 [258] 259 260 261 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: