Pages: 1 ... 249 250 251 [252] 253 254 255 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1217257 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #3765 on: Monday, May 25, 2020, 09:51:38 »

What Johnson did yesterday amounted to him choosing his mate's political career over the health of the nation. This is from Stephen Reicher, one of the scientists on the SPI-B panel that feeds into SAGE which advised on implementing (and easing) the lockdown

"As one of those involved in SPI-B, the Government advisory group on behavioural science, I can say that in a few short minutes tonight, Boris Johnson has trashed all the advice we have given on how to build trust and secure adherence to the measures necessary to control COVID-19.
Be open and honest, we said. Trashed.
Respect the public, we said. Trashed
Ensure equity, so everyone is treated the same, we said. Trashed.
Be consistent we said. Trashed.
Make clear 'we are all in it together'. Trashed.
It is very hard to provide scientific advice to a government which doesn't want to listen to science. I hope, however, that the public will read our papers (publicly available at https://gov.uk/government/groups/scientific-advisory-group-for-emergencies-sage-coronavirus-covid-19-response) and continue to make up for this bad  government with their own good sense."

https://twitter.com/ReicherStephen/status/1264606173212409857

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3766 on: Monday, May 25, 2020, 10:04:22 »

Quote from: swindonmaniac
Should imagine there's going to be a fair few people at the beach today.   If they can do it,  so can I attitude. 

I think people will still be largrly sensible, nobody wants a second spike.  whether that's enough, we'll see

but the police can go fish, the PM's defense of Cummings has made it very difficult for them to enforce things
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3767 on: Monday, May 25, 2020, 10:11:05 »

soapy tit wank #CumGate trending
Chunkyhair

Ignore
« Reply #3768 on: Monday, May 25, 2020, 10:40:14 »

Tomlinson and Buckland don't seem to have lot to say...

No one kills a thread like me....
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #3769 on: Monday, May 25, 2020, 10:53:25 »

Tomlinson and Buckland don't seem to have lot to say...
James Gray has apparently already emailed his local members to say Cummings should go. Buckland's in an awkward position as a member of the govt, understand it cld be difficult for him to break ranks. To some extent, I think it's to his credit he hasn't come out and backed Cummings like a lot of the Cabinet have, including the Attorney General. For the country's senior law officer to excuse and condone law-breaking is unforgivable, and I'm glad Buckland hasn't done that at least.
Chunkyhair

Ignore
« Reply #3770 on: Monday, May 25, 2020, 11:08:10 »

Fair comment on Buckland. Tomlinson's lack of comment is totally unsurprising, he will wait (if he does anything at all) for the most self serving moment for him to say something. No comment most likely

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3771 on: Monday, May 25, 2020, 11:10:53 »

I've actually written to Tomlinson. I'm that pissed off.

I never write to anybody.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #3772 on: Monday, May 25, 2020, 11:18:09 »

I've actually written to Tomlinson. I'm that pissed off.

I never write to anybody.

Telling him unless he is sacked you’re not voting Tory? 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3773 on: Monday, May 25, 2020, 11:20:00 »

telling him you're a cunt Smiley
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #3774 on: Monday, May 25, 2020, 11:31:38 »

Fair comment on Buckland. Tomlinson's lack of comment is totally unsurprising, he will wait (if he does anything at all) for the most self serving moment for him to say something. No comment most likely

Re Buckland.... not exactly, he's already shown himself to be as mendacious as Johnson/Cummings whose only interest is keeping his own job.

Don't forget that whereas Javid walked when Cummings told him who his spads would have to be... Buckland was quite happy to lose his pick and put up with a Cummings placeperson.

After Johnson was found to have unlawfully prorogued Parliament.... Buckland was still happy to support him, changing from a remainer to a no deal Brexiteer, despite all the evidence of the economic hit to come for Swindon.

As for Tomlinson at least he's consistent.  It was many years ago now that Davis tried to tell me on here that I should listen to JT as he talked a lot of sense.... having met him in a work capacity I thought.... no, he mostly talks shite. Anything in his aim to become an MP....

Flashheart

« Reply #3775 on: Monday, May 25, 2020, 11:39:57 »

Cummings to make a statement later apparently.

Is it possible for themselves to dig themselves in any deeper?
Chunkyhair

Ignore
« Reply #3776 on: Monday, May 25, 2020, 11:40:29 »

100% agree on everything you say re Buckland Reg, as for my "fair comment" I just think he has acted predictably by being predictably/selfishly silent on this one for reasons Pauld says (Buckland is still an odious self serving individual).

Tomlinson is just, well, totally useless.

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #3777 on: Monday, May 25, 2020, 11:40:52 »

It was many years ago now that Davis tried to tell me on here that I should listen to JT as he talked a lot of sense.
In the context of someone who knew how the local council worked at a time when as fans we were trying to work with the council, JT's advice was extremely useful. So if I did say that (and I've no doubt you'll pull out the quote) that would be the only context in which I said it. But never mind setting things in context eh Reg? You should apply for Cummings' job.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #3778 on: Monday, May 25, 2020, 11:44:53 »

100% agree on everything you say re Buckland Reg, as for my "fair comment" I just think he has acted predictably by being predictably/selfishly silent on this one for reasons Pauld says (Buckland is still an odious self serving individual).

Tomlinson is just, well, totally useless.

It was just the notion that Buckland by not saying anything was in some worthy of kudos for a difficult decision..... just as likely as he's off in his second home this weekend and wishes to keep his head down.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #3779 on: Monday, May 25, 2020, 11:47:12 »

It was just the notion that Buckland by not saying anything was in some worthy of kudos for a difficult decision.
Which isn't what I said. I said he'd done better than his boss, the AG, who has behaved appallingly for a senior law officer. Or indeed anyone who believes in the rule of law.
Pages: 1 ... 249 250 251 [252] 253 254 255 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: